What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD Team 2017

RazorRam0n

Juniors
this is what i'd be most worried about as a blue (assuming forced changes)

1. slater
2. oates
3. boyd
4. chambers
5. holmes
6. norman
7. cronk
8. mcguire
9. smith
10 wallace
11 papa
12 thaiday
13 gillette

myles hess napa morgan

lockyno1

Post Whore
this is what i'd be most worried about as a blue (assuming forced changes)

1. slater
2. oates
3. boyd
4. chambers
5. holmes
6. norman
7. cronk
8. mcguire
9. smith
10 wallace
11 papa
12 thaiday
13 gillette

myles hess napa morgan

Norman lol. Wouldn't even go near him.

99isthebest

Juniors
1. Slater (because they won't not pick him unless he's injured)
2. Oates (only just over Holmes because of how origin is, more hit ups less fancy footwork)
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Boyd
6. Thurston/Morgan (Morgan because on his own he may be a bit rubbish but with a good half it may take the pressure off him and let him do his thing)
7. Cronk
8. Myles (big maybe but qld's loyalty)
9. Smith
10. Napa
11. Thaiday
12. Gillette
13. McGuire
14. Morgan/Milford
15. Papali
16. Guerra
17. Wallace

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yeah hasn't his running game been outstanding this year? His form doesn't warrant selection at the moment.

He will be in the side. Rather go with what has worked over the last few years. Morgan is fine, form doesn't worry me that much as I'd back him to be better than Norman would in an Origin game.

Clifferd

Coach
Disagree. I think Norman would excel in origin, he carries that parra team

Would be interesting to see how he goes without so much responsibility and off the back of Cronk, Smith and Slater

This coming from a NSW fan

Last edited:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Disagree. I think Norman would excel in origin, he carries that parra team

Would be interesting to see how he goes without so much responsibility and off the back of Cronk, Smith and Slater

Rather not take gambles in game 1. Go with what has worked before. Thurston if he misses a game will only be 1 game. Rather go with the least disruptive option and that is Morgan with another utility coming onto the bench

Clifferd

Coach
Yeah that makes sense I guess, Norman wouldn't hurt off the bench as a utility. Give him a taste of the arena atleast

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yeah that makes sense I guess, Norman wouldn't hurt off the bench as a utility. Give him a taste of the arena atleast

Not sure who that utility should be. Milford is probably more of a utility in a sense. Then again DCE is in great form. There is a few others too.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
They have been lately. It's the reason they are in my opinion wrongly picking Slater.

it's understandable, no need to risk a gamewinner when your side already has enough of them.....

but somewhere along the line, that's gonna change....and it doesn't look far off.

Clifferd

Coach
Not sure who that utility should be. Milford is probably more of a utility in a sense. Then again DCE is in great form. There is a few others too.

Norman to me seems more of a utility. Bigger body. Can probably play every position bar prop if needed

I can only see Milford covering the halves and fullback

lockyno1

Post Whore
Norman to me seems more of a utility. Bigger body. Can probably play every position bar prop if needed

I can only see Milford covering the halves and fullback

Personally I wouldn't be against playing an extra ball playing forward to be honest. If we are taking a punt Coen Hess would be in the frame. Don't see QLD needing a utility so to speak but I do feel we will pick one. Just not sure who that is.

Don't be shocked to see Thurston named and given till Monday-Tuesday before SOO1. That is why I feel it will be Morgan at 6, and someone like DCE who has done the 14 jersey before.

lockyno1

Post Whore
it's understandable, no need to risk a gamewinner when your side already has enough of them.....

but somewhere along the line, that's gonna change....and it doesn't look far off.

Rather take the risks next season and beyond. We have enough quality players this year.

isaiah

Bench
1. Slater (because they won't not pick him unless he's injured)
2. Oates (only just over Holmes because of how origin is, more hit ups less fancy footwork)
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Boyd
6. Thurston/Morgan (Morgan because on his own he may be a bit rubbish but with a good half it may take the pressure off him and let him do his thing)
7. Cronk
8. Myles (big maybe but qld's loyalty)
9. Smith
10. Napa
11. Thaiday
12. Gillette
13. McGuire
14. Morgan/Milford
15. Papali
16. Guerra
17. Wallace
i like this side except lillyman for guerra