What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purely hypothetical thread

Eelementary

Post Whore
First off, I want to say I am not getting ahead of myself. This is merely a hypothetical.

Secondly, thanks to the poster who originally thought up the "hypotheticals" concept :lol:.

Now, IF we make the Grand Final...And Nathan Cayless is seemingly out for the season...Would he play, do you reckon?

I ask because I would love to see us win - but I would hate to see him miss out on a Premiership ring. Hindmarsh and Cayless, in my opinion, are the berst players at the club and our captain (alongside Big Bum) is the heart and sould of our team (in my eyes).

So what do you guys reckon?

yy_cheng

Coach
I asked this question last year when Hindy was injured. Apparently he does.

If he plays unfit and we lose, it wouldn't go down to well.

You do what's best for the team, not for one individual player.

Stagger eel

Staff member
it's not about whether he's fit or not it's whether or not he'll risk permanant damage to his eye...that's non-negotiable.

Arhhh as I said of Ian Henderson last year. Because he played for the Premiership Club in the premiership year. They get a Ring

Stringer would get a Ring as well.

Hellsy

Immortal
Nothing would match actually playing though!!!
I would use Caylo as judgement, he is not stupid, if he thinks he can play and offer the team something, I would let him

RAM

Juniors
My question would be - If they did make the GF, who would you drop to let him then play? If someone has had to fill the gap in his absence ( and made a great job of it). Is it fair to drop them for a 50% fit person, just so they can play in a GF?

pazzaeel

Juniors
didnt johnathon thurston give steve price his premiership ring when price was injured for the GF against the roosters?

eelz47

Coach
pazzaeel said:
didnt johnathon thurston give steve price his premiership ring when price was injured for the GF against the roosters?

yes he did, they only make 17

The Colonel

Immortal
RAM said:
My question would be - If they did make the GF, who would you drop to let him then play? If someone has had to fill the gap in his absence ( and made a great job of it). Is it fair to drop them for a 50% fit person, just so they can play in a GF?

His level of fitness would hardly be in question - yes he may not have played games but it is a facial injury and won't prevent him from completing non-contact training. Same goes for Fui and Peek.

I doubt anyone in the team would begrudge giving their place up for Nathan if he is able to play. I'm pretty sure Nathan would also not wish to play if he didn't think he had something to offer the team.

The Colonel

Immortal
eelz47 said:
yes he did, they only make 17

Actually they hand out 17 on game day. The rest of the players who make up the squad will receive their premiership rings at a later date.

strider

Post Whore
yeah don't the NRL give out so many (more than 17, but i'm not sure how many) - and then i think the club can have others made up at their own expense??

eelz47

Coach
The Colonel said:
Actually they hand out 17 on game day. The rest of the players who make up the squad will receive their premiership rings at a later date.

so if there is 50 players they make 50 rings?

and thurston only did that to look nice on tv then, knowing all well he would get one at a later date?

The Colonel

Immortal
eelz47 said:
so if there is 50 players they make 50 rings?

and thurston only did that to look nice on tv then, knowing all well he would get one at a later date?

Not necessarily - I think if you played first grade during the season then you are given a ring.

If I remember correctly I'm pretty sure that the reason why Thurston gave up his ring was because he didn't think Price would get one. It wasn't until later that they told him.....

The Colonel said:
Not necessarily - I think if you played first grade during the season then you are given a ring.

If I remember correctly I'm pretty sure that the reason why Thurston gave up his ring was because he didn't think Price would get one. It wasn't until later that they told him.....

Yep and Yep.

<UPtheEELS> said:
Thurston is specual.

Nah just not informed, I spoke with Paul Stringer and we were speaking about if the team got the premiership, I said you still get the Ring, he said yep which would be nice.

yy_cheng

Coach
Don;t they get them from those machines at the corner shop where you insert 20c, turn the dial, and the ring pops out in a plastic egg?

Eelementary

Post Whore
MarkInTheStands said:
Arhhh as I said of Ian Henderson last year. Because he played for the Premiership Club in the premiership year. They get a Ring

Stringer would get a Ring as well.

That's all I needed to know. I would love to win - but I would love more too see our courageous captain get some recognition. I was under the impression he could only get that if he played. I would NEVER put his health at risk, by the way.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The Colonel said:

Thanks, mate! You've put my mind at ease!

As someone else said - getting a ring doesn't compare to playing. But if his health isn't good enough to play, I would still love to see him get a ring. He bloody deserves it.

All this is saying if we make and win the Grand Final, of course.