What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prior Gone...

Elias1983

Coach
St George Illawarra Dragons utility Matt Prior admits he will cherish his final opportunity to don the famous Red V jersey against the New Zealand Warriors at WIN Stadium, Wollongong on Saturday.

The Thirroul Butchers junior is expected to make his 120th and final first-grade appearance for the Dragons before preparing for the next chapter in his rugby league career.

Prior, 26, made his debut for the Dragons in the fifth round of the 2008 campaign against the North Queensland Warriors at WIN Stadium, Wollongong and has notched eight tries to date.

The local junior has won both a Premiership (2010) and World Club Challenge (2011) as well as earning selection to the NSW Country Origin squad (2011).

“It will be a strange feeling representing the team knowing it will be the last time doing that wearing the Red V jersey,” said Prior.
“The Club has provided me with so many great memories over the years with the most notable being the Premiership victory in 2010 – that’s something I’ll always remember.

“I’ve met some great friends here and I want to finish the season on a high being on the field with all of them.

“There are several different pathways that lie ahead for me for next season but at the moment it’s all about making sure we try our hardest on the field against the Warriors.

“We’ve had a good record playing down here against them in the past but know they’ll be raring to give it their all and try and cement a spot in the finals.”

http://www.dragons.com.au/news-display/Prior-Ill-Always-Cherish-Red-V/83844

Godz Illa

Coach
Glad it has been confirmed so he gets a send-off with the other 2010 legends. He played an important role in that grand final. All the best to him

Elias1983

Coach
Someone will pick him up...

Most likely Melbourne at a bargain and Bellamy will turn him into a machine.

Twenty10

Juniors
Finally. A few years too long.

Don't shoot me down. I'm entitled to my opinion. He's been massively over rated and massively under achieved.

hermidale1

Juniors
I'm dissapointed he's leaving. Would top the tackle count or would be one of the top. He didn't have agreat year last season, but with family tragedy, I can fully understand. Sorry to see you go Prior.

Saint69

Juniors
I for 1 will be sorry to see him go, only 26 and 120 games plus he wouldn't be on huge dollars and who are we replacing him with?

TruSaint

Referee
Any player that wore the RED V, gave his all, was part of breaking a 30 plus year drought deserves our appreciation. Like many here i was at times critical of his performance, that doesnt matter.

He was moved from a centre, to second row, to prop.

He won a title.

We have freedom of speech, so i am not hear to tell anyone wha to say or do.

Thank you Matt, thank you Nathan, and thank you Horse.

May you all have great futures.

TSaint

saint06

Juniors
An absolute disgrace.

I simply don't understand the logic.

Hope he signs for Melbourne and kills it.

Good luck Matty - what a champ.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Any player that wore the RED V, gave his all, was part of breaking a 30 plus year drought deserves our appreciation. Like many here i was at times critical of his performance, that doesnt matter.

He was moved from a centre, to second row, to prop.

He won a title.

We have freedom of speech, so i am not hear to tell anyone wha to say or do.

Thank you Matt, thank you Nathan, and thank you Horse.

May you all have great futures.

TSaint

Hear hear to you sentiments but I'd also like to add "Thank you Mr Price for your valuable contribution as assistant coach in 2010. Good bye and good luck!

TruSaint

Referee
Hear hear to you sentiments but I'd also like to add "Thank you Mr Price for your valuable contribution as assistant coach in 2010. Good bye and good luck!

Great point Cagey and you are right.
We have a lot of fun on the forum, sarcasm etc, but these guys have a pulse too.
Well said mate

Another crap decision by the club keep some one like Harrison who dead set is the biggest waste of money the Dragons have ever spent and let go a guy has been crucified by bad coaching.

Good luck Matt hope you get more respect that some of the wankers in this forum.