What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pritchard Stabbed

Munky

Coach
Feb 17 - Tom Pritchard, younger brother of Frank, is in critical but stable condition in hospital as the result of a knife wound to the heart, sustained during an incident in the Liverpool area overnight.
It's understood he received four knife wounds, one to the pulmonary artery. He is in intensive care.
Frank Pritchard himself was also wounded, but not critically. He will have an operation on one hand this afternoon.
Police are investigating and it is expected that everyone involved in the incident will be charged with affray. More serious charges are expected as police continue their investigations.
Tom, who played for Penrith's SG Ball, was taking a year off football on the advice of doctors as a result of a serious neck injury last season.
It is not known how long Frank will be out of action while his hand heals.

Source: http://www.panthers.com.au/default.aspx?id=3&ArticleID=348

Whoa, hope both Pritchards come through this ok.

choc_soldier

Coach
Shocking news. Obviously Tom is of more concern, and hopefully he makes a full recovery.

I think it can be fairly assumed that Frank will not be ready for Round 1.

LESStar58

Referee
Topic is a bit misleading innit? I thought it was Franbk who got stabbed!

Regardless, I hope that his bro comes through alright!

lainey

Juniors
Panther said:
I fear some media coverage,the Sunday Smellygraph is likely to put a negative slant on this.

There will be an article on the back page of tomorrow's paper. Apparently Frank was stabbed in the thumb trying to protect his face. I got this info from a friend at the trials today and she was told by Peter Mulholland....

otag

Juniors
this is of the brawl that the pritchard's were involved in. hope they come through it ok.

Print Email Last Update: Saturday, February 17, 2007. 8:47am (AEDT)
Man stabbed in chest during Sydney brawl

A man is fighting for his life in hospital, after an overnight brawl in Sydney's south-west.

Police say they received reports of a disturbance at a street corner in Liverpool just after 3am AEDT.

Police spokesman Blake Clifton says officers sent to the scene found a man with a stab wound to his chest.

"[The man is] currently in Liverpool hospital in a critical condition," he said.

"Three other males, I believe, were taken to Liverpool hospital suffering less serious injuries.

"We arrested eleven people at the scene; they're currently at Liverpool Police Station assisting investigators.

"A canvass was conducted of the area and investigations into that brawl are continuing."

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Panther said:
I fear some media coverage,the Sunday Smellygraph is likely to put a negative slant on this.
You think there's a positive slant to a stabbing incident?

Good luck to the fellow in intensive care and his family.

Bazal

Post Whore
f**king jeez...hope that both boys pull through, especially the younger...

Panther

Juniors
By negative slant I meant they might put the blame on the footballers.Seems the go in every story involving rugby league players these days.

nqboy

First Grade
Update on Foxsports from some Telecrap worker. Seems Frank's brother-in-law's mother lives in units where some asians play karaoke all night. She called her son to ask them to turn it down, he was turned away by them, he asked Frank and Tom and two cousins to help him out and it all went south after that with knives and baseball bats being used. I think both cousins were also stabbed, one in the stomach and ane in the shoulder.