What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pritchard Stabbed

mxlegend99

Referee
Four people were stabbed for defending a relative, *edit - that has not been reported anywhere *
I don't know, maybe Locky would have just sat on his arse at home and not gone to help his family out. But is it really stupid of 4 fairly large islanders to think that they would intimidate someone into turning down the music? I'm sure at the time, they weren't aware there were 10 asians all carrying knives and baseball bats. It isn't exactly high on my list of expectations for people having a karaoke night.

A 20 year old kid is fighting for his life for trying to stick up for a family member, and some people think he deserves it? I feel sorry for anyone who thinks that he deserves it. Obviously you have no feelings or compassion at all. And it's completely understandable that you would do nothing to help your family in the same situation.

aqua_duck

Coach
Hope the police coe down real hard on the 10 cowards, people who carry aroun knives and baseball bats should not be allowed on the street.

lockyrulz

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
Four people were stabbed for defending a relative, *edit - that has not been reported anywhere *
I don't know, maybe Locky would have just sat on his arse at home and not gone to help his family out. But is it really stupid of 4 fairly large islanders to think that they would intimidate someone into turning down the music? I'm sure at the time, they weren't aware there were 10 asians all carrying knives and baseball bats. It isn't exactly high on my list of expectations for people having a karaoke night.

A 20 year old kid is fighting for his life for trying to stick up for a family member, and some people think he deserves it? I feel sorry for anyone who thinks that he deserves it. Obviously you have no feelings or compassion at all. And it's completely understandable that you would do nothing to help your family in the same situation.

You people are just really, really, really dumb aren't you.

Know what I would have done? Raced around and picked my sister up. Stayed with her the night, or took her back to my place till I had a chance to talk to the police and get the matter sorted.

Instead he acted like a moron. And look at the results. Yeah he really 'helped' his family by getting himself nearly stabbed to death didn't he?

Who would have thought grabbing a bunch of your mates to go intimidate a bunch of violent jerks would end badly...

Again, you people are just thick...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Panther said:
No, Willow my first thoughts were for the wounded which had already been expressed by other posters. I guess I made the mistake of thinking this was a rugby league forum. Sorry, I won't make that mistake again :roll:
Just asking a question Panther. You seem to have issues with the media reporting - if that's not the case then your numerous posts have been misunderstood.

There was always going to a negative aspect to a stabbing, no way of avoiding that I'm afraid.

BWNB

First Grade
It seems stupid going by the news papers at this stage, really does anyone know what happened...
Anyway the best thing is to wait a couple of days and hopefully the real truth will come out.

lockyrulz

Juniors
rugbynotsoccer said:
locky has a good point.

If i went to a bikie club told them to turn it down. They told me to f**k off with a knife. Would i come back with a group of people?

1. Would they be scared and turn down the music?
2. Why come back if you already know that a knifes been used?
3. Do i want to be famous and end up on the news?

Would people say im stupid if i got stabbed for confronting them after being at knife point. OF COURSE.

Depends, if you play for their club, or are related to someone that does then no, you would be doing the honourable thing.

If not, then yes you would be a complete fool for doing something so utterely crazy.

Notell

Juniors
lockyrulz said:

Know what I would have done? Raced around and picked my sister up. Stayed with her the night, or took her back to my place till I had a chance to talk to the police and get the matter sorted.

Instead he acted like a moron. And look at the results. Yeah he really 'helped' his family by getting himself nearly stabbed to death didn't he?

Who would have thought grabbing a bunch of your mates to go intimidate a bunch of violent jerks would end badly...

I'm with you lockyrulz.

Vicious

Bench
Notell said:
I'm with you lockyrulz.

Then if it continually happened, your kids couldn`t get any sleep and the police continually did next to nothing, what would be your next step ???

Notell

Juniors
Vicious said:
Then if it continually happened, your kids couldn`t get any sleep and the police continually did next to nothing, what would be your next step ???

Assuming I have exhausted all avenues and gotten myself a job?

lockyrulz

Juniors
Vicious said:

Well it wouldn't be a knife fight thats for sure.

_Johnsy

Referee
Locky

Many many assumptions there champ, all the details "reportedly" the Police will not reveal any pertenant info. So the rest is pure speculation.

Vicious

Bench
lockyrulz said:
Well it wouldn't be a knife fight thats for sure.

Unfortunately we don`t live in a perfect world. Not everything is as simple as it would appear or should be.

_Johnsy

Referee
Locky

if someone came at me with a baseball bat or knife, and you were outnumbered as they were reported to have been. what do you do?

It is a fight or flight response, not a chosen response it is automatic, a natural response you dont think you just choose one of the two options. You make that choice in a split second, and well we all get the idea of the possible consequences. A fact of life.

lockyrulz

Juniors
_Johnsy said:
Locky

if someone came at me with a baseball bat or knife, and you were outnumbered as they were reported to have been. what do you do?

It is a fight or flight response, not a chosen response it is automatic, a natural response you dont think you just choose one of the two options. You make that choice in a split second, and well we all get the idea of the possible consequences. A fact of life.

You people still belive in the tooth fairy dont you.

I'll concede, I don't have all the facts yet, but why don't we try some simple common sense 'champ'

If she managed to use a phone, then obviously she had managed to remove herself from immediate danger. At that point, there is no fight or flight, what rubbish. They came to the place after she had called them! It was an incredibly stupid and unneccessary thing to do.

Again, want proof? Go visit the guy in hospital and see how great the results are.

