What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pretenders

RedVDave

First Grade
I was at this game last night. It was a whirl of beers and cheers as the storm crushed the scum.

Notable highlights:

* Sitting with the dragons relay team comprising of youn Harold matts and sg ball players. Good blokes

* Singing along to myself as the U20s gave it a real shot.

* heckling sharks fans all night long. Many rousing renditions of 41, then 42 years, and f**k f**k CRONULLA! along with this, singing the birds eye jingle "give em the best, with birds eye" really sh*ts them off! A must have for the next derby!

The best thing was when a couple of close by sharks fans asked if I'd seen a premiership in my lifetime. I replied by asking if he had ever seen one?

there were 25k odd people there last night and they showed they were plastic fans, with no heart.heading for the exits with 20 to go.

f**k you scummers

haha you are always spot on when it comes to Scumnulla! Keep up the good work mate! Loved your other post about the shire to mate your a legend!

Hanscholo

Bench
Yea it was the 'week off'. Stands to reason that every side in the comp trys their arses off all season to get it, such a disadvantage. Maybe they just played like sh*t, i mean it isnt like they havent turned it up in games this year.

Yea it was the 'week off'. Stands to reason that every side in the comp trys their arses off all season to get it, such a disadvantage. Maybe they just played like sh*t, i mean it isnt like they havent turned it up in games this year.

The week off didn't seem to worry Manly......

IMO the week off only worries teams that have shown a tendancy to not "turn up" during the season.

The Scum were exposed by the Storm in a lot of areas. A finals match is totally different to club games in terms of pressure and having big match players who can respond when needed.

The Scum were not up to it when it mattered, as usual.

The Rosco

Bench
Same here man. Brings back so many memories of '05. I mean the Storm were ripe for the belting tonight, even up till the 60th minute the Sharks couldve ran them down. The week off just ruined the sharks mongrel and hunger, same story as our game against the Tigerscum.

Lets hope it kills Manly tomorrow night :p

Hey dragon . . . .
It's not nice calling the Weststigers " Tiger scum".
Are you STILL not over it ??!! . . .Move on pal, it was like 3 yrs ago ! . But just to re-live a glorious memory . . .
I don't know what I enjoyed the most . . 1- Seeing Benji leave shimmy shimmy wanker spread out on the ground, beaten by skill for the first try. ( the first of many)
OR . .2- At the end of the game, when the camera panned up into the stands . . seeing the abject misery and tears of you absolutely devastated Saints supporters.

But I see that Cronulla are also scum, so it seems that everyone but the dragons are scum, according to you.
Your lot are the biggest pack of "Love-me-do's" in the league. From their 1 size too small shirts to the grossly unfounded arrogance that comes with being the January favourites ( and September losers ) for the past 7 years.
Thank God you got rid of the most over-rated player in the game.
I know you are going to trot out the stat on Gasnier and all his tries against the only successful merged team. You can have all 15 effin tries in the for/against rounds, but I'll still take the one he let in in the 05 semi.
He can only play well when your lot of mongs are up by 20. Most other times, he chokes. That stupid effin " shake and sieve" action that he makes with the ball in front of him is amongst the dumbest things ever seen in the game.

Tiger scum indeed.

Don't worry gunner. January will be here soon. Then all the papers will polish you and your lot's ego with the usual predictions about the premiership hopefuls.
Your red and white V will be raging hot favourites for the title. AGAIN.
But this year, it's going to be different. AGAIN.
Gunner, gunner, gunner.

And then September rolls around all too soon.
And the nightmare re-lives itself for you.

Who the hell are you going to blame in 09?

Potsie

Juniors
:lol: and the crowd was only 25,000 the scum supporters are pathetic and the worst in the NRL, never leave the shire the f**king hobbits (come to think of it that's a good thing :) ) they don't even cheer when the team runs on the park after half time, when they are only down by 6. By the way what was with all those scum supporters wearing those gay head bands??? :lol:.

Thats a HUGE Point, the scum fans didnt even get out to the game. I know we are about to approach the 30 year drought, but gee at least we turn up to games (especially at Kogarah, not that oversized toilet known as ANZ etc etc etc).

Scum are overated, but I think they will improve next year. But the scum are always going to be hated when they have the grub brothers in Bird and Gallen

Jasdragon

Juniors
Hey dragon . . . .
Are you STILL not over it ??!! . . .Move on pal, it was like 3 yrs ago ! . But just to re-live a glorious memory . . .
I don't know what I enjoyed the most . . 1- Seeing Benji leave shimmy shimmy wanker spread out on the ground, beaten by skill for the first try. ( the first of many)
OR . .2- At the end of the game, when the camera panned up into the stands . . seeing the abject misery and tears of you absolutely devastated Saints supporters.

But I see that Cronulla are also scum, so it seems that everyone but the dragons are scum, according to you.
Your lot are the biggest pack of "Love-me-do's" in the league. From their 1 size too small shirts to the grossly unfounded arrogance that comes with being the January favourites ( and September losers ) for the past 7 years.
I know you are going to trot out the stat on Gasnier and all his tries against the only successful merged team. You can have all 15 effin tries in the for/against rounds, but I'll still take the one he let in in the 05 semi.
He can only play well when your lot of mongs are up by 20. Most other times, he chokes. That stupid effin " shake and sieve" action that he makes with the ball in front of him is amongst the dumbest things ever seen in the game.

Tiger scum indeed.

