What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS3 vs XBOX 360

Alright, alright. People should know that I am a Wii owner. Later in the year we are moving, and we would like to buy ourselves one of these consoles. So, in the opinions of people here, which is better? At the moment I am leaning towards the PS3.

PS3
- Metal Gear Solid 4
- PSone classics
- Blu-Ray player inclusion

Can anybody sway me to which is better?

adamkungl

Immortal
Both pretty similar.
Xbox360 arguably has a stronger online, but for a price of about $70 a year.
PS3 has a blu ray player but costs $200 more.
Graphic wise very similar, PS3 is techincally more capable but in general multiplatform games seem to perform better on the 360.
Both have smaller, downloadable games available - Xbox Live Arcade has by far the better library.

Basically its a decision of whetehr you want a Blu Ray player (do you have a HDTV anyway?) and which of these games interests you more:

PS3:
LittleBigPlanet
Metal Gear Solid
Uncharted
Resistance
God of War
Demon's Souls
Ratchet and Clank
Wipeout
Tekken

Xbox 360:
Mass Effect
Halo
Gears of War
Orange Box
Forza
Fable
Left 4 Dead

PS3 has more good exclusives, and more varied ones at that (in terms of genres) imo. but I have a 360 and can safely say its the best console I've ever bought.

Munky

Coach
I have both and the 360 gets all my gaming love. I buy all multi platform releases on the 360.

The PS3 is still awesome and is good value when you consider the Blu Ray and media capabilities.

ATM the only ones I have on the Wii that are multi-platform are the Guitar Hero/Rock Band games and FIFA. FIFA I'd buy on the new one, considering it's a whole different game.

Not to sure on GH/RB, don't think there is much difference, if, it all.
The main thing that does lead me towards the PS3 is the exclusives, but since I haven't seen most of the 360 ones, I should check them out on Youtube or something.

PS3 is the better i think. 360 is only good for online play but you have to pay for that experiance, but its free on ps3 and you still get to play real people. i have both and my 360 is going to be sold because i just dont enjoy it as much. the controllers for ps3 are much better and Uncharted is on the ps3. but it is up to you but i think ps3 is better

adamkungl

Immortal
Not sure tbh, i've never played ps3 online.
X360s library of downloadable games is far more impressive than PS3s though. not that its really relevant to the online discussion...

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'll preface this by saying I am a PS3 owner and have only sporadically played Xbox 360. I'll also add I'm not really a fanboy - I'd have an Xbox 360 if it weren't for the lack of time!

But to me, the PS3 is one of the best all around gaming consoles going around. Reasons:

* By now, the have an excellent catalogue of games, including: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots, GTA IV, Killzone 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Grand Turismo series, Borderlands, the Call Of Duty series, etc. (I realise some are not PS3 exlcusive)

* It is powerful as hell and the true capabilities are still being explored; I thought GTA IV had mad graphics and they're telling people they only really used like 50% of the machine's abilities

* The online system (I'm not an online gamer tbh) is easy. I've heard Xbox is better though.

* Wireless controllers (Not a console exclusive but a massive plus)

* Blu Ray player

* Storage for audio, video, photos, etc.

It's more than a console to me - it's a multimedia solution.

But like I said - I'm not against the Xbox. It's a fine machine.

Frederick

Staff member
PS3 is the better i think. 360 is only good for online play but you have to pay for that experiance, but its free on ps3 and you still get to play real people. i have both and my 360 is going to be sold because i just dont enjoy it as much. the controllers for ps3 are much better and Uncharted is on the ps3. but it is up to you but i think ps3 is better
I find I actually prefer the Xbox 360 controllers...they just seem to fit in the hand better than the PS3 controller

Jono078

Referee
Hate the 360 controllers. There's a reason the dual shock has been around for so long.

Plus you need to buy batteries for 360 controller.

Ps3 online is free.

360 is already starting to struggle with fitting games on 1 DVD disk. Ps3 bluray disks still have plenty of storage space.

And also now you could argue it's 360 holding the ps3 back because most multi platform games are being made for 360 then ported to ps3.

Ps3 still has a lot of upturn to it while 360 has just about reached it's limits IMO.

adamkungl

Immortal
360 Controls > dualshock... always hated the dualshock, the left joystick is located in the wrong place.

Jono078

Referee
I don't think so.

You also don't have this big battery pack in the way on the back of the controller.

Anyway, I didn't like how this thread didn't get fired up a bit, I'm trying to get it going, in the PS3 > 360 sort of way :p

adamkungl

Immortal
I don't think so.

You also don't have this big battery pack in the way on the back of the controller.

Anyway, I didn't like how this thread didn't get fired up a bit, I'm trying to get it going, in the PS3 > 360 sort of way :p

In the way? There's nothing on the back to be in the way of!

Latest posts