What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

quade cooper

Swamp

Juniors
SBW was shit. If he wasn't getting tackled hard behind the advantage line he was offloading to players who copped a belting because of it. The Reds focussed on his support runners and it showed.

Cooper didn't have a great game but he was targeted hard by the Crusaders. Will Genia on the other hand...wow.
I never watched the game nor will I watch he replay but I said to my Kiwi brother-in-law that Will Genia was the one to watch out for not Copper. Maybe I am just a sporting genius or is it just that Rah Rah is just too predictable!

Teddyboy

First Grade
SBW was shit. If he wasn't getting tackled hard behind the advantage line he was offloading to players who copped a belting because of it. The Reds focussed on his support runners and it showed.

Cooper didn't have a great game but he was targeted hard by the Crusaders. Will Genia on the other hand...wow.

Cooper had a great game last week.

POPEYE

Coach
If he learns to tackle and proves he can take a hit regularly he might be able to hold down a spot in league.

No evidence of those capabilities so far but then again it would be just as hard to judge if he played netball

Parra

Referee
If he learns to tackle and proves he can take a hit regularly he might be able to hold down a spot in league.

No evidence of those capabilities so far but then again it would be just as hard to judge if he played netball

What did you think of Cooper's efforts last night compared to the rest of the season?

lockyrulz

Juniors
Quade Cooper will take a massive pay cut to play for whoever the Bronco's coach is these days :lol:

As for Benji, he hasn't won the most coveted prize of State of Origin

Yea I never get his name right either, I'm just glad we weren't dumb enough to sign Brian Smith.

POPEYE

Coach
What did you think of Cooper's efforts last night compared to the rest of the season?

Didn''t watch the game . . . get enough rah rah from watching my grandsons play.

I have only watched him play when visiting my family but the position he plays doesn't lend itself to much in league where the rough and tumble can't be avoided.

Seriously, he may make a good league player . . . you would have to see him play the game at the top level though.

Knownothing

Juniors
He has another year of his ARU contract to run. It will all come down to motivation, he will have a shedload of money thrown at him to stay with the Reds - more than he could earn in league.

He has another year of his ARU contract to run. It will all come down to motivation, he will have a shedload of money thrown at him to stay with the Reds - more than he could earn in league.

That depends a lot on the next TV deal.

If the NRL get a major upgrade it may well be possible to match what the ARU can offer. At the very least it will come a lot closer than it could currently.

Knownothing

Juniors
That depends a lot on the next TV deal.

If the NRL get a major upgrade it may well be possible to match what the ARU can offer. At the very least it will come a lot closer than it could currently.

No doubt the best players in the NRL will earn a lot of money. But Cooper would have to prove himself, surely, and it would be very divisive if a club paid him overs. Whereas everybody knows that the ARU and the Reds will pay more or less whatever it takes to keep him.

It might not come down to money, but, if it does, I stand by my original assertion. He will get paid more in RU - especially now that the Reds are getting substantially more corporate interest in Brisbane. St George Bank must be creaming their jeans at their exposure this season.

shiznit

Coach
now he's done everything he can with the QLD reds now.....he's gonna play for australia in the RUWC in a few months time......he's likely to have fufilled most of his career ambitions in union by the age of 23...

the perfect time to poach him!

as much as it pains me to say as a "pom" but he's the perfect replacement for darren lockyer imo.......correct me if i'm wrong but imagine brisbane being well under the salary cap? surely they could afford to chuck aload of money at him now.....let alone when the NRL salary cap goes up as expected.....so i guess its a question of who's gonna get in there first?

discuss......

thats assuming he actually plays for Australia...

he is a kiwi after all... i wouldn't be surprised if made himself available for the kiwis if he switched codes...

he could have been playing with the roosters and the kiwis if he made the leap with his mate SKD like he was supposed to.

the only reason why he is playing in Australia is because he missed out on being ear marked under the NZ system.

and to be fair... it works out better for the game... if he was in NZ he wouldn't get past Dan Carter... and last night proved that further.

ANTiLAG

First Grade

he is a kiwi after all... i wouldn't be surprised if made himself available for the kiwis if he switched codes...

he could have been playing with the roosters and the kiwis if he made the leap with his mate SKD like he was supposed to.

the only reason why he is playing in Australia is because he missed out on being ear marked under the NZ system.

and to be fair... it works out better for the game... if he was in NZ he wouldn't get past Dan Carter... and last night proved that further.

He wouldn't need to get past DC. He'd play fullback instead ;)

Herzog

Juniors
Cooper was spectacular in the semi, but played quite ordinarily last night--Genia made him look good.

smithie

Juniors

He has stated he wants to play Origin.

Herzog

Juniors

Loved the accents in the post-match interviews with players:

Quade Cooper; Kiwi playing for Australia and Queensland.

Brad Thorn; Aussie playing for New Zealand and Cantebury.

Cute.

Watch Quade Cooper I think he would make a good lock forward. He has all the ball playing skills. Would be a good replacement for Myles at Easts

Latest posts