What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Q: Best club over the last 5 years?

POPEYE

Coach
The Storm has been the best over the last 12 years on average but the last 5 . . . wouldn't have a clue

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I thought it said 'club', not 'coach', POPEYE....

As for the Storm, they are supposedly valid this year. Some might feel they won't be valid until they no longer have Smith, Cronk and Slater. For mine, the penalty has been served - but it doesn't mean I have to like 'em!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i'd love to say the dragons, i really would, but we were just awful in 2007 and not much better in 2008..

Anyone who says the storm clearly has no idea about rugby league..

I'd have to say the eagles..

2 grand finals, one title (massive win over the cheats) and pretty sure they've made the finals every year (not sure bout 2009 tho..)

And a shout out must go to souffs.. Not the most successful team of past 5 years, but last 5 years have been their most successful in the last 21 years..

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
:roll:

I agree with POPEYE.

The Storm should have been able to have a 58 Billion dollar salary cap and play with cyborgs equipped with rocket launchers and sharks with freakin' laser beams on their heads.
It's wrong to expect other clubs to be able to compete in a financially equal comp with Bellamy, world famous coach/yabby breeder and all other clubs should be erased from the face of the earth for having the temerity to dare exist before, during or after the greatness that is the Storm.

For actual storm fans - I'm joking. Relax.

As for the best club over the last 5 years, improvement should count for something and the warriors are not the best over that time, but kudos for moving in the right direction.

Best club overall has no doubt though. Brunswick Bowls Club.

POPEYE

Coach
Pity we can't go back 5 years and place Smith in Melbourne, Bellamy at the Roosters, Bennett the Raiders and Hasler at Souths. . . no need to change any of the players

LatK7

First Grade
Manly or Saints.

07, 08 Manly were outstanding. Not bad the following few years.
Saints were shocking in 07, better in 08, great in 09, 10 and most of 11.

Earl

Coach
Anyone who doesn't say Melbourne is a f**ktard, and has no idea about Rugby League and should either top themselves or find another hobby.

Garts

Bench
Anyone who doesn't say Melbourne is a f**ktard, and has no idea about Rugby League and should either top themselves or find another hobby.

True. Melbourne were the best in the last 5 years, just like Ben Johnson was the best sprinter at the 1988 Olympics.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member

Perhaps.

Or the more likely conclusion is that either:

A) People may not be Storm fans

or

B) You've been living under a rock for the last 18 months.

It could be both.

But if being based in reality means I'm a f##ktard in your eyes, so be it.

POPEYE

Coach
True. Melbourne were the best in the last 5 years, just like Ben Johnson was the best sprinter at the 1988 Olympics.

Tried giving my grandson $10 for winning his cross-country but he told me money couldn't make him run faster and he did well because he could.

Latest posts