What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PRICE TO BE SACKED ,McGregor IN

gregstar

Referee
jowls was the conditioner under browneye.

most of the talent got injured under his watch.

they must be preparing for next year with this in mind - relax for '14. fresh for '15.

great plan douche.

Does not attacking structures include what the pigs are doing? Attack does not just include what is happening inside the opposition 20.
I take on board you thoughts, but you can't tell me if we had the Bulldogs pack and our current backline, we would still be sitting 13th.

BrissyRedV

Bench
I take on board you thoughts, but you can't tell me if we had the Bulldogs pack and our current backline, we would still be sitting 13th.

No of course not, but price would probably not have been sacked either. It just highlights the lack of foresight shown by our management and recruitment in sorting out our forward pack.

Happy to end the price era, however I fear we will not improve under Mary as he is part of the problem and his appointment may only prolong the pain if Doust in his infinite wisdom appoints him next season as well.

No of course not, but price would probably not have been sacked either. It just highlights the lack of foresight shown by our management and recruitment in sorting out our forward pack.

Happy to end the price era, however I fear we will not improve under Mary as he is part of the problem and his appointment may only prolong the pain if Doust in his infinite wisdom appoints him next season as well.
Totally agree with you. The only snag in this highly unlikely senario as I have posted elsewere is, what happens if McGregor is highly successfull in the remaining games

BrissyRedV

Bench
Totally agree with you. The only snag in this highly unlikely senario as I have posted elsewere is, what happens if McGregor is highly successfull in the remaining games

Then kudos to him and he will have proven my opinion of his coaching ability Wrong. It will have also have proved price 100% without doubt a poor coach. I hope beyond hope that he can provide what we need but I just don't see it.

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
We should be happy that Price is gone. At least we know that there will definately be some change this year in performance whether good or bad we will find out soon and probably a new coach next season.

DUB888

Juniors
We should be happy that Price is gone. At least we know that there will definately be some change this year in performance whether good or bad we will find out soon and probably a new coach next season.

Agree Slippery , success came from outside the club structure (Bennett) and I believe they will go that way again. Hopefully announced sooner rather than later and we will see who in the team wants in or out. It will also attract some decent signings and hopefully will eliminate paying overs. I wonder if Benji new what was coming?

TonyTrugett

Juniors
Despite everything thats happened, still feel a bit sorry for Price. I had high hopes for him considering he was annointed by Bennett and to a lesser extent Phil Gould. But he was always on a hiding to nothing. Either he succeeds because of the systems that Bennett put in place ( which in hindsight was nothing) or he fails because hes not as good as Bennett.

Last edited:

DUB888

Juniors
Despite everything thats happened, still feel a bit sorry for Price. I had high hopes for him considering he was annointed by Bennett and to a lesser extent Phil Gould. But he was always on a hiding to nothing. Either he succeeds because of the systems that Bennett put in place ( which in hindsight was nothing) or he fails because hes not as good as Bennett.

OR he ignores the systems Bennett put in place and does his own thing and fails , ask Weyman and Soward.

getsmarty

Immortal
OR he ignores the systems Bennett put in place and does his own thing and fails , ask Weyman and Soward.

This...We used to have brick wall defense...under Price its paper thin..yes we have lost players BUT...there should be some structure still there.

Minh

First Grade

Yep, you just don't play games with your star players and Soward was the deadset linch pin of this team back at the time. As a coach you have to find the best of these players not the worse.......Playing favorites to the death has also led to his demise as a coach.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Should have been fired 2 years ago...Had it been done earlier, we wouldn't be in this mess now

Sort of agree...although if it was the same situation with McGregor then replacing Price we would still be in this mess and still looking for a suitable coach now.....that's how much confidence I have in McGregor.....sorry another job for the boys.......but I'm happy to be proved wrong.....at least Marys on a hiding to nothing.

Last edited: