What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pro Evolution 6!

warrior123

Juniors
Just got an e-mail from www.pesfan.com announcing that PRO EVO 6 will be luanched on the 27th October. Koonami also managed to get the rights for Manchester United as well as a few other clubs in Germany.

Who else is planning to buy this game?

McLovin

Staff member
What do you mean they managed to get the right to Man Utd?? Are you saying there was a possibility that there would of been an EPL without Man Utd??

This is the proper game isnt it?? not just the international teams?

nöyd

Staff member
MC84 said:
What do you mean they managed to get the right to Man Utd?? Are you saying there was a possibility that there would of been an EPL without Man Utd??

This is the proper game isnt it?? not just the international teams?

What he means is that Konami has apparently obtained the rights to include the name "Manchester United" in the game, instead of referring to them as "Man Red" like they did in previous versions. Along with that they will more than likely be including the official kit and logo, the same they did with Chelsea & Arsenal in PES5.

EA owns all the FIFA licenses, so teams like Spurs are called something like North London White, Everton are called Merseyside Blue, Liverpool are called Merseyside Red etc. Slowly but surely Konami is getting the licenses for EPL teams, so by the time Pro Evolution 26 comes out we should have a fully licensed EPL.

Leagues like Serie A and La Liga are fully licensed though, and as such they have all proper kits and sponsorship etc.

Not having the proper team names is a small price to pay for what has been a far superior football game in the past, although FIFA 07 is looking mighty fine so far. Time will tell...

Check out these vids for FIFA 07 (X360): http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=3176

are you serious, bundesliga teams? Bayern, do you know ?

PRO EVO >>>>>>>>>> FIFA

fifa has the same recycled graphics, game play, commentary, id rather have silly names i can fix and superior game play than inferior game play for licensing

is there a demo/video available anywhere for PES6? this is my 2nd most anticipated game ever

warrior123

Juniors
More teams and licences vs gameplay. If you are looking to buy one of these two games that's what you have to weigh up. For me I go for the gameplay over licences anyday. Plus, there is always an option called "edit" sure this takes time but it can be quite a lot of fun editing the shirts and with a bit of work you can make them look identical to the offical ones. To Fifa's credit, I feel they do a better job with the manager mode, it seems to have more depth than PES games.

Munky

Coach
IMO to much depth in a manager mode takes away from where the real fun is, the action on the pitch.

I only need enough depth to control formations and make signings. Anything else just slows down the process of playing the game.

warrior123

Juniors
I would like to see manager mode become more like fifa's. You should be able to pay staff, like fitness coaches, midfield coaches to contribute to the over performance of your team. Depth is good, but things like regulating condition is just plain boring, we want realisitc but not TOO realistic.

It is also nice too see "EA sports" buy just about all the rights for the EPL, hopefully Koonami are able to get a few more.

nöyd

Staff member
Check out these screenies for the 360...

10091.jpg

10071.jpg

nöyd

Staff member
8985.jpg

6713.jpg

Something tells me the last shot is not from actual gameplay footage, hope it is though.

:( Have to wait til after Xmas for my 360, looks like it's going to be worth the wait.

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
I will for sure be buying pro evo 6

Heck even if they just updated team rosters and fixed a few glitches id buy it :lol:

Those pictures.. if they are from the 360 version, then i probably have way to high expectations of next gen

sydraider

First Grade
BlueNGoldBlood said:
I will for sure be buying pro evo 6

Heck even if they just updated team rosters and fixed a few glitches id buy it :lol:

Those pictures.. if they are from the 360 version, then i probably have way to high expectations of next gen

Just wait til March, when the REAL next gen gaming machine is released.

warrior123

Juniors
Something tells me the last shot is not from actual gameplay footage, hope it is though.

Have to wait til after Xmas for my 360, looks like it's going to be worth the wait.Something tells me the last shot is not from actual gameplay footage, hope it is though.

Have to wait til after Xmas for my 360, looks like it's going to be worth the wait.

LOL, yeah I don't think that last screenshot is real. I can remember that I read that Pro Evo 6 will be coming to the PS3. So I will by it for my PS2 at the moment, and then upgrade in March, or whenever the PS3 comes out.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to buy a 360 after seeing those screenshots, but I'll wait a few extra months.

Anyway I am confident that Sony's new console will surpass the 360 when it is realeased.