What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qualifier Team V Storm

I'm not so sure that DA will be 18th.
I think Fitz has been grooming him to be a "super-sub" ala Connor Watson type benchie.

He was originally a fullback, this year in firsts he has started in the halves, on the wing, and at centre.
On Sunday he came on and replaced McInnes at lock before finishing the game at hooker for Brails
I think Fitz may be playing horses-for-courses and feels that for this game DA is the better fit.

Edit: plus the fact he has shown he has a real ability to stay calm in a tight situation. That's invaluable at this time of year.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I think Fitz has been grooming him to be a "super-sub" ala Connor Watson type benchie.

He was originally a fullback, this year in firsts he has started in the halves, on the wing, and at centre.
On Sunday he came on and replaced McInnes at lock before finishing the game at hooker for Brails
I think Fitz may be playing horses-for-courses and feels that for this game DA is the better fit.

Edit: plus the fact he has shown he has a real ability to stay calm in a tight situation. That's invaluable at this time of year.
DA will be 14 for Queensland within 2 years. Soon as Hunt retires.

DJDL

First Grade

Connor Watson is light years ahead of him as a super-sub.
He may get there in time, but not now. And not for an important finals match.
If Brails wasn't rested last week The Next Immortal would only have been give ~10 minutes.
I don't think we have the luxury of carrying a player like that into a game of this importance.

That I can agree with.

It’s a genuine f**king outrage. The fact that Annesley deadshit can’t see that Gee is the best ref tells you everything you need to know about the leadership there.
It really does need to be blown up over the off season.
I think Gerard Maxwell is the referees boss.

He definitely loves Klein.

bluefox68

Staff member
I’m not going to kick and scream - whichever way the Coach goes - we’ve got a good side, either way…

Connor Watson is light years ahead of him as a super-sub.
He may get there in time, but not now. And not for an important finals match.
If Brails wasn't rested last week The Next Immortal would only have been give ~10 minutes.
I don't think we have the luxury of carrying a player like that into a game of this importance.

That I can agree with.
Watson has been in the NRL for 8 years, you'd hope he would be better.
If Fitz goes this way then he has his reasons, hence why I said Horses for courses.
Look at the bench as a whole,
Is Hazelton fit?
Is BHU ready for finals footy?
He has Williams and Hunt as true middles, plus Sifa who has been playing as a middle, but can be used outside if needed.
Sifa and Williams offer a lot of mobility.
By adding DA in they can slot him in to a great deal more positions if needed, without too much disruption, especially the all important spine.
I'm seeing it more as a tactic for this particular game, and one maybe Fitz has kept hidden until now.
If it works it may be carried further.

Fitz has kept basically the same formula throughout the whole season, a surprise may be coming.
Then again the surprise may be that DA is in fact 18th man, and that was the real show.

coolumsharkie

Referee
More available than hidden I think. We recently played 2 games without Tricky or Hynes, and not long after was mentioned as a handy utility by Fitz at a press conference and around the playing group when asked about DA's future in the team when Hynes was becoming available once again. Slotted into centre.. He's there for the duration I think. Certainly worked last game, scored that try on his first touch of the ball. He's a gun.

Latest posts