What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pump your brakes people!

The teams coming good people a few on this forum spent their their dough before they earnt it ,we"ll go alright in the next month mary is installing a mindset and culture it's had its casualties and will take time but after tonight I think the team will go alright this year patience people patience!GO THE SAINTS!

bottle

Coach
Was ugly, but 2 points is two points.
Defence and some commitment. I just want to see them compete each week.
I'm happy.

64 Dragon

Coach
We need to score more points. Our for and against is starting to spiral out of control again. Apart from the Cowboys, who have a game in hand, we have the worst points for.

lafai

Bench
Aitken is a great player, Nabuli is solid, Nightingale and theDugan have been good.. Your defense and forwards have been pretty good this year, Merrin starting makes you guys much better. Only problem is your halves. Also that coach lol.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
We need to score more points. Our for and against is starting to spiral out of control again. Apart from the Cowboys, who have a game in hand, we have the worst points for.

I agree we need to score more points but I am glad that we are start to become the white wall of wollongong again. Over the first 4 rounds we will be either the 2nd or 3rd best defensive side depending on how the cowboys go.
The two minor premierships and premiership of the bennett era were built on the fact that we defended teams out of the game.
I believe that our attack will keep getting better, there were plenty of opportunities last night that will stick in the future. Aitken could have passed to nabuli, Widdop could have gone through the hands instead of trying a huge cut out, dugan could have passed to widdop on that last play in the first half etc etc.
We have forced more drop outs than any other team, made more metres than most teams and defended as well as the top tier sides.
The formula is there.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I agree we need to score more points but I am glad that we are start to become the white wall of wollongong again. Over the first 4 rounds we will be either the 2nd or 3rd best defensive side depending on how the cowboys go.
The two minor premierships and premiership of the bennett era were built on the fact that we defended teams out of the game.
I believe that our attack will keep getting better, there were plenty of opportunities last night that will stick in the future. Aitken could have passed to nabuli, Widdop could have gone through the hands instead of trying a huge cut out, dugan could have passed to widdop on that last play in the first half etc etc.
We have forced more drop outs than any other team, made more metres than most teams and defended as well as the top tier sides.
The formula is there.
I think that it will be a season of ups and downs
We have potential for a midfield finish unless the injuries of ourselves or others dictate otherwise.

dino2170

Juniors
you are all heading to the mental farm. saints win one match and you all think we have turned the corner
fact 1- manly was playing busted
fact 2- we couldnt score more than 1 try
fact 3- we had the ball much more than they did
fact 3- they only had one reserve for over 10 minutes at the end
fact 4- we didnt create line breaks
fact 5- we didnt make them pay for their mistakes
fact 6- we did defend good against a team full of injuries
fact 7- numerous times we went from side to side of the field without making real ground

YOU MUST BE ALL JOKING IF YOU SAINTS CAN RECOVER FROM THIS DEBACLE UNLESS WE HAVE PROPER ATTACK STRUCTURES IN PLACE

WE ARE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE WHOLE NRL

tumbidragon

First Grade
you are all heading to the mental farm. saints win one match and you all think we have turned the corner
fact 1- manly was playing busted
fact 2- we couldnt score more than 1 try
fact 3- we had the ball much more than they did
fact 3- they only had one reserve for over 10 minutes at the end
fact 4- we didnt create line breaks
fact 5- we didnt make them pay for their mistakes
fact 6- we did defend good against a team full of injuries
fact 7- numerous times we went from side to side of the field without making real ground

YOU MUST BE ALL JOKING IF YOU SAINTS CAN RECOVER FROM THIS DEBACLE UNLESS WE HAVE PROPER ATTACK STRUCTURES IN PLACE

WE ARE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE WHOLE NRL
fact 1- We busted them..
fact 2- (valid point)
fact 3- See fact 1!.
fact 3- See fact 1!
fact 4- Had 2 according to https://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiership/clubstats/tabid/tabid/10254/roundid/1277/default.aspx
fact 5- (valid point)
fact 6- See fact 1!
fact 7- Halves have been diabolical.

dragon4

Juniors
I would like to suggest that the "Save Our Saints" Campaign continues......at least the players are responding to it on the field.......but a win over an injury riddled Manly is nothing to crow about.....

tumbidragon

First Grade
I would like to suggest that the "Save Our Saints" Campaign continues......at least the players are responding to it on the field.......but a win over an injury riddled Manly is nothing to crow about.....

Agree, but not for said reasons.
We most certainty DO need change at the top. I personally belieive the players give zero f**ks about SOS. But a few wins should not distract the movement from it's legitimate concerns.
I'm all bout the 'Oust Doust'.