What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS5

soc123_au

Staff member
I'm getting a free PS5, boi!

Only caveat is I have to wait until February.

I actually pre-ordered, and paid for, mine a few days ago, and a mate found out about it. He's going to pay me the money I put down on my pre-ordee, plus he will pay me cash to purchase a new one when the next units become available around February or so.

I have to wait, but a free PS5 ain't bad!
Gotta be happy with that. The only reason I'm getting one now is I was going to upgrade to a PS4 pro, but put it off to wait for the 5. The first PS5 exclusive I'm likely to get is GT7 when it drops hopefully early next year.

Zoidberg

First Grade
What games to buy on launch day?
Haven’t pre-ordered anything yet but I’m thinking Spider-man Miles and Godfall. Looking for another one or 2 but can’t decide what to get.

Pommy

Coach
Haven’t pre-ordered anything yet but I’m thinking Spider-man Miles and Godfall. Looking for another one or 2 but can’t decide what to get.

I’m getting Valhalla on launch day and COD the day after.

Xcalibre

Juniors

Spidey is a good call. It looks sick. Godfall, I'm not sure about. Initially I thought it looked cool but from internet commentary it seems like it might be lame.

I'd get Demon's Souls and AC Valhalla for another two, but depends what you're into. Dirt 5 and WRC if you're into racing. Planet Coaster might be fun. I'm considering getting that eventually.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I do feel like there’s not much to offer on release that is a must get for me. Just have to have patience.

Frederick

Staff member
Got it all worked out - my current phone plan is up in December. Once it's up I'm going straight to JB to sign up to a Telstra $69/month contract, which will gift me a $400 JB gift card. Said gift card will be used towards a PS5 when they come back in stock. My current PS4 will then be traded in to EB to use towards games

Smarter, not harder

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
I just got my shipping confirmation from Amazon. They dont actually ship them until tomorrow. ETA of Friday or Monday. Hopefully I've got it for the weekend.

I'm happy I've got confirmation at least. Apparently half the X Box Series X orders wont arrive until the end of December from Amazon.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I just got my shipping confirmation from Amazon. They dont actually ship them until tomorrow. ETA of Friday or Monday. Hopefully I've got it for the weekend.

I'm happy I've got confirmation at least. Apparently half the X Box Series X orders wont arrive until the end of December from Amazon.
f**k you

axl rose

Bench
Doesn't look like there will ever be another Fight Night. But still keen for a next gen boxing game

That will do it. A 2nd one will keep you busy.

I'd forgotten what a headf**k a newborn is, survived nearly 3 months now. ha ha.
You'll be alright. Those are the hardest.

soc123_au

Staff member
You'll be alright. Those are the hardest.

Yeah, it doesn't last forever. I just thought I was done with all that. My other 3 are 30, 19 & 13. I figured I'd be shooting dust by now. lol.

In other news I had a message from Fastways this morning saying my PS5 was arriving today. Then an hour later a new message saying it's been delayed until next Monday. The tracking says it's in Sydney, useless merkins should be able to deliver to Sydney metro before next week. I called them & they aren't particularly helpful.

soc123_au

Staff member
Well it seems my whinge to Fastways worked. The PS5 arrived yesterday. The thing is f**king huge, I knew it was supposed to be pretty big, but was still surprised at the size of it when I unpacked it.

Got it set up & started to have a bit of a play. After a few minutes it kept going into rest mode. Press the PS button & it wakes back up & puts you back where you were. Tried a few times & couldn't get more than 10 minutes without it happening. Did a quick search online & it seems others are having similar problems. The suggestion seemed to be turning off the ability to go into rest mode in the settings. Tried that & it made no difference. I called the Sony support number & we tried a few things, safe mode, reset etc. Still just wanted to go to sleep.

After the game finished last night I did a bit more searching. Found a thread on reddit that suggested turning off the HDMI link in settings. How that will make a difference makes no sense to me, but gave it a go. Problem solved, played for about an hour after that with no issues.

The new controller is amazing. I'm not really into platform games, but gave Astros Playroom a go once the issues were sorted. The feedback through the controller is nuts & the haptic triggers are very cool. I thought the X Box elite controller was the benchmark, but the Duel Sense is on a whole new level. You even blow on the thing to get a propeller spinning, hopefully a lot of the next gen games make full use of it. The only other game I played was GT Sport, the loading times seem a lot faster now & the graphics are sharper, other than that no difference.

Now the wait for some next gen games I'm interested in. GT7 is still a while off, so might give Cyber Punk a go when it drops.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Only issue I’ve had since picking this up launch day was to do with trying to transfer games and saves from my PS4, apart from that no problem.
Loved Astros Playroom and it really shows off the potential of the dual sense controller. Can’t wait to play a good FPS with it (not a COD fan so o didn’t get that).

mongoose

Coach
Missus and I got a X box series X... (she was able to order it through her work). It's also huge... There seems to be quite a few more exclusive titles already out for PS5 than the X box though. I'm waiting for Cyberpunk 2077...

Exsilium

First Grade
Having built my gaming PC and set up the gaming room with all of the bits I wanted, I can’t see the value in another console.

That being said, I’ll end up buying one because of one exclusive title I want to play and then it’ll sit there catching dust.

Latest posts