What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Probably the biggest understatement of the year but.....

I feel this game against Newcastle could be one of the MOST important in our history to date.

Why....

* Obviously the last 5 weeks.
* We are written off...already for this game and subsequent games after this game.
* The stigma still attached from 2001 with the opposition.

If we can win this one, it may spark something...it also may not but this game will prove our character.

After watching the footy show last night with Hindy and the boys asking a few questions about us and then throwing it out to the crowd for comments you can just see that the pressure around us is unbelievable. I really can't remember more pressure and comment surrounding a clubs' form in recent history and the build up to this game can't be understated.

I'm not afraid to say that I got a bit emotional last night watching the lady roosters supporter whose days are probably numbered with the cancer she has. By the time, Hindy came on I was ready to run through a brick wall I was that fired up. People, fans of the team or not, respond to how Parramatta fare in the comp...believe me I know this living in Brisbane. I could definately sense that in the crowd last night.

This is what reminds me that Rugby League is my game and Parramatta are my team....thick and thin...for better and for worse.

CMON YOU EELS!!!!!!

PARRA PARRA PARRA PARRA PARRA PARRA PARRA PARRA PARRA

PS. Sorry if this seems a bit wanky but I'm well and truly fired up for this game....we can do it and I will be screaming at the TV for the full 80 supporting our boys...they need it now like never before.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I get fired up before every game! However i won't be expecting too much this weekend, However I honestly believe we will be competative!

you watch. There'll be more Pizza secions after this game.

I HOPE!!!

Suitman

Post Whore
Bellboy,

I have the same sneaky suspicion that we will get up as well.
Don't ask me why, they have shown me nothing that would prove otherwise in recent times, but something in my head tells me that the boys will well and truely fire up.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllsssss

Suity.

P.S. It wasn't completely wanky. ;-)

Wagonator

Juniors
I got this gut feeling about this week, maybe im wrong but Im following my gut.

I tell ya what, so many people around me are so sure that parra will go down this week. Ive got a bit with a passionate tigers fan that if parra wins, hes gonna hang the eels jersey in his cafe and wear one for a whole week. Seems the whole world has written us off. Lets prove them wrong.

The monster is about to awaken with Hindy whispering in its ear.

Strange.. A lot of us knights fans have a bad vibe about this game and you eels fans seem quite confident.. :-k

strider

Post Whore
Wll said Belly....we should all be supporting the boys with this sort of passion.

Having said that, I'm not going to get my hopes too high - I will be happy to see us play a very competative game (plus I like us being the underdogs ;-) ).

I'll be yelling at the TV - and swearing at the ref - and my wife will think I'm a goose...same as usual really.

Suitman

Post Whore
strider said:
I'll be yelling at the TV - and swearing at the ref - and my wife will think I'm a goose...same as usual really.

Not much different to the Suity household then. :)

Suity

Clarkieel

Juniors
I have that same good feeling abotu this weekend I think we are definately going to win and with style too

Unreal V

Juniors
I hust finished watching the round 2 game Parra v Kinghts, God we are good, didn't give up, played an attacking style, watched for the off loads ran forward did everything right except in defence. Foreget the Parramatta of 2001 where is the parramatta of Round 2.

Just proved we need good combinations in the back line. If Jnr Langi can step up this week end who knows.

On paper I think we are more than a match.

Unreal V said:
I hust finished watching the round 2 game Parra v Kinghts, God we are good, didn't give up, played an attacking style, watched for the off loads ran forward did everything right except in defence. Foreget the Parramatta of 2001 where is the parramatta of Round 2.

Just proved we need good combinations in the back line. If Jnr Langi can step up this week end who knows.

On paper I think we are more than a match.

They have just as many out as us...but they have won 3 of their past 5. Buderus the biggest threat...Woolnough as well for some reason. The three quarter tussle will be crucuial...and of course the halves.

If Johnny can match Buderus' game rating out of 10 (which should cancel his effect out of the game) I think that is half the battle won.

Suitman said:
.........but for some reason, we have been paper-thin.

Suity

Suit-os,

Something tells me that there will be a huge effort in rectifying that. If we come up short it won't be because of the effort.

Suitman said:
My thoughts precisely.

I think the pizzas will have played their part.

Suity

Let's hope Dominos don't send the boys christmas cards for ALL the business they have got out of them this year!!!

Latest posts