What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prior Conviction

Godz Illa

Coach
Bumper_car.gif

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
He was down on form last year. Its done and dusted and the results weren't his fault.

I'm backing him to come good.

hardbaby

Coach
Matt Prior selected in starting line up. I tell you guys. Think of the sickest thing you have ever seen and multiply it by infinity. That's how sick Prior's season is going to be.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Matt Prior selected in starting line up. I tell you guys. Think of the sickest thing you have ever seen and multiply it by infinity. That's how sick Prior's season is going to be.

Prior can't be worse than Tubgirl, surely?

St_Jubbsy

Staff member
Ton of potential.

Haha....

Now there's our problem right there. We'll hang on to players until they are 32 hoping one day they live up to their "potential".

Look.. The guy is an average player. Mainly because he offers little. He goes through the motions.
If he can add something to his game he'll have a chance. But I'm yet to see what he offers or te potential he supposedly shows (in case you hadn't noticed).

Still I'll be cheering him on like all the other players. He still wears the red v.
Until he drops the ball In the wrestle on our 22m line.

I'd accept the opinion of Bennett, who obviously rated him, before that of a muppet like you.

When you get shifted from SR, Lock, Centre and then Front Row what happens any contiunity you might try and have disappears.

If he is kept in the one spot for the entire season he'll do just fine.

hardbaby

Coach
Exactly. Versatility, as often as not, proves to be a liability in rugby league. You are so busy plugging holes that you never get the chance to actually make your own spot. But when you finally settle down and it all comes together...that's a handy player to have.

Breathingfire

Juniors
totally agree - Prior will have a massive year and culminate in rep honours!!! hes bulked up, awkward to defend and has 2nd phase play in him...i think the shit is out of his game this year...i believe he was under pressure w Bennett to be creative (Cutbo on the bench) which made him incur a multitude of unforced errors...he will keep Dean young on the bench all year....our backrow Creagh/Scott/Prior plus Debellin/Young off bench is amazing!!!! best in the league

You are easily my favourite poster on the forum now!!! I love the enthusiasm and the outlandish nature of your posts. I rekon you might be a troll but I hope you stick around.

Minh

First Grade
When you get shifted from SR, Lock, Centre and then Front Row what happens any contiunity you might try and have disappears.

If he is kept in the one spot for the entire season he'll do just fine.

Yep even the great Nightingale's form suffered in 2009 when he was shifted all over the park in a different position each week to accomodate Big Dell on the wing.

Breathingfire

Juniors
Prior to 2010 he was playing wide on the fringes and was very effective. If I was Price I would be running him down the right corridor where his size and speed (for a big man) can be better utilized. I rate him but no one on this forum can honestly deny that he does not have ball control issues. I think Minh raised a good point though; he did come good for us towards the back end of 2010 when we needed him, so for that I am grateful. I think he will have a good year! At least he better! or look out for a sign on the hill that says "f**k off Prior you shit merkin"...

Minh

First Grade
Prior to 2010 he was playing wide on the fringes and was very effective. If I was Price I would be running him down the right corridor where his size and speed (for a big man) can be better utilized. I rate him but no one on this forum can honestly deny that he does not have ball control issues. I think Minh raised a good point though; he did come good for us towards the back end of 2010 when we needed him, so for that I am grateful. I think he will have a good year! At least he better! or look out for a sign on the hill that says "f**k off Prior you shit merkin"...

He is a good player, was just pretty out of sorts in 2011 but many good players have off seasons too let's hope that's the case.

hardbaby

Coach
You are easily my favourite poster on the forum now!!! I love the enthusiasm and the outlandish nature of your posts. I rekon you might be a troll but I hope you stick around.

Actually I reckon Mickeylane ain't no troll. I hope not. He's great. He's like a happy version of Bring Big Choc.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Sorry, "Bring Back Choc"

I'm a very happy guy!!!

Just a realist.

Theres occasionally a little too much tunnel vision on here.
Good to have some balance to the argument.

That's what Wayne Bennett brought to the club.
Do people forget this? There was way too much boys club and hangers on. Too many poor decisions based on who are juniors and who are mates. I find it funny that the penny still hasn't dropped for most people on here.

Minh

First Grade
I'm a very happy guy!!!

Just a realist.

Do people forget this? There was way too much boys club and hangers on. Too many poor decisions based on who are juniors and who are mates. I find it funny that the penny still hasn't dropped for most people on here.

Prior to Bennett arriving here it wasnt as though we werent competitive, 1985, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1999 we made the GF in all these years and we were very competitve in almost the whole of the 2000's. Our player policies are not so bad considering we have come up against proven salary cap cheats in the Bulldogs and the Storm and who knows how many others.

Imagine how many years these teams were cheating before they were even caught out I am certain that had Melbourne not rorted the cap we would have won the comp in the mid to late 2000's when it was evident that they were the only team we could not beat in the finals. There could be no guarantee that if Melbourne were allowed to continue cheating that we would have won in 2010.

We also lost a few juniors along the way that if we had been able to keep would of made us a very powerful club indeed most notable in recent years are Gordan Tallis, Glen and Brett Stewart, Josh Morris, Amos Roberts and Luke Patten.

Signing marquee players I dont see anything wrong with that, it is actually quite good to get some talent from outside especially if we dont have the means from within but to say that we were a total failure retaining our juniors is selling our players short for the most part they have been very good.

St_Jubbsy

Staff member
I'm a very happy guy!!!

Just a realist.

See the irony?