What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Press conference tomorrow? Possible new signing

Brendon

Juniors
Our side, fingers crossed by July [-o< [-o< [-o<

1. David Seage
2. Milton Thaiday
3. Matthew Gidley
4. Brad Tighe
5. Dustin Cooper
6. Kurt Gidley
7. Andrew Johns
8. Craig Smith
9. Danny Buderus
10. Luke Davico (if he is fit)
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Kirk Reynoldson

14. Josh Perry
15. Adam Woolnough
16. Todd Lowrie
17. Craig Hall

Brendon

Juniors
even b4 then....... Wooly in front row with kennedy on the bench..... hopefully within the next few wks

Any word on Davico? Him and Smith would be massive in the front Row though I'd drop Smith to the bench let Wooly take the first 20 mins on and then bring him on to run amok.

Johns Magic

Referee
Woolnough is much better off the bench and has played most of his footy there.

Smith is a leader in the pack.

I'd stick with what Brendon has.

I reckon Thaiday will be a real good signing. I've seen him play (Union, obviously) and he is a really quick guy who links well with his centre. I'd definitely play him on the wing outside Gidley... I saw him score 3 tries for the 'Tahs one day playing outside Morgan Turinui, who is a big strong ball distributing centre like Gids.

Welcome to the club Milton... just remember to stay off the p!ss :!:

Ben

Bench
"gidley steps off the left foot, draws in the winger and flick pass to thaiday...thaiday is clear, thaiday will score" we'll hopefully be seeing more of this in the near future

Johns Magic

Referee
http://www.superrugby.co.za/default.asp?id=2028&des=sportstalk

Newcomer of the Week:
Just when we thought we’d seen it all, along came a man with a name that makes him sound like a Sri Lankan spin bowler. Never mind; this youngster – Milton Thaiday, that is – has guile, fizz, speed on the pitch and he can turn an opponent square. This is what the Waratahs have to say of him in the Super 12 guide. “Milton Thaiday caused a minor media storm last year when he was picked to play for the Waratahs in a pre-season trial with only one game of rugby to his name. Thaiday was spotted in Lismore playing rugby league by Waratahs backs coach Gary Ella and lured to Sydney. Thaiday originally comes from Townville and has a highly decorated league background. Although a fullback now, he played much of his early football at halfback and five-eighth. (Scrumhalf and flyhalf if you need to ask!).

So he's played alot in the halves...

Johns Magic

Referee
http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/sto...t&thesubsection=&thesecondsubsection=

Two Ballina tries in the final five minutes of the first half proved the turning point in the game, the Seagulls breaking away to lead 26-2 at half-time after tries to Milton Thaiday, Ashley Moran and big Les Roberts then winger Clayton Morris and class fullback Shaun Laurie crossed in the 36th and 38th minute.

The raps on former Waratah Thaiday are justified. He oozes class, has electric speed and a wonderful feel for the game. Centre partner Moran is also lightning quick and along with Thaiday each scored two tries and were elusive all day.

Ben

Bench
so this guy can play fullback, wing, centre, halfback and five-eighth, theres our entire backline covered by one player...get another 5 of him and put johns in the backline and well be set

thuganomics

Coach
Great news for the club.

Hopefully we can give him some first grade time this year. Looking foward to see him play.

We have needed someone of his skill for a while now, lets hope he can be our savior.

Good buy Knights

roopy

Referee
What a backline we should have in Premier League this week - Campbell and Mullen in the halves and both looking better every game - and speedsters like Thaiday, Seage, Spiteri, Hinton, Tremain-Cannon fighting over the remaining spots.

Doctor

Bench
It's interesting that the Knights picked a player with a known history of alcohol use -- it seems clear that the bloke can play though.

Put it this way: he has to be better than Carmont and Hall combined. I'd still like to see him prove himself in the lower grades first..... not that his promotion to first grade can make the team perform any worse.

So it's a controversial but generally acceptable signing -- provided they're consistent on the handling of any misbehaviour, as they claim to now be. The Knights desperately need to clean up their image..... perhaps the 'rehab clinic' isn't so bad a label though. We've already been called a hospital ward.

snapper

Juniors
I think I'd be putting Quinny back on the wing when he 's fit. Thaiday could probably play on the other wing.

From what I've seen Brad Tighe's not a winger. Doesn't quite now the art of finishing at the moment. We need blokes who can score tries when they're on offer. Generally Quinny is pretty good at that. Maybe Tighe would be better kept in the centres away from the corner post.

thuganomics

Coach
Tighe is a better Centre then a winger, so he should get the number 4 Jersey.

Whens Quinn supposed to come back?

Latest posts