What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Q: Best club over the last 5 years?

Earl

Coach
In the last 5 years? No

The last 5 years shows Melbourne has 0 premierships and 1 wooden spoon. I'm pretty sure you'll find that's comparable to Cronulla, the Roosters or the Bulldogs.

Ahh very true. I neglected the 5 years.

So its 0 premierships, 2 grand final wins & 1 wooden spoon.

Still pretty good.

0 titles in the last 5 years. 0 points in one of those years. 2 stripped titles for cheating.

Not even close to the best team over the last 5 years. They're null and void.

Don't be like that. They still played pretty good. They made the finals every year except 2010. Bit hard done by in that year though I reckon.

HowHigh

Coach
Probably Manly, followed by the Dragons.
A lot of the other teams are very inconsistent.

Storm are not included in this for obvious reasons.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Manly I reckon, were very very dominant in 08, were probably the real premiers in 07 and will be right up there again this year. Dragons just behind, with a premiership and 2 MP's, as well as only missing the finals once in that time.
Melbourne aren't mentioned, because they haven't made the finals since 2005 and their inclusion is laughable.

HowHigh

Coach
Manly I reckon, were very very dominant in 08, were probably the real premiers in 07 and will be right up there again this year. Dragons just behind, with a premiership and 2 MP's, as well as only missing the finals once in that time.
Melbourne aren't mentioned, because they haven't made the finals since 2005 and their inclusion is laughable.
I like to think they made the finals in 08....getting beaten 40-0 while rorting the salary cap is pretty damn funny

Lowdown

Juniors
A quick check of all teams winning percentage over the last five years concludes:

Storm.

[/Thread]

Slackboy72

Coach
I'm surprised that noone has mentioned the Broncos.
They sure as hell have enough dumb merkins for fans.

Butters

Bench
I'm gonna have to agree with Earl on this one.

Melbourne 06-10 was the best thing to happen to rugby league. And now in 2011 Melbourne are poised to claim yet another title to add to their collection and start a new era of dominance. :cool:

firechild

First Grade
Winning percentage is meaningless when you've been cheating.

Manly played their final matches in 2007, 2008 and 2009 against Melbourne. They did well to win a premiership against a side with a million dollars more worth of talent.

Butters

Bench
Winning percentage is meaningless when you've been cheating.

Manly played their final matches in 2007, 2008 and 2009 against Melbourne. They did well to win a premiership against a side with a million dollars more worth of talent.

It's alot easier to win finals when your oppositions captain and key playmaker has been rubbed out by the NRL...

Latest posts