What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pritchard Stabbed

nqboy

First Grade
And someone's sister was charged with trying to drive a police car away I think. Something aobut driving her cousin to hospital, she eventually drove him there in another car.

Dave Q

Coach
Me and friends, we felt pretty bad when we heard the news.

Terrible, tragic and sad news.

Good luck to the Pritchard lads, especially the young bloke fighting for his life.

We also wish Frank the best of recoveries.

mullet

Juniors
well my ex works in operating theatres at livo hospital and i have no doubts would have been there scrubbed up ready for the trauma as it arrived and my current bf is a copper @ livo station, i'll try see what info i can get...

lockyrulz

Juniors
Panther said:
I fear some media coverage,the Sunday Smellygraph is likely to put a negative slant on this.

Um yeah probably will.

I mean those 'biased' meanies in the press might suggest that the pritchards were complete and utter morons for taking the law into their own hands when anyone with an ounce of common sense and decency would have just called the police instead of engaging in a violent brawl.

And now they talk about exacting revenge in the paper...

[edit]

Panther

Juniors
As I predicted the Smellygraph put a negative slant on the rugby league involvement.
lockyrulz maybe some people have more guts than brains but if my sister was afraid for her life I'd try to help her.Obviously you have more brains than guts.

murraymob

Coach
The prictchard are a tight family with both Frank and Tom still living at home. Their sister who complained to the people in the unit about the noise and then had a knife put to her throat.The sister was afraid for her safety called her brothers .It should be noted the police where called .As usuall the telecrap has slanted the story against penrith

nqboy

First Grade
http://www.news.com.au/sundaytelegraph/story/0,22049,21243456-5001021,00.html

POLICE are preparing to charge NRL star Frank Pritchard and at least two members of his family over a vicious street battle that has left his younger brother fighting for his life. Thomas Pritchard, 20, remains in a critical condition in Liverpool Hospital after being stabbed twice in the heart.

The brawl - between several members of the Pritchard family, who are Maori, and 10 Asian males - is thought to have begun at a Liverpool unit block about 3.30am after a dispute over loud music. The 23-year-old Penrith Panthers second-rower had emergency surgery on his thumb after he was stabbed in the hand. His cousins, Johnny and Alfred, were treated for stab wounds to the abdomen and shoulder respectively.

At one stage last night, a police guard consisting of two uniformed officers and a detective stood guard against further violence while relatives visited Thomas and one of the Asian males, who were in the same ward, witnesses said.

Police detained 14 people after the brawl, on the corner of Lachlan and Bigge streets. Eighteen people, some wielding knives and tyre levers, were allegedly involved. Frank Pritchard, his brother and two cousins were not detained because they had been hospitalised.

"It's difficult to establish exactly what happened because everyone is telling a different story, but it seems to have been sparked by a noise complaint,'' Superintendent Mick Plotecki said.

Police had identified the 18 people - including one woman - involved in the brawl, he said. All of them would be charged with offences ranging from malicious wounding to malicious damage and affray, police said.

The woman also faces a charge of trying to steal a police car during the melee. Supt Plotecki described the scene of the brawl as "carnage''.

"There was a lot of blood, knives everywhere, tyre levers and smashed car windows,'' he said.

More than 20 members of the Pritchard family held a vigil yesterday at Liverpool Hospital, where Thomas Pritchard underwent open-heart surgery.

"He was stabbed twice in the heart and once in the chest,'' Thomas's aunt, Ruta Mapusua, told The Sunday Telegraph. "It's very sad - the family are very worried.''

Police inquiries indicate the Pritchards and several relatives confronted a large group having a party at the unit after being summoned by a woman relative. The woman, who lived in the block, claimed she had been threatened when she asked her next-door neighbours to turn down their music.

"They refused ... so she called all the boys over,'' Ms Mapusua said.

The brawl erupted as soon as they arrived. It is understood those in the unit were armed with knives. One of them was treated in hospital for a fractured cheekbone.

Frank Pritchard's manager,David Riolo, said Pritchard was deeply concerned about his brother.

"Frank got stabbed in the hand. His brother got stabbed in the heart,'' Mr Riolo said. "Frank was badly cut, but he's only worried about his brother.''

Pritchard's uncle, Oscar Pritchard, said Thomas, who was taking a year off from playing for Penrith's junior team, was not doing well.

