What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Transport to ANZ Stadium

souths1908

Juniors
This is awesome. As a bunnies fan living in Newcastle it will make it so much cheaper to get to the games. Hopefully this will help crowd numbers for ANZ based clubs and show the benefit of a centralised stadium policy for the others.

Surely a similar thing will come into play once the light rail lines to Moore Park are completed.

Rodney

Juniors
Good news for Sydney fans, I'm sure Boozeface will have something to bitch about in the paper tomorrow

There might be free train rides, but the hot dogs at the stadium still cost over $3.
The NRL is squeezing the working family dry.
And even though you get to the game and back for free tickets to the game still cost money! Too much for a poor western sydney family, on the dole, supporting 7 kids. How is the average 7 kids dole family supposed to afford to go to the footy and buy hotdogs Mr. Smith?

Not to mention the blatant attack on the sharks by not having direct train services to shark park for our 7 fans!

slm9

Juniors
The media release mentions trains only, will this be extended to buses and ferries?

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
The media release mentions trains only, will this be extended to buses and ferries?

I don't think so. The email I got from the Bulldogs mentions trains only as well.

TRAIN TRAVEL TO NRL GAMES AT ANZ STADIUM AT NO EXTRA COST

NRL members and fans will enjoy train travel as part of their tickets to all Telstra Premiership games at ANZ Stadium in 2014.

The deal, announced by NRL Chief Executive, Mr Dave Smith, at tonight?s NRL Season Launch, is part of a $2 million drive to improve fan experience in 2014.

Valheru

Coach
This is great stuff and the free travel should be extended to games at the SFS or any ground that matter. The direct trains from Central are well overdue; the location is bad enough without having to catch 3 trains. This will be of particular benefit to Friday night games.

maccattack

Juniors
It's definitely a good time to be a League supporter. After all the heartache of recent years, all these little wins are so sweet.

Bamboujikin

Juniors
This is great stuff and the free travel should be extended to games at the SFS or any ground that matter. The direct trains from Central are well overdue; the location is bad enough without having to catch 3 trains. This will be of particular benefit to Friday night games.

100% agree with this. Especially being from out of state this allows me to stay in the City or anywhere I choose, rather than trying to stay as close to Homebush as possible.

some11

Referee
I didn't know this wasn't already the case.

Buses and trains to Suncorp have been included for any event there since I have been going.

For mine, the best part of this is not that the transport will be free. I most cases you find that transport from the city to olympic park is already covered by weekly tickets and the like anyway for those who work in the city.

The best part is the (almost) express trains going direct from central to OP. Travelling from North Sydney to Olympic Park used to be a nightmare for me as I'd have to wait for an all stations train at North Sydney (sometimes 10 - 15 minutes) so I could get off at Lidcombe and swap over. If you missed the connection at lidcombe, it was a 10 minute wait on the sprint platform for a connecting train.

Now I can take the first train I see at North Sydney straight to central, hop off there and cross over for the express. Should wipe somewhere between 10 and 25 minutes off the trip.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Still..it is ANZ Stadium which looks awful any less than 45,000 people in it. That said the free train might get me to 1-2 neutral games. I prefer SFS though!

Latest posts