What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QF1 Panthers vs Roosters

WestyLife

First Grade
Some outstanding light reading to be found on the Chookpen. Those who don't like blaming refs for losses should steer clear. Unable to post a link because of LU's filter. (Someone beat me to it)

Yes it's typical rugby league fans. If your team win it's because they are awesome if they lose it's because the refs.

Jane Murray

Bench
Yes it's typical rugby league fans. If your team win it's because they are awesome if they lose it's because the refs.

The reaction from their players, and Robinson in particular, is surprising and disappointing. Providing they lose, it will be great to play a part in their demise.

On another note:
Kikau challenges dangerous throw charge
Author
Panthers Media
Panthers forward Viliame Kikau has entered a plea of not guilty to a dangerous throw charge which threatens to rule him out of the club's upcoming Preliminary Final.

Kikau will appear before the NRL Judiciary on Tuesday night in an attempt to have the grade one charge dismissed.

A guilty verdict will see Kikau serve a one-match suspension, as he would have also done if he entered an early guilty plea to the charge.

The tackle in question occurred in the 8th minute of the Panthers' thrilling Qualifying Final victory over Sydney Roosters.

Last edited:

Panther Pete

Juniors
I have watched the game again and although we got very lucky with the penalty to Naden near the end (he just dropped it whilst trying to play the ball), I reckon anytime the Roosters have things go against them it’s 100% karma.

Abacus

Juniors
I have watched the game again and although we got very lucky with the penalty to Naden near the end (he just dropped it whilst trying to play the ball), I reckon anytime the Roosters have things go against them it’s 100% karma.
I thought the Roosters player's knee knocked the ball hence the penalty for crowding. It showed pretty clearly on the reverse angle.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I thought the Roosters player's knee knocked the ball hence the penalty for crowding. It showed pretty clearly on the reverse angle.

He did, it was definitely crowding, but we’ve also seen those go the way. Pretty much a 50/50 call, so I consider us lucky to get it.

Alintheeast

Juniors
I live about a 10 minute walk to Easts Leagues Club, so I went to the clubs Merchandise Shop a couple of days after 2003 Grand Final for a DVD of the game. My wife had forgotten to press record on the whatever device we had then. I asked the shop assistant if they had a DVD and was told no and if I wanted one I should go out to Penrith as they will have one there.

Abacus

Juniors
He did, it was definitely crowding, but we’ve also seen those go the way. Pretty much a 50/50 call, so I consider us lucky to get it.
At 1st look I thought Naden was milking. But on replay there was definitely a Roosters knee involved.
50/50 call? Maybe, but the right call.

The yak

Juniors
Sour grapes?

Not really impressive': Roosters ready to turn tables on Panthers

Isaac Liu has vowed the Roosters will turn the tables on the Panthers if they meet again this year, saying the victors "just played off the back of our errors" on Friday.

Tricolours coach Trent Robinson bristled slightly when asked after the 29-28 qualifying final defeat if minor premiers Penrith, who have now won 16 straight games, were the best team in the competition.

And lock Liu admitted he thought that "whatever they did, it wasn't really impressive" despite the Panthers coming back from 10-0 down.

The Panthers have booked a preliminary final berth while the Roosters will play the winner of Saturday's Raiders-Sharks clash next week. However, Friday's combatants could still meet in the decider.

"[Penrith] just played their game like they did, they just played off the back of our errors, our little mistakes," Liu said.

"We definitely can play better than that. We know that. But if there's a chance we do come up against them [again], we'll make sure we come out on top."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/10/03/not-really-impressive-roosters-ready-to-turn-tables-on-panthers/

The Roosters have been through a extended period of success and don't like to lose, especially to a newcomer. They think they are entitled to win. Newcomers like us should give them a run for their money but, ultimately lose.
When you knock them or the Storm off usually a tantrum ensues from somebody at their repective clubs.
Can't upset the status quo!

I bet if the Chooks won the other night Robinson would be praising how much of a good side we are.

Panfa

Juniors
The funny thing is chooks threw the game against souths thinking they would have an easier game against us and avoid playing melbourne lol.Instead they lost and have to play sudden death and now go up to suncorp if they win next week and play storm up there goodluck with that.

John Hamblin

Juniors
Trent Robinson carrying on in the box, He thinks the games owes him. The advertising signs in the box were "GSA" Get S....d Ar....le"