What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland 3/4 line is average

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Its a big game of footy. Big games are won in the ruck and through the forwards. Win them, convert your opportunities and the only way you should lose is if you have Paul Cariage on your side.

This is Origin how ever and things happen.

redvscotty

First Grade
Gasnier will carve Tonga up, Neilsen is out of his depth and Boyd is useless without Inglis.
Billy boy will have a case of the dropsies again, Thurston will get smashed and run around with his hands on his head like a spaz.
Can you feel it? Queensland are going down in their own backyard with all their delinquents watching from the stands.

Best.Post.Ever

(At least in this thread)

jk13

First Grade
nice to see welshmen building some passion, u may even sell out the 2nd game for once

Coaster

Bench
nice to see welshmen building some passion, u may even sell out the 2nd game for once

not after they crash back to earth tonight, and crawl back under the fridge.

Its not passion, its false confidence
You can tell they have NFI about Origin, because they keep thinking it is about the best players.

he is better then him, he kicks better, he is taller wtf? This is Origin, its about the size of the ticker in the chest, and the mental strength to never EVER give in. I know we have that, lets see if these dirty blues do.

redvscotty

First Grade
its about the size of the ticker in the chest, and the mental strength to never EVER give in. I know we have that, lets see if these dirty blues do.

I'm surprised you know anything about this considering you follow the soulless manufactured Shiteans.

jamoss

Juniors
i think this is the best chance NSW has against QLD for the last few years.. The QLD backline isnt as strong.. I also personally think Petro is showing signs of winding down and Thaiday hasnt been in the form he was in previous years.. Or at least i havent noticed him with as much impact.. But then again Thurston is playing better than ever so its 6 of one half the other..

I also think Soward in his current form rivals Lockier on the field.. I wouldnt say Lockier is clearly the better 5/8 in this game, its splitting hairs i reckon.. I know Lockier is a legend and still playing amazingly well and Sowards a rookie but as long as he plays near his best i dont think you could split them..

Jamies got the right mindset for origin and its actuallly good in some ways that he wasnt there earlier because he has been able to come of age at the top level first which is better than going in too early. Which is where i think Parra made the mistake with Mortimer.

not after they crash back to earth tonight, and crawl back under the fridge.

Its not passion, its false confidence
You can tell they have NFI about Origin, because they keep thinking it is about the best players.

he is better then him, he kicks better, he is taller wtf? This is Origin, its about the size of the ticker in the chest, and the mental strength to never EVER give in. I know we have that, lets see if these dirty blues do.

LOL that's cute.

Having the best players is a factor. QLD have had the best players in most positions since 07. The Blues have a distinct advantage out wide and I also think the the Blues bench is a bit better too. They will provide more impact than QLD's.

Cronk is a waste of a selection on the bench. Talented player but shouldn't be taking up a spot. Smith is more than capable of playing 80.
Powderpuff Hannant will be smashed. Parker & Lillyman have been out of Origin for a long time, and the jury's out on them. Their hunger will either drive them to succeed, or they could be worried about keeping their jerseys and not play to the best of their ability. Mal's already come out and said the team better perform or he'll make changes.

The Blues bench has a better balance than QLD's due to Dean Young. They have a hooker/backrow utility (as opposed to a halfback), 2 props and a backrower. If there's an injury in the backline, Beau Scott will be pushed out there and Ricky will shuffle the positions.

Last edited:

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I think the forward pack battle will surprise alot of people. The starting pack for both sides are pretty evenly matched IMO with the QLD having a slight advantage in the front row. However, the 2nd row I think NSW has more aggression. NSW look to have a bench with more punch to it than QLD.

This game will really come down to the halves and whether Pearce and Soward step up as well as Ennis. NSW has the better 3/4 line and the forward packs are pretty evenly matched (if you include the bench rotation).

One thing is for sure, this is going to be a much closer series than we've seen in previous years.

Sleep

Juniors
Neilsen will be marking up on Gasnier not Tonga. Tonga will be playing on the right marking up on Jennings.

Latest posts