What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pro Evo 5

anybody got this game or played it? i bought it yesterday, havent had much chance to play but the ownage this game has over fifa is unbelievable!! if they mixed fifa series of licensed teams and leagues etc into pro evo's realism this would be the greates football game of all time!!

brenno

Juniors
yer i've played it for abit at a mates house. Awesome game. Even if you dont suffer from anti-ea sports bias you can appreciate this game for what it is, superb. Fifa 06 isn't crap in comparison, its still a good game. Soccer games seem to be getting better and better. Cricket games on the other hand.............

Paullyboy

Coach
People go on, and on, and on, and on, and on about how good this blood PES soccer series is.

What about it is possibly so good to warrant all the praise it gets? I was thinking about buying it the other day, but looked at the back of it and it didnt look any different to any other soccer game.

steven_tiger

Juniors
i have had it for a while and it's a top game.

takes a while to get use to, especially in attack.

the realism is amazing.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
steven_tiger said:
the realism is amazing.

so there are lots of 0-0 draws and endless dives as unco-ordinated players try and milk penalties? :p

actually i'm waiting for this to come out on psp, everyone raves about the pes series so I'm gonna give it a go

Jono078

Referee
I like the gameplay. But for me Fifa is better because of its presentation, and I like its career mode.

But no complaints about PES.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Paullyboy said:
People go on, and on, and on, and on, and on about how good this blood PES soccer series is.

What about it is possibly so good to warrant all the praise it gets? I was thinking about buying it the other day, but looked at the back of it and it didnt look any different to any other soccer game.

Are you a soccer fan? If not then I don't really see why you would want to buy it. If you are then you should because it easily sets the standard every year for gameplay that is realistic + enjoyable. There's nothing extra to draw you in, it's just a perfect game of soccer that makes you realise where the other ones are lacking.

steven_tiger

Juniors
i am a seasoned pes gamer and it took my 15 games to score more than 2 goals in a match... thats on the second highest difficulty.

the presentation in fifa is better, and it not being licensed is a pain (thank god for the editing mode).

Munky

Coach
Lack of transfers and paying a fee for players without a club is terrible and destoys Master League IMO.

If use the default squad in ML it is no fun as they are so crap, I was really looking forward to the 2nd season with some decent players yet I could only get 2 players to my team in the offseason. PES3 let me develop a decent team for the 2nd season.

I'm going to delete the save and make a custom squad I think.

bowen_1

Juniors
I've got the demo of PES5, this is the first of the series i've played. The gameplay is awesome IMO, but surely they could have made the menus and overall presentation a bit better... it's a dog's breakfast compared to ea's presentation. It's also hard to configure the controls, so I'm having trouble getting used to them.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
If you want players without teams just go to the Transfer area, select "choose from team" or something like that and then hit L1..you will find the "unemployed" players as well as up and comers.

MrSharky

Juniors
I actually like FIFA 06's gameplay better :eek:

I find it the best yet, and therefore the best soccer game available IMO...

PES4 was way better than FIFA 2005 btw...

icon6.gif

fifa 2006 owns fifa 2005 in gameplay, presentation, has different commentators, one of the dudes from the old FIFA RTWC 98, the graphics are practically the same, again, the added features like sponsorship deals, player contracts, managing ticket prices makes career mode worth playing, and yeh my bad, PES5 doesnt completely own fifa, but never playing a PES game i was a bit amazed at the realism

Adidazzler

Juniors
FIFA 06 is a brilliant game I.M.O. Each time I play it now I find different ways to break defence etc. It is a huge improvement from 05. I was in your situation, I took the gamble of buying it and loved it. Also in career mode, it is quite relastic, because if you take a top club straight away, you have a better chance of getting bankrupt than if you take a lower club, it's interesting.

MrSharky

Juniors
Jono078 said:
Mr Sharky, how much better is FIFA 2006 than 2005 ?

Im thinking of getting it soon.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better IMO.

If you liked 2005 (I liked it a bit), you'll fall in love with 06.

I love the FIFA Flashbacks, and the manager mode among other things from the actual gameplay.

The only disappointment IMO would be the free-kick system (they've taken a step back, making it harder to score)...

icon6.gif

Jono078

Referee
Thanks.

Lately I have been hooked on FIFA 2005's career mode, I love how simple it is, but still I love it, I am waiting for 2006 to go down to about $60, if anyone sees it for that much, give us a heads up please.

Anyone have anymore info on Career mode, and how much better it is than 2005 ?

EDIT: Well I ended up getting FIFA 2006, and I cant say im too pleased with it :?.

It may be because I was enjoying 2005 so much that I didnt want a change?

I think I might try and return it tomorrow and get something else.