What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Press conference tomorrow? Possible new signing

roopy

Referee
He is supposed to be a brilliant attacking player and real speedster.
He was also signed by Union from the North Coast after an outstanding career as a League junior.
I can remember articles a few years ago saying he was the best League convert to Union, better than Blacklock and Tuquiri, and that he was certain to play for Australia.
If he is on the wagon and prepared to train hard he might be our Matt Bowen.
He will certainly bring some speed and attacking flair to the side.

Alex28

Coach
He wasn't re-signed by the Waratahs partly because they really didn't need him - they have a heap of backs (just look how good their back 3 and centres are going this year). He looked good last year in the games he did play for the 'tahs - I'd be holding judgement people. If the Roosters were after him there must be something to it.

CycloneSteve said:
Lets have a good think about this for a minute.......why would the Knights call a press conference for some total nuffy from out bush in Qld???
I has to be a player of some note......and they did say Qld Union player.....could it be Wendell Sailor??

I hate Wendell but I'd kiss his feet if he'd come to us!

Well he sounds good to me he has speed atleast which is something that none of our other backs have!

CycloneSteve

Juniors
And here he is.......looks intimidating enough....

Thaiday_Milton.jpg

waratahs8,0.jpg

Alex28

Coach
Asked a few of the Rugby blokes at work - good defensive player, known to hit hard in attack and defence, is quick and has a good step on him. They are suggesting he might have been re-signed if he didnt go into rehab (not just AA), but chances are he wouldn't have got in front of Tuqiri and Hewat this year in any case.

Johns Magic

Referee
antonius said:
Can also play 5/8th I'm told.

Yeah, when I told my dad, who is a Sydney club rugby coach so he spends alot of time concentrating on other teams and their players, that we signed him, he said he'd probably be most suited to 5/8. Apparently he's got the skills to make it there.

northey

First Grade
Meanwhile, the Herald understands the Knights have beaten the Sydney Roosters to secure the services of Thaiday, who had also been targeted by the new Perth Super 14 rugby franchise.

The explosive 25-year-old outside back, who has been playing rugby league for Ballina in the Northern Rivers competition, is expected to play in the centres for Newcastle's premier league team against the Bulldogs on Sunday.

www.smh.com.au

antonius

Coach
The report in todays Newcastle Herald is saying he will play in the centres in Premier League this weekend v the Doggies.

Johns Magic

Referee
antonius said:
The report in todays Newcastle Herald is saying he will play in the centres in Premier League this weekend v the Doggies.

I'd say he'd be best at fullback to be honest, that or at 5/8, although he'd do well at wing.

I don't see why he is being used at centre, he'll have less space, and he is not a big guy.

Parki

Bench
yyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeessssssssssss!!!!!!!! somehow, i think dear old georgie boys days in the no 4 shirt are numbered somewhat

Johns Magic

Referee
Imagine:

1. Seage
2. Tighe
3. Gidley
4. Thaiday
5. Cooper
6. Kidley
7. Johns

Although personally I'd prefer to see Tighe and Thaiday switch positions.

antonius

Coach
Johns Magic said:
antonius said:

I'd say he'd be best at fullback to be honest, that or at 5/8, although he'd do well at wing.

I don't see why he is being used at centre, he'll have less space, and he is not a big guy.
Maybe with Hinton going so well at Fullback and Mullen at 5/8th they didn't want to mess with it too much, also there's a rumour that Seage will play, so they are fitting him in there just for the run, Then again the Herald might have it wrong. Have to wait and see when the side is announced I suppose.

Alex28

Coach
He'll be good at Centre in respect that he can actually tackle, as opposed to the current Centres...

Ben

Bench
Johns Magic said:
Imagine:

1. Seage
2. Tighe
3. Gidley
4. Thaiday
5. Cooper
6. Kidley
7. Johns

Although personally I'd prefer to see Tighe and Thaiday switch positions.
i like that backline, but when will all seven of those players be on the park at the same time

Latest posts