What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PRICE TO BE SACKED ,McGregor IN

BrissyRedV

Bench
As I said, Price gets sacked and we get Mary as head coach. We are f**ked. Let's just hope he does not end up head coach for next season as well

st.phil

Bench
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/2306649/steve-price-to-be-sacked-by-dragons/?cs=302

St George Illawarra coach Steve Price is set to be sacked by the Dragons.

Former Dragons captain Paul McGregor will take over the position until at least the end of the season.
Price has been under considerable pressure in recent weeks after the Dragons slumped to six losses in their past seven games.

He had a contract until the end of this season with the club having an option on his services for next year.
McGregor is in camp with the NSW side at the moment.

MCGREGOR NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! MORONS

sethman75

Juniors
Let's be honest, Mary can't possibly do a worse job than the chinless wonder.

At least Mary played at the highest level.

This season is a write off now anyway due to the incompetance of the board in waiting this long to sack Price, we may as well see what Mary can do in the big boys chair.

Rob Dragon

Juniors
Wonderful news! The insanity has ended!!!!

As for McGregor I agree with Sethman 75, he cannot be worse then Price. I do believe that the club will undertake a proper recruitment process going forward in terms of the coaching.

hazzbeen

Bench
Let's be honest, Mary can't possibly do a worse job than the chinless wonder.

At least Mary played at the highest level.

This season is a write off now anyway due to the incompetance of the board in waiting this long to sack Price, we may as well see what Mary can do in the big boys chair.

Mary no thanks isnt he the attacking coach for the team ? if so he should be sacked aslo along with Young........

Cagey Mac

Bench
So I heard in November "from a reliable source" that Price had 6 games in '14 to show what he could do and if unsuccessful that Mary was going take over.
It appears that the good early start bought Price a few more games but the inevitable has happened and we'll see how Mary goes.

Drop Bear

Juniors
WOW thought he was untouchable, can't help but feel happy about this.
Merrin's comment about being mates tells us something of the inner workings.
So let's get on with it and move on.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
Poor MANAGEMENT decision BEGAT Poor MANAGEMENT decision.

We must be the laughing stock of the NRL - right across the board.
Speaking of which... HMMMM

That scene in Flying High when the woman looses it and she gets a slap across the face, then the camera pans back and there is a line of people with "HELP" wanting a piece of the action.
Doust has long since lost it - Sit him down in the middle of Kogarah - image the line and the "HELP" it would run all the way to the gong - and back!

blacksafake

First Grade
Well i guess this is what we have all been waiting for with the exception of Mary taking over.As mentioned Merrins comment about him being a mate probably said it all.As a coach you have to drawer a line in the sand at some stage & poor Pricey has not done this which has lead to his demise.Now the quandry we all wan't the team to win games & if they do does it then give Doust the option of giving Mary the gig full time or has a decision already been made re Henry(god i hope so).

DRAGONSNZ

Bench
Great News, but tell me how the F is Neil Henry already the favourite? surely they have to look at all options? why is there a favourite when he only left the job today?

N Henry
L Daley
K Walters
W Bennett
B McClennan
N Brown
I Millward

I would be happy if anyone of the guys in Red got the job, we don't need a structure coach we need a MONGREL coach with a bit of passion and fire. Guys in Red are perfect.

dragonreddy

Juniors
Well i guess this is what we have all been waiting for with the exception of Mary taking over.As mentioned Merrins comment about him being a mate probably said it all.As a coach you have to drawer a line in the sand at some stage & poor Pricey has not done this which has lead to his demise.Now the quandry we all wan't the team to win games & if they do does it then give Doust the option of giving Mary the gig full time or has a decision already been made re Henry(god i hope so).

Couldnt have put it better myself. At least now we have some hope which is more than we had yesterday. If we start to win games under Mary it would certainly be better than watching the side slide further down under PRICE.The clubs official statement says they are looking for a coach for next year so i guess we take that as an external appointment, on a personal scale i am more optimistic now that PRICE has been punted than at any time since 2011.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Lets all get behind Mary. He has not been head coach of the Dragons yet so he will need some time and therefore will require as much support as possible. You never know he may suprise us.

At least the club has made some change and has not completely written off the season. If Mary can get the Saints into the top 8, first time in 2 years then he should be credited. If not he will be replaced.

Does this mean they have an extra spot in the coaching rankd for an assistant to Mary? If so Mary may bring in a person to coach the forwards or help him out. He should possibly look at Dymock as an assistant or move Millward up and get D.YOung or Hornby to coach the NSW cup team.