_Johnsy

Referee
lockyrulz said:
lockyrulz said:
No

lockyrulz said:
I'll concede, I don't have all the facts yet, but why don't we try some simple common sense 'champ'
lockyrulz said:
it is not about being wrong or right, just a discussion.

lockyrulz said:
If she managed to use a phone, then obviously she had managed to remove herself from immediate danger. At that point, there is no fight or flight, what rubbish. They came to the place after she had called them! It was an incredibly stupid and unneccessary thing to do.
lockyrulz said:
Again you know how, where and when she used her phone. I know from experience that these type of incidents never happen the way they are reported.

lockyrulz said:
Again, want proof? Go visit the guy in hospital and see how great the results are.

OMG I am not talking about results, I was talking about a persons natural response to the stimuli in a given environment. Are you struggling to grasp this concept?

girvie

Staff member
lockyrulz said:

What if you go to your sister's apartment and the karaoke gangsters are in the hallway and attack you?

How do you know that didn't happen?

I haven't read that the Pritchard's started the fight.

lockyrulz

Juniors
_Johnsy said:
lockyrulz said:
lockyrulz said:
No

lockyrulz said:
lockyrulz said:

lockyrulz said:
lockyrulz said:
Again you know how, where and when she used her phone. I know from experience that these type of incidents never happen the way they are reported.

OMG I am not talking about results, I was talking about a persons natural response to the stimuli in a given environment. Are you struggling to grasp this concept?

Try grasping this concept. Unless she was in IMMEDIATE danger, then there is no justification for the response. No flight or flight crap, no reasonable reaction to 'stimuli' You are using an example of someone who is directly attacked. My point is they were stupid to go there in the first place. I would have thought that was pretty obvious from what I have already stated, but there you go..

And whilst I appreciate that the police are undermanned, I find it hard to believe they would ignore a stressed call from someone in IMMEDIATE danger, ie a knife to the throat.

If the circumstance were she used a phone whilst in IMMEDIATE danger and was still in IMMEDIATE danger when they arrived, then yes, your post has some credibility, although why in the hell not call the police?. And before any yokel craps on about how the police were called, were they called and informed that she was in IMMEDIATE danger from someone holding a knife to her throat, or that the neighbours were making a lot of noise?

But if you are actually entertaining that as likely, then you might as well believe in the tooth fairy.

mxlegend99

Referee
lockyrulz said:

Look at you. Being a big man calling other people stupid and claiming that the kid got what he deserved. Everyone else must be stupid, if they react to the same situation differently then you. :roll:

You must be a very paranoid person, and a bit of a chicken if that is how you would have handled the matter. Are you also too scared too open the door at night if somebody knocks on it? Afterall, how do you know the person on the other side isn't carrying weapons? Or is the reason you would react that way, because you know the end result? The Pritchards sure as hell would approach the situation a little differently now also. It's easy to comment on something after it has happened and we've know the results. It's also easy to comment, when you aren't in the situation yourself. And not reacting to what is happening.

You shouldn't have to fear asking somebody to keep the noise down. The Pritchards in no way got what they deserved. You seem to think it's all the victims fault. That they deserve it because they reacted to a situation involving a loved one.

Maybe you have no feeling or emotions, and would have been able to make a calculated decision on the spot. The Pritchards obviously did. I in no way see how they are stupid or deserved this.

I'm not saying this is how i would have handled the situation. But without being in the situation, i have no way of knowing how i would have reacted. Neither do you.

Notell

Juniors
lockyrulz said:
_Johnsy said:
lockyrulz said:
lockyrulz said:
No

lockyrulz said:
lockyrulz said:

lockyrulz said:

Try grasping this concept. Unless she was in IMMEDIATE danger, then there is no justification for the response. No flight or flight crap, no reasonable reaction to 'stimuli' You are using an example of someone who is directly attacked. My point is they were stupid to go there in the first place. I would have thought that was pretty obvious from what I have already stated, but there you go..

And whilst I appreciate that the police are undermanned, I find it hard to believe they would ignore a stressed call from someone in IMMEDIATE danger, ie a knife to the throat.

If the circumstance were she used a phone whilst in IMMEDIATE danger and was still in IMMEDIATE danger when they arrived, then yes, your post has some credibility, although why in the hell not call the police?. And before any yokel craps on about how the police were called, were they called and informed that she was in IMMEDIATE danger from someone holding a knife to her throat, or that the neighbours were making a lot of noise?

But if you are actually entertaining that as likely, then you might as well believe in the tooth fairy.

You're absolutely right locky. Take it as confirmation of this the fact that most people here will argue with you.

lockyrulz

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
Look at you. Being a big man calling other people stupid and claiming that the kid got what he deserved. Everyone else must be stupid, if they react to the same situation differently then you. :roll:

You must be a very paranoid person, and a bit of a chicken if that is how you would have handled the matter. Are you also too scared too open the door at night if somebody knocks on it? Afterall, how do you know the person on the other side isn't carrying weapons? Or is the reason you would react that way, because you know the end result? The Pritchards sure as hell would approach the situation a little differently now also. It's easy to comment on something after it has happened and we've know the results. It's also easy to comment, when you aren't in the situation yourself. And not reacting to what is happening.

You shouldn't have to fear asking somebody to keep the noise down. The Pritchards in no way got what they deserved. You seem to think it's all the victims fault. That they deserve it because they reacted to a situation involving a loved one.

Maybe you have no feeling or emotions, and would have been able to make a calculated decision on the spot. The Pritchards obviously did. I in no way see how they are stupid or deserved this.

I'm not saying this is how i would have handled the situation. But without being in the situation, i have no way of knowing how i would have reacted. Neither do you.

Right so your telling me they were so thick that they couldn't envisage that a scenario invloving violent asians and a known knife threat might end up in a stabbing....

Its called comon sense mate, you don't need to be a fortune teller or a paranoid to use it. Feel free to give it a try sometime.

Latest posts