What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Q: Best club over the last 5 years?

user_nat

Coach
Tried giving my grandson $10 for winning his cross-country but he told me money couldn't make him run faster and he did well because he could.

You really are a bit dumb.

You do know this is a team sport right? Paying players extra doesn't make them play better, but it does keep them at your club.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Tried giving my grandson $10 for winning his cross-country but he told me money couldn't make him run faster and he did well because he could.

minizoom.jpg

Nice Beaver

First Grade

hahahaha I can't believe there are people this stupid out there! No shit having more money in your pocket doesn't make you play better Einstein.
But how is that remotely close to the point of cheating the salary cap? If you retain players illegally that other clubs cannot but because you are paying over the cap then you are a cheating club. It doesn't matter what they paid the individuals. Its the concept of fielding a team over and above what every other team is allowed to field due to illegal activity. Not a difficult concept to grasp one would have thought :roll:
Anyway, Manly followed by the Dragons over the past 5 years.

firechild

First Grade
i'd love to say the dragons, i really would, but we were just awful in 2007 and not much better in 2008..

Anyone who says the storm clearly has no idea about rugby league..

I'd have to say the eagles..

2 grand finals, one title (massive win over the cheats) and pretty sure they've made the finals every year (not sure bout 2009 tho..)

And a shout out must go to souffs.. Not the most successful team of past 5 years, but last 5 years have been their most successful in the last 21 years..

Manly finished 5th in 2009 and were eliminated by Melbourne after both St Merge and the Titans lost their opening matches.

Saint Doc

Coach
Gotta give credit to Manly and Hasler here. Most teams success is cyclical. They have a 2 or 3 year window to win, and their chance is gone.

Look at the pattern of results under Hasler. Manly should have finished 12th-14th the way their graph of results was going. Haslers ability to get them back to the top, with a rookie half, and a 2nd year 5/th, is remarkable. No big signings for Manly ala the Dogs (bought not bred) - Hasler has done a great job.

Under Hasler:

2004: 13th
2005: 8th - out week 1
2006: 5th - out week 2
2007: 2nd - runners up
2008: equal 1st - premiers
2009: 5th - out week 1
2010: 8th - out week 1
2011: 2nd -

bottle

Coach
hahahaha I can't believe there are people this stupid out there! No shit having more money in your pocket doesn't make you play better Einstein.
But how is that remotely close to the point of cheating the salary cap? If you retain players illegally that other clubs cannot but because you are paying over the cap then you are a cheating club. It doesn't matter what they paid the individuals. Its the concept of fielding a team over and above what every other team is allowed to field due to illegal activity. Not a difficult concept to grasp one would have thought :roll:
Anyway, Manly followed by the Dragons over the past 5 years.

Wasting your time. he either doesn't get it or just regurgitates the same shite to annoy people.
Bellamy blah blah blah, Lottery blah blah blah, Pissing Yabbies blah blah blah, Some meaningless cliche intended to make him seem smart blah blah blah. Boring defined.

firechild

First Grade
In the last 5 years? No

The last 5 years shows Melbourne has 0 premierships and 1 wooden spoon. I'm pretty sure you'll find that's comparable to Cronulla, the Roosters or the Bulldogs.

Latest posts