What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price - 5 game test

Dragonboyd

Juniors
The NRL doesn't give two shits. It's up to us to shake things up with some new staff, and it's never going to happen.

dragonreddy

Juniors
Just on Walters his playing career was pretty good pretty much been there and done it all, im certainly no fan of his as i dislike broncos with a passion ,but he would be hungry for success he actually pulled the plug from Melbourne because he thought that would increase his chance of getting a head coach role ,im pretty sure Bellamy wanted him to stay, he might also be able to hire his brother (Steve) to coach our hookers.The Melbourne players all speak highly of him apparently.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Just on Walters his playing career was pretty good pretty much been there and done it all, im certainly no fan of his as i dislike broncos with a passion ,but he would be hungry for success he actually pulled the plug from Melbourne because he thought that would increase his chance of getting a head coach role ,im pretty sure Bellamy wanted him to stay, he might also be able to hire his brother (Steve) to coach our hookers.The Melbourne players all speak highly of him apparently.

He is certainly a candidate. He has the pedigree and has served under the best coaches in the game in Bennett and Bellamy. But he is a broncos legend and could you really hear his name associated with the saints? If he wants a head coaching gig though, he is well worth a look.

blacksafake

First Grade
Would take him in a heartbeat especially ahead of price.I think he has the makings of a good coach.Was a smart player, mentally tough & played as well as assisted under some great coaches.He also has a relaxed/casual attitude which i think helps a team environment just look at what Lehman has done to our cricketers.

dragonreddy

Juniors
del was a broncos legend yet look at the passion he has for the red v now.

Yep good point it would be a good icebreaker having Dell around for Walters as well , I just reckon the players will respond better to a bloke thats won premierships played origin and for Australia ,it definately makes a difference though i know it isnt a must have to be asuccessful coach but is a big help ,Bellamy wouldnt have kept him on board if he was a dill.

chillwinston

Juniors
The only thing I like about this is if we get poor TV ratings = hardly any Channel 9 games, which means more Live games on Fox Sports! I hate Channel 9 coverage so its a win for me...

TruSaint

Referee
chill, thats already been taken care of with our performance last year.
we have plenty of saturday games, 5.30's etc.
but i get your point.

chillwinston

Juniors
chill, thats already been taken care of with our performance last year.
we have plenty of saturday games, 5.30's etc.
but i get your point.

I'd happily take any time Saturday games compared to the 2nd Friday night games and Sunday afternoon Ch9 games.

TruSaint

Referee
I'd happily take any time Saturday games compared to the 2nd Friday night games and Sunday afternoon Ch9 games.

Agree totally, but not when they are at our "real" home grounds, with 9-11k there.

All the more reason for Dousty to move all our games to SFS / ANZ / SCG.
I can hear it now..... " well our home average at both Win's were down, so commercially.... bla bla bla ".

BTW, Sunday arvo games (unless im at the game ), make me ill.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The only thing I like about this is if we get poor TV ratings = hardly any Channel 9 games, which means more Live games on Fox Sports! I hate Channel 9 coverage so its a win for me...
Being forced to pay to watch RL on TV is not a positive outcome.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The NRL doesn't give two shits. It's up to us to shake things up with some new staff
Agree 100%.

I'd like to think that 2010Dragons is taking the piss... and snared at least one troll in the honey pot. lol.
Dragonboyd said:
and it's never going to happen.
Well it has happened before. And I'm still holding out hope for a shaking of the foundations in the near future.