What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QF 1 VS Parramatta

Hooked

Juniors
Cleary got the wraps but I though Fish was outstanding last night. He was everywhere in carting the ball up and whacking guys.
There was a hit up in the 2nd half when RCG run hard into the line, and I think he expected to crash through. Fish just belted him on impact. RCG just look stunned. Like he hit a brick wall. I love it!

WestyLife

First Grade
Cleary got the wraps but I though Fish was outstanding last night. He was everywhere in carting the ball up and whacking guys.
There was a hit up in the 2nd half when RCG run hard into the line, and I think he expected to crash through. Fish just belted him on impact. RCG just look stunned. Like he hit a brick wall. I love it!

Patted him on the head after it as well. Loved it.

Girds89

Bench
Moses kicking in that first 30 or so kept them in it imo.

We were keeping them pinned but he came up with 4 or 5 great clearing kicks that really put the pressure back on us.

Once he got hurt it was always going to go our way. Hes the key for them.

All the commenatators froth brown but hes a bit of a flat track bully. As is gutho. Moses is all class.

Parras pack is their strong suit but if you can stay close they normal fatigue.

I personally think we have another few gears.

Even in the 2nd half i felt like we were maybe 90% of what we are capable of.

So happy with all grades this weekend tho. Good times.

A few thoughts.

*The middle starters from both teams can hold their heads up high. The opening exchanges were brutal. Neither side let up.

* As @Hooked said and I agree. Fish was outstanding. His physicality was what one would expect in a big match from a top prop. Stats don't measure what he does at times. We were being tested up the middle and without him and Leota pushing back, Parra would have been all over us. Kenny held on bravery too.

* Our scrambling defence was awesome. Without the desparation Sivo probably could have scored 2/3 tries. A different match then.

* There were a few chances missed, to be expected with the team changes that has happened over the past 6 weeks. Thankfully we looked better and better as the game went on. Finals time we need to take every chance though.

* I thought the Eels stayed with us until just before To'o scored in the 50th minute mark. We just lifted the set after the Leniu penalty. Moses going off finished them off.
Cleary was smart to expose Arthur junior in defence. Parra can bounce back and shouldn't be written off.

* Cleary was outstanding as many know. Two more performances like this please.

* After Waqa Blake's 4th error he was like a wounded deer in the headlights. I almost felt sorry for him. Almost.

Fangs

Coach
Ivan is big on omens

We got pumped in White jersey in Magic Round 2019 it has now gone

We lost to Parra in the other jersey this year, So when with that

I actually like that.

I'm not superstitious but I don't want to see us in white shorts ever again.

The Realist

Juniors
Api is a great attacker. But his defense is ordinary
No he’s not. He is an excellent defender. Makes great decisions and has excellent technique. He may not smash blokes but he gets them down all the same.

And what some don’t take into account is that he covers small gaps better than any other hooker, those small gaps that appear either side of lumbering props can lead to breaks, he shuts them down because he is quicker and more agile than other hookers.

Even defending his line, how often have you seen a try go through him? Almost never because his positioning and technique is so good.

The Realist

Juniors
It really is a shame these games arent all on kayo.

Would provide an oppurtunity for blokes like luke lewis and other players trying to get inti the media to commentate.

Luke Lewis frequently commentates on ABC Radio 702. He does pretty well but his vocabulary is limited and he repeats himself quite often. To his credit he is working hard on those aspects of his commentary. Not sure he can make it to Channel 9 or FOX level but I think he is decent enough. Certainly better than some absolute monkeys like Anasta who honestly don’t belong in commentary or NRL media at all.

Latest posts