What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Promotion of upcoming NRL match in Adelaide!

sharko

Juniors
Can anyone down in South Australia let us know what sort of promotion has been happpening on radio, print and tv for the upcoming NRL match in Adelaide.
I should hope the last monthy at least that interested parties would be being hammered by promotion of this game.
Surely former followers of the Rams have been chased up and encouraged to attend without fail.
I should hope a very large crowd will be in attendance with no excuses.

dragondad

First Grade
Yeah I hope there is a big crowd at Hindmarsh for the game,will be a fair indication of what crowds the Sharks will get in the future down there.

Eels Dude

Coach
Can anyone down in South Australia let us know what sort of promotion has been happpening on radio, print and tv for the upcoming NRL match in Adelaide.
I should hope the last monthy at least that interested parties would be being hammered by promotion of this game.
Surely former followers of the Rams have been chased up and encouraged to attend without fail.
I should hope a very large crowd will be in attendance with no excuses.

Former followers of the rams... those hardscore group of about 8000 dedicated fans who attended games for 2 seasons over 10 years ago. Most of them will have even forgotten the club's name.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
It is last place verus a team that has lost it's last 20 of 23 matches. Can we really expect South Australians to even put in the effort of going to this game ?

sharko

Juniors
It has no competition on the day from AFL as the 2 SA sides play Saturday.
Sunday lunchtime is an unusual time for league but with daylight saving I suppose they can beam it into the eastern States at the usual hour.
If relocation is a serious issue and spraeding league from the eastern States is a serious issue then such responses as above are a concern.

eagles4eva

Coach
I did see a sign on the corner of South Rd and Sir Donald Bradman, "NRL come to Adelaide - Sharks vrs Rabs, time and date... its also been discussed on their apparent sports show (sports meaning AFL) most ex sydneysiders like myself in Adelaide will go, without Fox i would go insane........

nqcowboy87

Bench
i do believe its the cowboys playing the sharks

but as far as promotion, i mean its the nrl what do you expect

eagles4eva

Coach
its hard to notice the sign as your driving, see i didnt even read which teams are coming(small sign), the NRL has the deveolpment 4WD, parked outside Hindmarsh staduim everyday, what they do here in regards to development is low key, Rugby is much stronger and still played in some private schools and a good local comp, league doesnt get the greatest exposure. But I would expect some media coverage closer to the game.

Eels Dude

Coach
i do believe its the cowboys playing the sharks

but as far as promotion, i mean its the nrl what do you expect

Why should it be the NRL responsible? Sure they can help out, but it should be Cronulla, who took the game there, as well as the stadium owners who should be doing the bulk of promotion for it.

gho

Juniors
They had TV ads during the NRL games last weekend (the games are played on Saturday Morning 12am to 4am and Monday morning 12am to 2am). I wont be able to make it to the game, i'll be flying to Brisbane at the time.

Canard

Immortal
I heard they are going with a promotion catchphrase of "Carl Webb WONT be playing in this game!"

I hear that they expect another 2000 to turn up now because of this...........

shaggy

Juniors
It has no competition on the day from AFL as the 2 SA sides play Saturday.
Sunday lunchtime is an unusual time for league but with daylight saving I suppose they can beam it into the eastern States at the usual hour.
If relocation is a serious issue and spraeding league from the eastern States is a serious issue then such responses as above are a concern.

daylight savings ended the week before last

its a 1:30pm kick off for the 2pm fox game

Haynzy

First Grade
There has been a few ads in the paper and they have been running a couple of comps.

Unfortunately I'll be away from Adelaide on the weekend so I wont be able to attend but my 7yo is champing at the bit to go with some friends...it's just a pity it's the sharks v cowboys....hopefully one of them turns up.

KHunt

Juniors
What great two teams to use to promote our game. Sharks are more boring then watching grass grow and Cowboys usually drop the ball every 42 seconds.

MsStorm

Bench
Hope Gallop shows gets to Adelaide a week before the game and gets his head on as many tv and radio stations as possible.

Same with the sharks and cowboys players...get out there and promote the game.

Golden opportunity seeing there is no afl game.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Ah, the pre-emptive excuses for the sh*t crowd that will be there.

With all due respect if the AFL decided to play a game in New Zealand featuring last v a side that has a winning percentage of 15% in it's last 23 matches would people even bother to cross the street to watch it ?