What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pricey gone.... (Steve Price Merged thread)

Moffo

Referee
We are a passionate club

That said, I don't read rleague, and i don't consider some of the people on that site to be human, let alone dogs fans...so they didn't really enter my calculations

Cheers,
Moffo

ibeme

First Grade
He actually signed on Friday, according to Mick Watson (radio interview in NZ). Must have been hard for him to keep his mind on things with all of the speculation, and false hope from the fans. Also explains why he apparently shed a few tears at the after match function on Saturday night. All the effort made by the supporters - making banners etc - might have made him regret his decision, even if only for a minute.

drake

First Grade
It was interesting hearing a AFL reporter talking on 2sm last night. He said if a player down there were to announce he intended to go elsewhere halfway through the season, the fans would tear them apart. Player would have to leave the country. No farewell lap, that's for retirees. Traitors must die!!!
And they say us league fans are thugs.
AFL players seem really confused how it works, how you can play for one team, but have your future elsewhere, it does seem to be a bit ridiculous. If I announced to my boss that I was going to work for a rival company at the end of the year, I would be locked away from anything that could give the competition an advantage, and I certainly wouldn't be allowed to do my current role.

JK

No one should bag his talent - he is in career best form - but I am so disappointed in him right now.

Iafeta

Referee
JK said:
No one should bag his talent - he is in career best form - but I am so disappointed in him right now.

You are confusing the issue badly here. How can you be disappointed in a man who just gave you 11-12 seasons of nothing but sheer committment, blood, toil and most sadly tears?

The guy said the move is for his family etc, infact he told Mick Watson the financial terms were not the be all and end all and infact the deal with the Warriors is not that much different financially than with the Bulldogs upgraded deal. Do you ever stop to think that maybe his kids may have been getting abuse at school about all the controversies he continually stood up for - he continually stood up for fans like you to save face for the fan, and you are disappointed in him for now possibly standing up for his family?

The man's decision was for lifestyle and family reasons; maybe he doesn't want to be associated with the same controversies anymore? Maybe he just wants to get his family out of the Bulldogs limelight and have them grow up in a beautiful, peaceful serene country? And maybe a very few minute percentage of fans who are "disappointed" in him need to evaluate what they are truly disappointed in; the club for not giving him the support outside of football he needed to insure his families happiness, or yourself for making petty one eyed comments like that that p!ss on everything he's done for your club.

Pull yourself together.

Moffo

Referee
Iafeta said:
JK said:

You are confusing the issue badly here. How can you be disappointed in a man who just gave you 11-12 seasons of nothing but sheer committment, blood, toil and most sadly tears?

The guy said the move is for his family etc, infact he told Mick Watson the financial terms were not the be all and end all and infact the deal with the Warriors is not that much different financially than with the Bulldogs upgraded deal. Do you ever stop to think that maybe his kids may have been getting abuse at school about all the controversies he continually stood up for - he continually stood up for fans like you to save face for the fan, and you are disappointed in him for now possibly standing up for his family?

The man's decision was for lifestyle and family reasons; maybe he doesn't want to be associated with the same controversies anymore? Maybe he just wants to get his family out of the Bulldogs limelight and have them grow up in a beautiful, peaceful serene country? And maybe a very few minute percentage of fans who are "disappointed" in him need to evaluate what they are truly disappointed in; the club for not giving him the support outside of football he needed to insure his families happiness, or yourself for making petty one eyed comments like that that p!ss on everything he's done for your club.

Pull yourself together.

Why is he being petty? You would have no idea how much me meant to our club unless you were a bulldogs fan. He had links to the old guard such as Terry Lamb and Bullfrog, he was the face of one of the biggest clubs in Sydney

Dont kid yourself into thinking that we are going to be all merry about losing him

Iafeta

Referee
Moffo said:
Iafeta said:
JK said:

Pull yourself together.

Why is he being petty? You would have no idea how much me meant to our club unless you were a bulldogs fan. He had links to the old guard such as Terry Lamb and Bullfrog, he was the face of one of the biggest clubs in Sydney

Dont kid yourself into thinking that we are going to be all merry about losing him

No one is - but a lot of your fans need to learn a heck of a lot of respect and how to pay him back for it. Its not just scattered amongst this thread, its here, its in the Bulldogs forum, its in the kennel, its everywhere - as I 've some countless times (which seemingly you just can't help but ignore) its only a small percentage of fans, but those small percentage of fans have said some bitter things that if I were a player would make it acres times easier to leave. Stripping him of the captaincy. Pffft. Drop him to premier league. Pffft. The Bulldogs owe him nothing, no loyalty to be repaid, drop him. Pffft. "I'm going to boo him at every game". Pffft.

Where did Terry Lamb coach again? Oh thats right. Bulldogs didn't show him loyalty by giving him a job did they? Loyalty is a two way street, it comes and goes. You respect those who show it to you for 11-12 years, you don't disrespect their decision on it, you just respect it. Thats what loyalty is.

Oh, and as for all the rubbish that its all about the money, its reported he told Mick Watson the deal was not that much more than what the Bulldogs could muster. Get the drift. He probably wanted a change away from all the rubbish his family has probably got over the past 3-4 years over his proud, and stoic defence of a club that has tainted itself.

As I've said in most posts on the issue, please don't take that out of context either, its only a small minute percentage of fans, but the strength in their convictions is rather damning.

ibeme

First Grade
Iafeta said:
Where did Terry Lamb coach again? Oh thats right. Bulldogs didn't show him loyalty by giving him a job did they? Loyalty is a two way street, it comes and goes. You respect those who show it to you for 11-12 years, you don't disrespect their decision on it, you just respect it. Thats what loyalty is.

Ummm... yes they did. He coached Jersey Flegg at the Bulldogs after he retired as a player. Tigers offered him a first grade coaching job, which he took. What did you expect the Bulldogs to do? Sack Folkes to keep him? Now, after his short tenure at the Tigers, Terry Lamb is back at the Bulldogs, on the board. That's loyalty.

Moffo

Referee
Oh, I could imagine which sort of people are saying the things above without even looking. Question is, how can you even attempt to take them seriously? They are A grade twats and I think its irrelevant to even mention what they say in this discussion

Look, good on Pricey, he did what he wanted. Im not slagging him for that. But of course im going to feel let down that he has left

Cheers,
Moffo

Iafeta

Referee
ibeme said:
Iafeta said:

Ummm... yes they did. He coached Jersey Flegg at the Bulldogs after he retired as a player. Tigers offered him a first grade coaching job, which he took. What did you expect the Bulldogs to do? Sack Folkes to keep him? Now, after his short tenure at the Tigers, Terry Lamb is back at the Bulldogs, on the board. That's loyalty.

Steve Price was offered a chance to live in Aoteroa - what do you expect him to do :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iafeta

Referee
Moffo said:
Oh, I could imagine which sort of people are saying the things above without even looking. Question is, how can you even attempt to take them seriously? They are A grade twats and I think its irrelevant to even mention what they say in this discussion

Look, good on Pricey, he did what he wanted. Im not slagging him for that. But of course im going to feel let down that he has left

Cheers,
Moffo

They probably are - but we Kiwis get very defensive our OUR legends like Pricey :lol: :lol: :lol: Only toying with you, Pricey is a Bulldogs legend through and through.