"Tom is in a bad way, but we are hoping he will pull through,'' he said. ``If he dies, I can't rule out what my family will do. We hope the law does what it can, but we can't rule out retribution.''

Neighbours said yesterday the inhabitants of the unit regularly held karaoke parties until the early hours of the morning. Building manager Fred Pagano said a nearby resident told him she heard a lot of fighting.

"They're always playing karaoke until three in the morning,'' Mr Pagano said.

[furrycat]

Coach
lainey said:
There will be an article on the back page of tomorrow's paper. Apparently Frank was stabbed in the thumb trying to protect his face. I got this info from a friend at the trials today and she was told by Peter Mulholland....

:roll:

My mothers brothers daughters sisters mosquito told me you are wrong and should stop using hearsay.

murraymob

Coach
lockyrulz said:
Um yeah probably will.

I mean those 'biased' meanies in the press might suggest that the pritchards were complete and utter morons for taking the law into their own hands when anyone with an ounce of common sense and decency would have just called the police instead of engaging in a violent brawl.

And now they talk about exacting revenge in the paper...

[edit]
Are you a total dick with ears you are making comments based on biased newspaper reports. If my sister called and said a knife had been put to her throat i would be there as fast as the car got me there. You say the police should have been called they where by a resident of a different unit. they did not attend. Police in the liverpool area are severly undermand and do the best they can with the lack of numbers. All frank is guilty of is defending his sister. The person with the knife got 4 people one critical

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Neighbours said yesterday the inhabitants of the unit regularly held karaoke parties until the early hours of the morning. Building manager Fred Pagano said a nearby resident told him she heard a lot of fighting.

"They're always playing karaoke until three in the morning,'' Mr Pagano said.

Is that the same Fred Pagano who played with the Sharks?

lockyrulz

Juniors
murraymob said:
Are you a total dick with ears you are making comments based on biased newspaper reports. If my sister called and said a knife had been put to her throat i would be there as fast as the car got me there. You say the police should have been called they where by a resident of a different unit. they did not attend. Police in the liverpool area are severly undermand and do the best they can with the lack of numbers. All frank is guilty of is defending his sister. The person with the knife got 4 people one critical

Yeah mate, you are spot on. See I would have done the crazy thing and called the police. If that meant waiting till the next day for them to take action, I'd have waited. If need be I'd have gone and stayed the night with my family until the police acted if need be.

Thats why I wouldn't have been beat up, stabbed, end up in hospital and have a criminal record. That is how us dicks with ears handle things.

But thanks to the stupidity of the Pritchards, one is nearly dead, the others to be charged with a criminal offence.

But yeah, your right, Im a dick and you're a legend. Still I'll keep being a dick, you follow the pritchards example and you can end up [edit] in prison.

lainey

Juniors
[furrycat] said:
:roll:

My mothers brothers daughters sisters mosquito told me you are wrong and should stop using hearsay.

And what exactly was my offence here? The fact that I said there would be an article in the paper or that Frank had injured his thumb?? As you can see, it is all true and none of it is hearsay....I didn't even mention how or why this happened so I can't see anything wrong with my post....

murraymob

Coach
lockyrulz said:
Yeah mate, you are spot on. See I would have done the crazy thing and called the police. If that meant waiting till the next day for them to take action, I'd have waited. If need be I'd have gone and stayed the night with my family until the police acted if need be.

Thats why I wouldn't have been beat up, stabbed, end up in hospital and have a criminal record. That is how us dicks with ears handle things.

But thanks to the stupidity of the Pritchards, one is nearly dead, the others to be charged with a criminal offence.

But yeah, your right, Im a dick and you're a legend. Still I'll keep being a dick, you follow the Pritchards example and you can end up [edit] in prison.
some of the options you have mentioned are fine i agree but not in Liverpool . The sister had a knife placed to her neck leaving her unit was not a option.Also the police where called by another resident of the unit complex .only after a considerable time and then only with her door being kicked did she call her brothers. I do apoligize for calling you names but i am closer to what actually happened than what was printed in the papers

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Who really knows what happened at this stage? The last time I heard of a similar story was over xmas when a guy was stabbed to death during a brawl again at Liverpool. The first reports painted him as completely innocent of any wrong. That he was sleeping and rudely awoken by a group of yahoos. It was claimed he asked them to be quiet as he was due to commence work early and for this he was killed. A far more factual story emerged several days later and it was a much different set of circumstances.

Latest posts