What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price of hot chips at Canberra Stadium

Copa

Bench
Damn....Hot chips cost a fortune .......... those potatoes must be bloody hand raised. .... they are nice though.

I won't even think about the "fancier" food... I'd need a bank loan to pay for it.

[end minor rant]

paulquinn49

Bench
Theres no need to buy food at a game imo, just have something before you go. Alcohol would keep you warmer in Canberra than food.

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
If you don't have something to eat before you go you're going to end up paying for food at the footy no matter what the price is. That's the way it works..

Loz

Juniors
I don't even know if you could class what they sell at the stadium as food....

skeepe

Immortal
Loz said:
I don't even know if you could class what they sell at the stadium as food....

If it doesn't move for 5 seconds, it's food. That seems to be the Eurest attitude.

$3.80 for water is where I draw the line.

Raider Ultra

Bench
I stopped buying beer there when I paid 3 quid for a warm 300ml bottle of 1664, and the less said about food the better, just load up at the Wetherspoons at Norwood Junction beforehand :D Those at Bruce should be greatful.

woodgers

Bench
The hot roast beef and gravy roll is where it is at ;-) . I think it is about 6 bucks.

You lot could always do like myself and Bay72, head to the Jamison Inn for a few cheap beers and grab a feed there. Everything I have ever ordered there has been bloody good and not expensive for what you get. If we have a Sunday arvo game, get down there for a big breakfast...now that is top nosh to fill you up before trekking off to watch PL.

SamBackosHead

Juniors
The Asian bloke in front of the TAB cook up a good noodle feed, although he did burn mine once (must have been distracted by the footy). Thank goodness he was kind enough to fry up another batch in his wok Is probably the best value food at Canberra Stadium imho.

greeneyed

First Grade
Raider Ultra said:
I stopped buying beer there when I paid 3 quid for a warm 300ml bottle of 1664, and the less said about food the better, just load up at the Wetherspoons at Norwood Junction beforehand :D Those at Bruce should be greatful.

Serves you right for buying crap French beer.

woodgers

Bench
I'm telling you guys, go the Big Breakfast at the Jamison Inn 5 minutes drive from the ground. This is about $12 (I actually Googled the Dek Hotel and some food critic had eaten there and took a picture of the food!)
dekfood.jpg

woodgers

Bench
Comments from the critic:
We decided to pass on the “Big Breakfast” and settle for the smaller “Dek Breakfast” with a coffee and orange juice each. As you can see the “smaller” Dek Breakfast is still a substantial thing.
The one in the picture is under $10 then. Also:

I’ve paid an awful lot more for a breakfast not half as good.

In short, if you do find yourself waking up in South-Eastern Belconnen, then this is a pretty good option for breakfast at this money. Breakfast is served from 0800.

You will usually get to see some Raiders Army guys up there so head over for a chat and introduce yourself. Plenty of Beers on tap too, $3.30 a schooner or $3.60 (I think) for the James Squire ones. Why would you pay so much for some hot chips at the footy when you can order beer battered chips here for the same price?

No, I don't own this place....but my mate does!