Don't worry gunner. January will be here soon. Then all the papers will polish you and your lot's ego with the usual predictions about the premiership hopefuls.
Gunner, gunner, gunner.

Marshall is the most overrated player in the game had 1 good season and that was it! By the way the tigers will prob get the spoon next season.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Hey dragon . . . .

Tiger scum indeed.

Gunner, gunner, gunner.

Yeah, good on em.

A token premiership is doing wonders for your club atm. :lol:

The Rosco

Bench
Jasdragon,
Yeah, maybe Marshall is the most over-rated in the game NOW . . . especially now that Gaz gave you lot and Australia the flick. And since he got busted up, he hasn't lived up to the hype he created in '05 . But I'll tell you something . . put together a 10 minute highlight package of Benji in '05, and it will never be equalled.
He is the first player in living memory to create something totally new and unseen in our game. His step is still being copied by many, but none get it right.
Oh, hang on . . .I'm sorry, I forgot that Gaz created the "flour sieve" shaky shaky move. Now THAT was a piece of rugby league folklore. Look at everybody trying to copy that piece of crap !!

Godking dean . . . Mate, you would sell the soul of one of your worshippers for a title. Deserved, stolen, or even token .
Our average score during that finals series was 33 - 10 . Yeah, token.

And now seriously, you blokes must be praying that Bennet will be your saviour. It will be interesting to see the shift in attitude in '09.
Was Browny THAT bad ???

Godz Illa

Coach
Jesus. And they accuse us Dragons fans of living in the past! At least our glory years were indeed 'years', plural. But well done in 05 anyway I guess.

Jasdragon,
Yeah, maybe Marshall is the most over-rated in the game NOW . . . especially now that Gaz gave you lot and Australia the flick. And since he got busted up, he hasn't lived up to the hype he created in '05 . But I'll tell you something . . put together a 10 minute highlight package of Benji in '05, and it will never be equalled.
He is the first player in living memory to create something totally new and unseen in our game. His step is still being copied by many, but none get it right.
Oh, hang on . . .I'm sorry, I forgot that Gaz created the "flour sieve" shaky shaky move. Now THAT was a piece of rugby league folklore. Look at everybody trying to copy that piece of crap !!

Godking dean . . . Mate, you would sell the soul of one of your worshippers for a title. Deserved, stolen, or even token .

And now seriously, you blokes must be praying that Bennet will be your saviour. It will be interesting to see the shift in attitude in '09.
Was Browny THAT bad ???

Yeah right. And the minute Benji gets the right offer from France he'll be off too...

In the mean time keep that complete footballer out on the wing in defence where he belongs.

One fluke half-a-season doesn't make a great player. Or a great team for that matter. 05 will go down as the Bradbury premiership. Everyone else fell over and the Tigers were left standing and in shock. They still haven't gotten over it!

Come back and talk to us after your mob linch Sheens at the end of another dud season next year.....

The Preacher

First Grade
I read a joke in the Daily Tele today........Q. What do you call 17 blokes sitting around the television watching the GF ?? ........A. Cronulla Sharks :lol:

Jasdragon

Juniors
Jasdragon,

Was Browny THAT bad ???

Marshall got that step off K.Hunt he didn't invent it, plus what has it got him after 05 NOTHING but INJURIES (plus it's so predicable), Benji Marshall is a glorified touch footy player! The reason you won 2005 was Prince, then you guys f**ked him off :crazy: and kept the most overrated player in league instead! :lol:

Gaz is gone and I'm glad :) players like him and Barrett is what has been killing the Dragons over the last 5 years or so, they are both overrated and very inconstant, 1 good game in 5 most of the time and the good game came in origin or for Aust.

The sooner you follow our lead and f**k that touch footy player off the better the Tigers will be. Actually keep him cause I love watching the tigers start the season well, get talked up, then when the good sides hit there straps lose heaps in a row and miss the finals :lol:.

sting

Bench
Jasdragon,

Was Browny THAT bad ???

yeh that sharks joke from the tele is good. very versatile... eg.

what do you call 17 blokes sitting round watching the first round of the finals every year? the wests tigers

Jasdragon

Juniors
You gotta love the front page of the leader today, with the scum crying all over it :lol:! I can believe they go on so much about there sh*thouse supporters, they are the worst supporters in League and there is f**k all of them :). Actually come to think of it that's prob why they have to suck up too them so bad, because if they don't no one would support that scum club!

The Rosco

Bench
Jasdragon,
Not that it matters greatly, but harmichael copied it from Benji. Benji did it on his debut. 2 weeks later, harmichael suddenly started doing it.
You are right about Prince. He ran the show for us.
The only people fully qualified to talk about over-rated players in their team are you saints supporters. At least we have only got 1 or 2 over-rateds in our side.

Sting . . . you had all that time to think of something funny, and THAT was the best you could do ?? !!
The only successful joint-venture team, the Weststigers, have a team of no-names and recently have failed to achieve success.
The St.george/Illawarra team have had internationals, S.O.O players,and "superstars" all over the field, and have failed to achieve success.

The only difference ??? well, you know. The picture that has those 17 Weststigers players huddled around some trophy looking thing. . . .

Ahem...
Your team of "no-names" included:

Scott Prince - State of Origin /Aust international
Brett Hodgson - State of Origin
Benji Marshall - NZ international
Dene Halatau - NZ international
Paul Whaturia - NZ international

That's five of what you call "superstars" off the top of my head....

So what is your point????

Latest posts