What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD Team 2017

Pedge1971

First Grade
For next year.. (maybe game iii)...

1. Ponga
2. Holmes
3. Inglis
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Taylor
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Napa
11. Kaufusi
12. Hess
13. Arrow

14. Morgan
15. Papali
16. Ofahengaue
17. Wallace (if he’s lucky)/Glasby

If Morgan refinds his fitness and 2017 form, good chance for him to play halfback.

McGuire will be somewhere but him and Arrow in the starting pack mean we seriously lack size in the middle.

So no Gillett? Interesting ..

age.s

First Grade
Dropping Hunt to the bench seems like the worst of both worlds. Dude clearly doesn't deal with pressure very well, putting him on the bench is just increasing the level of pressure on him for however long he's on the field.

You either stick with him at 7 or drop him altogether imo.

typicalfan

Coach
I think Hunt on the bench is a good thing he can play that Shaun Berrigan style role. McCullough has been asked to play too many minutes in his first two games.

Qld seriously lacking leadership though. The only club captain in the side is DCE funnily enough. Slater obviously good enough but it’s his last game.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
great to see that QLD loyalty is an absolute myth, it's easy to be loyal when you are winning.

Anyone it's not the players to coaches fault according to Kevvie it is the big meanies on social media saying terrible things to his poor players. Welcome to losing you two headed merkins.

Eelectrica

Referee
QLD selectors have been loyal though. The only two players 'dropped' are the injured ones.
I don't think Newcastle and Souths would appreciate Ponga and Inglis risking further injury in a dead rubber.

Again I'll say loyalty has to be earned, it can't be just handed out. Getting picked once doesn't grant a lifetime spot.

big hit!

Bench
great to see that QLD loyalty is an absolute myth, it's easy to be loyal when you are winning.

Anyone it's not the players to coaches fault according to Kevvie it is the big meanies on social media saying terrible things to his poor players. Welcome to losing you two headed merkins.

At least they were loyal to the right f**king players....unlike NSW who were loyal to spuds.

There's loyalty and there's outright stupidity. Walters, Lockyer & Miles got it right here. Give Hunt the benefit after Game 1 as he was injured for the bulk of the lead up, but he had to steer the team and make the right decisions in Game 2. Kicking the ball dead on the 3rd or 4th might be just one play, but it is a sign that he mentally implodes when the pressure is on. He got the skills and will be more than capable when he's not the one calling the shots. Utility could be his thing at this level.

isaiah

Bench

Winning from an eels fan

billygilmore

Juniors

Isn’t loyalty a myth for literally every sporting team around the world, i would say the blues are more loyal than the maroons, one of the few teams I’ve seen that have stuck loyal despite losing repeatedly over, lets be serious, a completely ridiculous amount of time.

The clean out they had this year should have happened like 10 years ago and maybe they wouldn’t have lost the comical amount of origin series in a row that they did.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Isn’t loyalty a myth for literally every sporting team around the world, i would say the blues are more loyal than the maroons, one of the few teams I’ve seen that have stuck loyal despite losing repeatedly over, lets be serious, a completely ridiculous amount of time.

The clean out they had this year should have happened like 10 years ago and maybe they wouldn’t have lost the comical amount of origin series in a row that they did.
I agree but NSW aren't the ones who like to beat their chests and wank on about loyalty, thats QLD's thing.

After the sides were picked before game 1 a former Qld great can't remember who bagged Fitler for naming 11 debutants and said this was the reason why we didn't get origin. Typical QLDerp BS.