What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems at the Dragons?

skeepe

Immortal
Wobbygong said:
Apart from Bailey none of those blokes will be missed.

Skeepe it's about getting the balance right and retaining the young talent coming through which the club has done remarkably well. When you compare that to the Raiders, it's more a case of who haven't they lost, rather than who have they lost. Croker I think went today as well...............

Mate this wasn't about comparisons, just an outsider's viewpoint. Several things that I had forgotten had been pointed out by Willow and others, and I now have a stronger understanding of the Dragons' position for next season, which was the aim of the original post.

I can see how others may view the Raiders' retention in the same light that I viewed the Dragons, and we are in a position where we have to gamble on some unknowns. I'm not too worried though, as I personally believe those unknowns are quality players.

Father Ted

First Grade
skeepe said:
Mate this wasn't about comparisons, just an outsider's viewpoint. Several things that I had forgotten had been pointed out by Willow and others, and I now have a stronger understanding of the Dragons' position for next season, which was the aim of the original post.

I can see how others may view the Raiders' retention in the same light that I viewed the Dragons, and we are in a position where we have to gamble on some unknowns. I'm not too worried though, as I personally believe those unknowns are quality players.

You blokes have signed Bestie . I bet I know what your right hand defence is gonna be like .

The Preacher

First Grade
Father Ted said:
I have a hunch that our players sign with us because of the " get out clause's " I think thats why Doustie has a good retention record this year . A player manager would /could say the Dragons are good to be with because if you get a better offer from anywhere else you can take it . Conversely it may allow the dragons to release players with greater ease ie Thompson and others .

That could well be true Rev.Ted. I'll be sharing a libation with Willow and Rexxy next Sunday, pop over and I'll explain my inference in the post. :)

Father Ted

First Grade
The Preacher said:
That could well be true Rev.Ted. I'll be sharing a libation with Willow and Rexxy next Sunday, pop over and I'll explain my inference in the post. :)

I'll be there my fellow ancient . Btw read with some amusement in the paper where the Sharkies claim the reason we are not playing them at Kogarah is because the Greatest board in all of history is worried that the Locals may cheer Thompson too much and give it to the boys in whatever jumper they show up in this week .

bornadragon

Juniors
VOTE 1... Phil Gould for coach... or John Lang... or Chris Anderson... Someone who know how to coach OUR talent and knows how to WIN

glory79

Juniors
drake said:
If we got a transfer fee for every player poached, well, we could get the boys gold plated training equipment, the team bus would be a stretch limo and buy a newspaper to give us some decent press.

Transfer fees would be nice, but having salary cap excemptions for juniors would be better. That way we would be able to leap ahead while other teams that produce nothing can get stuffed.

glory79

Juniors
bornadragon said:
VOTE 1... Phil Gould for coach... or John Lang... or Chris Anderson... Someone who know how to coach OUR talent and knows how to WIN

Lang for sure. Anderson leaves clubs in turmoil and Gould is too close to the rooters.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Mate, Dragons should maybe look at Taylor the way he is going.

Out of the three I have a feeling Gould will be first choice for the club out of the 3 which would not be bad.

Better than the clown we have now. Then again Terry Lamb would be better than the clown.

Father Ted

First Grade
bornadragon said:

I believe that the problem is higher in the food chain than just the coach .

The Preacher

First Grade
As I said before the last AGM, members elect the board, the board appoints the CEO. If the balance of power wavers, Doust can waver goodbye.

Father Ted

First Grade
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good point. But who can sack Doust when all the board are in love with him?

Doust is one of three up for re-election this march . If you don't like him VOTE .........

Steel Dragon

Bench
bornadragon said:

bornadragon?!?!?!!?

more like bornanumbskull