What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS4 Release date announced!!!

jargan83

Coach
Picked mine up and just clearing some space for it

Hopefully will be into some Killzone or Fifa before too long!

Munky

Coach
Battlefield 4 and Killzone look insanely good.

I had to update via USB as I was having problems with the download.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=429440&page=3

The PS4 is handing out serious ownage in the Digital Foundry comparisons to the XBone. As the tech heads in the comments point out that since they are similar architecture there is no way for the XB to ever come close to the PS4 as the PS4 just has so much more grunt under the bonnet.

jargan83

Coach
Killzone looks amazing

Went online briefly and set up a new account as I haven't been online since the hacking debacle a while back

Parra Pride

Referee
Going by reviews that's all Killzone is, a game that looks amazing. I was actually considering picking it up when I eventually grab one, but reviews have done nothing but turn me off it.

natheel

Coach
I've preordered assassins creed black flag can't wait. Mine comes mid December picked up all my accessories today sitting there teasing me

Munky

Coach
Going by reviews that's all Killzone is, a game that looks amazing. I was actually considering picking it up when I eventually grab one, but reviews have done nothing but turn me off it.

It plays well IMO.

It got hammered in reviews due to it not bringing anything new to the genre and isn't "Next Gen". Gametrailers who I trust for their reviews gave it an 8.8/10 which isn't bad.

TBH I can't think of a genre defining FPS since 2007 when Bioshock and Modern Warfare were released.

Still none of the launch games hold a candle to Rocksmith 2014.
The multiplayer is said to be excellent too (I haven't payed yet, Rush in BF4 FTW.)

From what I have played it is no worse or better than the KZ games on the PS3.

You also have that Microsoft lackey Adam Sessler giving it 4/10 while he gave Forza 5/5. Even though Forza is a shadow of its predecessor in terms of content and has a Free to Play model for progression requiring real cash to get access to new cars at a decent rate.

Still none of the launch games can hold a candle to Rocksmith 2014

Last edited:

BranVan3000

Coach
xe8cd.gif

I think Sony have a hit lol

Parra Pride

Referee
Thats one thing I'm not overly excited about, I've never been a fan of the PS controllers, it's one of the reasons I went for 360 with all my multiplatform games. The Xbone control is really nice when you're holding it, the PS4 control has a big fight on it's hands to compete.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Thats one thing I'm not overly excited about, I've never been a fan of the PS controllers, it's one of the reasons I went for 360 with all my multiplatform games. The Xbone control is really nice when you're holding it, the PS4 control has a big fight on it's hands to compete.

I hated the PS3 controller with a passion, its a big reason why I barely played my ps3, with the exception for exclusives. After a couple of weeks with the ps4 controller, its a mile better than the 360 controller, and I prefer it to the xbox one's one in the limited time I've had with it (can't stand the shoulder buttons on the one, and I find the sticks have regressed compared to the 360). Everything that was wrong with the DS3 has been improved massively.

That 'fight' is virtually non-existent now. Very little differentiates the two now.

Slackboy72

Coach
Killzone looks amazing

Went online briefly and set up a new account as I haven't been online since the hacking debacle a while back

Had a quick MP on Killzone this morning before coming to work. 4 kills, 3 deaths. I have to say it is insanely good looking compared to PS3 and even many PC games. I do have some minor issues with it's but well worth the $79.

NBA2K14 is also a standout.

And War Thunder. How cool is it when you get your wings ripped off.

Latest posts