What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

props for 2011

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Good on Mark Ioane canberra have an awesome pack.
But he could learn alot of them.

However he will be spending most of his time at Souths Logan.

As for I disagree.
I think Neecrom Areatii has the most potentia (with beau king no longer with warriors).
Good physique / height + fittest prop at the club and a great attitude.

As for Props have a look at the roosters.
They have a number of props are 18,19 & 20.

Have a look at Lopini Paea - give a two year contract.
I rated him highly when roosters were going throught their crap form.
Tongan captain - Good island boy will be a good influence on NYC squad also which will contain a fair few tongan boys next year for sure.

Don't know about an U20 stepping up. The best of them, Mark Ioane, is off to Canberra. I'm gutted about that, Ioane is an epic talent.

Hey Iafeta did someone tell you this news? Or is there an article somewhere because I have completely missed this news LOL

tezzah

Juniors
Neecrom is ok- has good potential and size 190cm. Would check his headspace when it comes to the work ethic on and off the field. Beau King would be the in betweener prop forward of both Neecrom and Mark Ioane with size, work rate and strong hit ups...seems to have disappeared though? Mark to me seems a lot like former NYC prop Eddie Purcell- strong, good work ethic but not quite going to cut the mustard esp at prop (modest 183cm/6 foot) with the big burleigh props Canberra & NSW Country clubs generate. Likely turn out like Feks Paleasina. Best of luck to them!!!

jaseg

Juniors
hows about that for irony, raiders poaching a young gun (2 of you think of them profiting from blake ferguson's decision to bail on the sharks)

warriors are probably alright for 2011 with their current stocks, but who wouldn't love to see james graham coming into their club

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Neecrom is ok- has good potential and size 190cm. Would check his headspace when it comes to the work ethic on and off the field. Beau King would be the in betweener prop forward of both Neecrom and Mark Ioane with size, work rate and strong hit ups...seems to have disappeared though? Mark to me seems a lot like former NYC prop Eddie Purcell- strong, good work ethic but not quite going to cut the mustard esp at prop (modest 183cm/6 foot) with the big burleigh props Canberra & NSW Country clubs generate. Likely turn out like Feks Paleasina. Best of luck to them!!!

Yeah Mark similar build to Ricky Thorby / Moimoi.
to be sucessful he going to have to be as powerhouse as possible but maintain decent fitness level.

Neecrom = plays 80 mins when playing club footy.
Pretty fit - dont drink etc & full of enthusiasm.
Always keen to put his hand up - however like any young prop will need learn finer points of props. footwork etc, positioning at impact.

Rich102

Staff member
All this talk just highlights how much we need a proper reserve-grade competition.

Skinner

Coach
All this talk just highlights how much we need a proper reserve-grade competition.

For sure. I would reinstate Jersey Flegg for U18's (non compulsory for the clubs) and go back to having a reggies comp for every NRL club.

Who knows what the new regime (if it ever kicks off) may come up with.

ozbash

Referee
Hey Iafeta did someone tell you this news? Or is there an article somewhere because I have completely missed this news LOL

thats odd, the warriors signed him to the nrl squad about 6 weeks ago (or so I thought) along with Glien Fisiahi, Matt Robinson, Ivan Penehi ....

Iafeta

Referee
I didn't see the Ioane resigning announcement. Polar Bob from wazzas is usually on the mark, he's the source, reckons it was on nrl.com on a video package.

Martli

Coach
I had a quick google of "Mark Ioane Canberra" and only found a link to a video that doesn't seem to work any more.

Skinner

Coach
There is an article somewhere. I'll see if I can find it. PB would be on the nail though.

Lossy

Juniors
I didn't see the Ioane resigning announcement. Polar Bob from wazzas is usually on the mark, he's the source, reckons it was on nrl.com on a video package.

Aye. I linked to it on Wazza's too. Here 'tis.

It's video, so bandwidth beware. Default will be top quality so change it to low before it loads. John Ackland's interview with Fittler and Gibbs is only a few minutes in and it's 18 mins long. They talk to David Kidwell as well.

Ackland mentions Mark Ioane to Canberra, and the others that we already knew; Niko to Storm, and Likiliki to Newcastle. Apparently 9 of this year's team will still be eligible next year, so more continuity for us.

Lossy

Juniors
bugger, was hoping it was a mistake.

he is a good player.

Yep. Just bad timing really. A lot of young ones in the team (Packer, Rapira, Matulino) or marked for it (Poching, Gavet).

Glad the Warriors did right by him and hooked him up with a club. Too good to go to waste.