What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

punk rock/emo bands

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
HevyDevy said:
You like Burzum?

Nazi

:lol:

:lol: I also have Aybssic Hate, Nokturnal Mortum and Graveland stuff in my music library.... can't say the latter two do much for me though. Burzum and Abyssic are pretty damn cool however, although Varg Vikernes and Shane Rout are dicks though.

carcharias said:
WTF is an emo band?

I have never actually found out...is "emo" short for something?

Emo music = Dashboard Confessional, Taking Back Sunday etc...

Panic! At the disco are good. I never believed they were emo however. These days, emo is whatever you want emo to be, no matter what you say, everyone will have a different opinion. Stupid if you ask me, but hey, that's just me.

rock_on_knights said:
Emo music = Dashboard Confessional, Taking Back Sunday etc...

Panic! At the disco are good. I never believed they were emo however. These days, emo is whatever you want emo to be, no matter what you say, everyone will have a different opinion. Stupid if you ask me, but hey, that's just me.

I don't think that really answered the question. Emo is supposedly short for 'Emotive Hardcore' or simply just 'Emotional Wussy Teenagers In Eyeliner With Long Fringes'

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Weasels Ripped My Flesh said:
...or simply just 'Emotional Wussy Teenagers In Eyeliner With Long Fringes'

Sounds like P!ATD to me:
panicatthedisco2.jpg

Red Bear

Referee
I'm a fan of
Frenzal Rhomb, Dead Kennedys, NoFX, Rancid, Pennywise, Ramones, Stiff Little Fingers, Dropkick Murphys, Rise Against, Some Clash, Pistols(occasionally) Strung Out, The Damned Black Flag, Minor Threat and others.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Weasels Ripped My Flesh said:
More people our age need to know more of the Hard-On's - the best damned aussie punk band of all time.

Good ol' Raymond Ahn at Utopia. Saw them open for the Foo Fighters a little while ago. Great aussie punk band.

JoeysWheelchair

Juniors
Fugazi aren't punk, they're not really under any 'genre' they're kind of their own thing. Sort of like Mars Volta, being unique compared to other genres.

As for Panic! At the Disco, definitely aren't punk, perhaps emo is more suitable.

Latest posts