What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pride, honour, passion

eels4lyf

we got bashed

battered

bruised

demolished

pulverised

etc etc etc

but in my 20 years of living i have never been more proud of this team.

i'll leave it at that!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eels4lyf said:
we got bashed

battered

bruised

demolished

pulverised

etc etc etc

i'll leave it at that!

:clap:

sportsmad

Juniors
would question the use of demolish, i thought we stood up pretty good against one of the most physical sides in the NRL.
Fui gave it back to them too.

but yes, an excellent effort topped of by a win, and another game next week

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We we're tough as, special mentions to young Hayne and INU. They tried to bash the crap out of them but they stood up to the onslaught.

Sean7

Juniors
I've been pretty critical of our forwards, but that was the the most finals-like performance I've seen from them in a long time. Certainly better than any Brian Smith era fowards performance.

It gave me renewed confidence in our ability to go all the way.

The Tank

Bench
As a Panthers supporter I want to congratulate the Eels for that performance. It's all been said in this thread already but what an amazing, gutsy effort by your team. You all should be proud and good luck for rest of the finals.

Eelectrica

Referee
Thank god it was on Friday too. We'll need the extra day to get over the bumps. But wins like that build a tonne of confidence.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I thought the quality by both sides was poor but I applaud the way our forwards withstood the onslaught by that mob, that game could be a watershead moment in the clubs history.

MrT

Juniors
We finally grinded one out aginst good opposition, OK Warriors weren't flash but they threw their bodies at us and we withstood it all.
For those that said the Brisbane victory mean't nothing, have another look. We take a lot out of the last 2 games, the biggest being confidence. We have enough natural talent to do anything on the field, if we can defend like that we give ourselves a real chance in every game

sportive cupid

Referee
eels4lyf said:
we got bashed

battered

bruised

demolished

pulverised

etc etc etc

i'll leave it at that!
I heard some of the Parra fans at the game copped similar

strider

Post Whore
i reckon it was probably one of the best parra wins i have ever seen .... it was all stacked against them and they got home ... to defend 6 or 7 sets of six on your goalline in todays game is just incredible

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
i reckon it was probably one of the best parra wins i have ever seen .... it was all stacked against them and they got home ... to defend 6 or 7 sets of six on your goalline in todays game is just incredible

I can't remember Price or Wiki having a dig close to the line their strike rate is normally very good in that situation.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
The roughest and toughest game we've seen this year.

It should hold them in good stead for the next 3 weeks.

Hindy mentioned the warriors and dogs would be the hardest teams to beat. That's one out of the way.

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
Hindy mentioned the warriors and dogs would be the hardest teams to beat. That's one out of the way.

if 2005 has anything to go by, we may not be finished with the Warriors just yet.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Well done Eels, that wasn't a great game but it was tough as. You soaked up all we had and got the win.

A friend of mine that died a few years ago now along with her sister over seas would have proud as hell of her team so her behalf i offer my congratulations.

We might play each other again yet later in the series ;)