What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pritchard hit on Graham - Should be be outed?

Fibroman

First Grade
Accidental contact. Nothing wrong with the hit. Little half backs need to think twice before charging at full pace into big forwards.

Stinkler

Juniors
If Pritchard believed he was not guilty, as he said after the hearing, why did he plead guilty to a downgraded charge?

Dumb footballer or dumb system?

betcats

Referee
Nah i saw it, the mrs is a doggies fan so i see my fair share of Frank Pritchard.

I do find it funny though that when i mention him not aiming up to people nearer to his size you throw out a name like Dallas Johnson. Not exactly the biggest forward going around...

After years of watching Frank at Penrith i can say definately that when he decides to aim up he'll smash anyone, when he decides to aim up.

Look up his hit on Daine Laurie 2 seasons ago i think.

gUt

Coach
Was at least worthy of being cited and in light of the hysteria that surrounded cutie's hit on Anasta a few seasons ago I expected this one to go the same way. The shot was accidental, but it was high and it ultimately took Graham out of the game.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The laws regarding high tackles are in place for one sole reason, the welfare of the players.

If a player is struck in the face, irrespective of how or the intent, there should be a suspension.

Simply put, Pritchard is a lazy tackler at times and he often goes in using just his shoulder with no intent of actually 'tackling'

Much praise needs to be handed to Graham and the Sharks officials for saying it was just a good hit, furthermore, good on Graham for getting up as quickly as he did after getting hit.

I believe these alone helped Pritchard get a successful downgrade and avoid suspension.

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
Deserves a pat on the back for that shot. Was knighted and given a public holiday for his service to New Zealand when knocking Hunt out with a similar shot.

He wasn't suspended because there was no test between NZ and Australia this week.

Frailty

First Grade
it was actually a grade 2 careless, and since frank has no carry over points he's free to play this weekend. Fair result considering gallen was exonerated from booting a bloke in the face

When did this happen? Gallen did get the Titans bloke in the face at all... Perhaps you are thinking of Dugan?

Apey

Staff member
When I paused it and replayed it a few times it looked much much closer to his elbow than his shoulder.

Dr.J

Juniors
The fans might like to see big hits like this, but the NRL also now have a rule that a concussed player has to stay off for the rest of the game. If this rule is in place, you basically have to suspend any player that makes a shot at another players head and that results in him being off for the game.

It is unfair if a high shot by any means - shoulder charge or otherwise - results in NRL laws saying that the player who received the hit is banned from taking further part in the game but the player who did the hit gets off scot free. This isn't boxing.

40/20

Juniors
The game gets softer every season sadly
Thats just Asinine!
Pritchard made an illegal play that caused injury even if there is an absense of malice,Intent doesnt always have to be the critical factor
With all that we are learning about chronic head trauma its time to eliminate head shots

Fibroman

First Grade
Graham is less than 2 inches shorter than pritchard

All the more reason to suggest that if Pritchard just stodd there and hit him with his shoulder, that there was nothing wrong with the tackle.

I would imagine if a bloke roughly the same height as me ran at me, and I just lined him up with my shoulder, that he would have the common sense to throw a fend out or side step maybe?