What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD State of Origin Team 2009 Game 1

Coastbloke

Bench
With that NSW team, I would take the 13+ QLD to win...

Actually if there is a 30+ take that instead...

gurudave

Juniors
Excellent team again this year :)

Only problem is having Slater named as starting? I'm sure Meninga will start Hunt as he is the clear number one origin fullback. I'm not sure why they name Slater as starting but change it on game night seems a bit silly.

Paullyboy

Coach
Oh, out comes the pride and passion rubbish again, laughable. :roll:

Dallas Johnson is a myth. Yeah, he's a good defender, but is pathetically mediocre in attack, he offers absolutely nothing at all with ball in hand.

Have you had a look at the Queensland backline? We dont need our forwards to be attacking legends, all they need to do is put in the hard yards and churn through the tackles and the backs will score the points.

Ah NSW, never quite have understood this game have you?

Shorty

Staff member
^Agreed, I don't understand this 'but he can't attack' business with a backrower/forward.
Queensland has a backline that consists of players like Billy Slater, Karmichael Hunt and Greg Inglis.

As long as Dallas does the job he's expected to, it's fine.
And hey - It's worked a treat for 3 series...

Dazzat

First Grade
Dallas Johnson's defence is the rock on which Queensland's attack will be built ... his hit-ups are pathetic I'll grant you that.

Heard today that Mal Meninga called on former Ironman Champion Grant Kenny to talk to the troops ... awesome! Mal and Grant went to the same High School - Maroochydore High.

If it means anything, I can remember Grant running over the top of me in a game of league and leaving me a sprawling mess on the ground. He may very well tell that story to the troops ... ha ha.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Bellamy reckons he has inside word that Hunt will start over Slater tonight. Sounds logical given what happened last year.

lockyno1

Post Whore
As expected, hopefully Slater spends more time on the bench as it would make me less nervous about his f..k upps!

icewind

Juniors
geez worst origin intro ever? im a die hard qld supporter but that intro was retch-worthy. give yourself an uppercut Ken.