What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Manly @ Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield / Wanngal

Who will win? Round 25: Wests Tigers v Manly

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wizardman

First Grade
The fact that we are starting to score points consistently is exciting, it’s a shame we’re still letting too many in. There’s a few things to say about our defence but I think I’ll just enjoy the moment tonight :)

We need some centres badly, in saying that Faatape has improved a bit. Still very nervous defender.
Our attack has been so f**king boring for a very long time. The last time we played decent attacking footy like we have been lately was way back when Mick Potter coached us....and we had more attacking weapons back then than what we do now.
Credit to Benji......it is the way forward for us. Absolutely, we needed to defend better but by f**k, we needed to attack better too. Small steps!

Das Hassler

Bench
Api can't pass from dummy half to the right, it seems as though he's injured. Poor Galvin was reaching all over the place to drag them in. But his torpys to the left are great. It's been like this for the last two games.

Quite likely he is playing injured...you see him wince quite often when he rolls out of tackles

Pezz70

Juniors
A lot of Galvin's lateral play tonight was his eagerness to take advantage of their sin bins and overlaps but manly scrambled well. He'll learn from that however it was good to see that we didn't forget to at least hit up the middle. Seyfarth was the best for me tonight. That big guy has a huge motor.
100% but if he straightens he holds defenders in and gives his outside men a chance, especially against 12.

Wizardman

First Grade
The fact that we are starting to score points consistently is exciting, it’s a shame we’re still letting too many in. There’s a few things to say about our defence but I think I’ll just enjoy the moment tonight :)

We need some centres badly, in saying that Faatape has improved a bit. Still very nervous defender.
Im loving the fact he is getting time in first grade this year. He has a great attitude and I certainly hope we have him around the club next year.

Nutz

Bench
100% but if he straightens he holds defenders in and gives his outside men a chance, especially against 12.
Several shifts were done on the 3rd tackle. I'd be trying to do less shifts until the middle and edges folded the line, then shift, even if it's the 5th.
It's better to have more success with fewer shifts than less sucess with more shifts. ;)
What doesn't help is when your D is shite and you resort to playing catchup footy.
Manly gifted that win to us but at least the boys are playing 80min for a change. S. Finau and big red were great.

Nutz

Bench
No question he is playing injured and fatigue has set in as well. He is a great leader of our club though and put in.
I just watched a bit more, fast forwarding to our attack and it was bad right from the beginning. If he's injured he must have done it weeks ago.
Anyway, who cares because it was a great captain's knock.

WA Tiger

Bench
Would have been sweet if api had let that bell go to mason close to the end.. geez that boys got some acceleration and he seems to thrive in the rough and tumble

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Manly should have had 2 sent to the bin for that tackle on Aimalo .. I wonder if the other guy can still be charged..He prob should have been sent off. He did the some real damage with his shoulder

simmo1

First Grade
He is but there were a lot of poor plays amongst the good stuff.

That pass to Seyfarth was awesome. Seyfarth's running was awesome as well. If you can't tell I'm a fan of Seyfarth. I've been watching him for years and he just has that dog in him. If anything he has been much more poorly disciplined this season which pisses me off but I think he can get that out of his game.

Seyfarth seems to genuinely trying to improve his discipline which is great to see. A lot of similar hot headed players just lean into the "that's the way I play" line, and never improve. Not really much room for error in the modern game.

Pezz70

Juniors
Galvin 22 runs tonight for 200 metres, 14 tackles, 1 try assist, 3 tackle breaks, 11 kicks for 235m

Brooks 6 runs 53m, 1 tackle break, 1 line break assist, 4 kicks for 150m

don’t know
If it means much but it’s interesting

Wizardman

First Grade
Galvin 22 runs tonight for 200 metres, 14 tackles, 1 try assist, 3 tackle breaks, 11 kicks for 235m

Brooks 6 runs 53m, 1 tackle break, 1 line break assist, 4 kicks for 150m

don’t know
If it means much but it’s interesting
Im yet to see a post anywhere that says that they miss Brooks. We have made a lot of shit calls over the years, losing Brooks is not one of them.

Nutz

Bench
Spare a thought for the Buddahs of 360 ...they would have had their "And WT let him go!" rants already written and rehearsed
I was just thinking the same thing Das when I read @Wizardman post about Brooks. The journos would have definitely stuck the knives in.
Brooks had to go. If he didn't I doubt whether he would get a run especially next year with Luai.
Brooks is a really nice fella so I'm happy for him making a go of it at the Eagles...but he can stay there ;)

Das Hassler

Bench
I was just thinking the same thing Das when I read @Wizardman post about Brooks. The journos would have definitely stuck the knives in.
Brooks had to go. If he didn't I doubt whether he would get a run especially next year with Luai.
Brooks is a really nice fella so I'm happy for him making a go of it at the Eagles...but he can stay there ;)

I agree...I actually like the guy and hope he goes well when I watch him play. He and the club desperately needed to go separate ways and it was overdue. He's definitely under achieved as an organising and even a running half but you can't doubt his toughness in defense. I thought years ago that he could've been another Geoff Toovey if he'd started out as a 9. As for tonight's booing and peering...i think I'd be right in guessing it was just giving it to him for a proper Leichhardt homecoming and mostly not personal

Nutz

Bench
The more I see Latu Fainu play I'm convinced he is going to be an invaluable utility off the bench. In fact when Api retires Latu could slip straight into the number 9 spot.
It would provide competition with DaSilva ensuring the inform player gets the nod. As I said his utility option would be great. He's a good defender (room for improvement) and has a good turn of speed and passing game. He played at dummy half in the world cup and does a lot of that already with us.

Latest posts