What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pritchard hit on Graham - Should be be outed?

Pig Champion

Juniors
Great shot if his shoulder connected with Graham below shoulder level. I think some of these hits have some degree of intent. There was one in the Warriors/Knights game too and plenty of others I've seen.

There is a reason kids are told to use their shoulder to tackle. It hits, it hurts, it doesn't get bounced off like an arm. Some of these big blokes are barely dropping their shoulder knowing that a high hit with a shoulder will often be perceived exactly how many in this thread see it.

Last edited:

ironhorse

Juniors
Soft . Just a good hit ,i mean so much worse has been let go over the years ....Slater and Haynes cheap shots especially on try scorers ,thurston kicking in the head etc etc . NRL judiciary done nothing in all those cases,how could they bother buggerising around with pritchards hit ? I suppose thats the inconsistency everyone here knows though so he'll probably get 2 weeks.

Mr Fourex

Bench
If Gallen did it you would be calling it a grub hit.

Hypocrite.

It's not like Pritchard was stomping on the guy......moron.

It was a good shot. As I said earlier, all shoulder

If Gallen had of done it

there would have been forearm

or elbow.

Mr Fourex

Bench
yeah .. to the head & as as reult theres plenty wrong with it

its illegal .. a suspension every day of the year :?
seriously what the hell is wrong with people :roll:

Yes.......so just what is wrong with you?

It might have hit him high, but it wasn't a high shot .....per se

Frankly if the MRC suspended him after letting Gallen off for stomping, it would have been an outrage.

Spot On

Coach
XXXX,

You were going so well mate.

Don't get drawn into a slanging match

that will require you to defend

the Great Gal.

Let it go, let it go.

Since a few years ago, it is totally irrelevant whether it's shoulder, elbow, fist, knee or foot. He recklessly hit the bloke's head. It may not have been malicious, hard to tell, but it was definitely reckless.

Controlled aggression means you try not to injure or hurt your opponent, you just want to stop him and possibly dislodge the ball.

Red Bear

Referee
Joke, might've been all shoulder but it was straight in the f**king nose.

A shoulder doesnt excuse a shit challenge, in fact by it's very nature it's a 'reckless' play. If it comes off it's a good hit, but when you arent looking at the play as you charge your shoulder at the opposition players body and smash into his face, well you deserve any consequences that come your way.

ironhorse

Juniors
???... the tackle was still charged as a grade 2 reckless which fair and exactly what your saying it was ? Why is it a joke if he has been charged for exactly what it was by your own definition ?

I would have given him nothing for it btw .

MatthewA

Juniors
Yes, big hits are definitely worthy of weeks off........ God.

Everone keeps calling it a tackle...isn't that when you actually are trying to tackle with your arms? call it like it is, it was a shoulder charge ...imo, he wasn't trying to tackle at all & that in itself is reckless with little regard for the player on the receiving end. I think it's not about being soft - it was a deliberate act to hurt, not hard play
So are you saying that big hits/shoulder charges should be outlawed? That's pretty much what you're saying.

dogslife

Coach
it was actually a grade 2 careless, and since frank has no carry over points he's free to play this weekend. Fair result considering gallen was exonerated from booting a bloke in the face

Red Bear

Referee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UyomR0NuKw
That's a big hit, and absolutely fine.

Going straight into a blokes nose with your shoulder is f**king dangerous, however, a risk taken when going in for a shoulder charge but worthy of a week or two off. NRL has a fairly disgraceful record with head injuries and concussions as it is, and Pritchard getting downgraded for a horrendous tackle just adds to that.

Didgi

Yes, big hits are definitely worthy of weeks off........ God.

So are you saying that big hits/shoulder charges should be outlawed? That's pretty much what you're saying.

You're asking him what he's saying then telling him what he's saying? :crazy:

Doga

Juniors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UyomR0NuKw
That's a big hit, and absolutely fine.

Going straight into a blokes nose with your shoulder is f**king dangerous, however, a risk taken when going in for a shoulder charge but worthy of a week or two off. NRL has a fairly disgraceful record with head injuries and concussions as it is, and Pritchard getting downgraded for a horrendous tackle just adds to that.
You mean like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ILh-w5LPYo