What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Press conference tomorrow? Possible new signing

CycloneSteve

Juniors
Lets have a good think about this for a minute.......why would the Knights call a press conference for some total nuffy from out bush in Qld???
I has to be a player of some note......and they did say Qld Union player.....could it be Wendell Sailor??

SGM said:
michael hagan and harrogan are putting the boots back on.

LOL!!!!!!!! Hages is saying oh but I won the premiership in my 1st year and Harragans saying oh me f@@king groin I might have to retire mid year again LOL. Nah Paul the CHIEF Harragon is NEWCASTLE

SGM

Juniors
the knights are trying to fix this season up, but they shouldnt bother, its too late. your right mate they should look towards next year.

The Colonel

Immortal
Warriors eye Spencer, Knights sign Thaiday
By Brad Walter and Brett Keeble
April 20, 2005

Page Tools
Email to a friend Printer format
All Blacks star Carlos Spencer has been linked with a move to the Warriors after falling from favour with the Auckland Blues Super 12 franchise and the New Zealand Rugby Union.

The development comes as Newcastle today prepare to announce the signing of controversial former NSW Waratahs winger Milton Thaiday to a two-year contract.

Despite having another year to run on his NZRU contract, it is clear Spencer wants out after being forced to play second fiddle to former Melbourne Storm five-eighth Tasesa Lavea for the past two games with the Blues.

Currently sidelined by a cheekbone injury, he is reportedly flying to Europe tomorrow for talks with two English rugby union clubs and another in France.

But David Jones, the Auckland lawyer who handles Spencer's affairs, told The New Zealand Herald he had been approached by an intermediary for the Warriors.

Jones said he had been told the club intended to put a firm proposal to the 29-year-old goalkicking five-eighth, who played league against his parents' wishes at junior level.

A Warriors spokesman said: "The Warriors have not spoken to either Carlos Spencer or David Jones but we view Carlos as an incredible athlete and if he was to switch codes, we'd certainly be keen to listen."

Meanwhile, the Herald understands the Knights have beaten the Sydney Roosters to secure the services of Thaiday, who had also been targeted by the new Perth Super 14 rugby franchise.

The explosive 25-year-old outside back, who has been playing rugby league for Ballina in the Northern Rivers competition, is expected to play in the centres for Newcastle's premier league team against the Bulldogs on Sunday.

In first grade, Knights coach Michael Hagan has promoted Steve Witt to replace injured Andrew Johns at halfback.

Prop Adam Woolnough returns on the bench after overcoming a neck injury, while Mark Hughes has been recalled after making his comeback from a rib injury in premier league last week.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/League/W...ts-sign-Thaiday/2005/04/19/1113854201151.html

Nuffy

Bench
Are we smoking crack?

This guy is trouble with a capital T and he gets a two year contract.

He got cut from the Waratahs for lifestyle problems and missing training.

Hes our answer to Hodges.

Another hack to clog up the roster.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm not too familiar with Yawnion. Aside from his disciplinary problems, what's he like as a player?

A troublemaker can be reformed with the right formula. I'm not saying the Knights' management have it, but it's possible that he has developed some maturity. It's been known to happen.

SGM

Juniors
The 25-year-old's contract wasn't renewed at the end of the 2004 season after he checked himself into an Alcoholics Anonymous rehabilitation centre.
Geez maybe he is a mad man and will help the knights out.

Latest posts