What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland fans abuse players' families

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
When fans held that sign up about Tallis' mum, the same fans held a same sign apologizing the next game in Sydney.

Will these Qld fans show the same class?

Pig Mouth

Juniors
When fans held that sign up about Tallis' mum, the same fans held a same sign apologizing the next game in Sydney.

Will these Qld fans show the same class?

Please. Qld fans don't have to prove anything to NSW. Everyone already knows we are better humans than you.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Don't come to the Cauldron if you're a NSW supporter. It's like walking into a African American club with a KKK hood on. Use the brain that you have been provided with.

lol no it is not. I've been to 3 Origin games a Suncorp and not once has anyone screamed abuse at me. Plenty of "Qldeeerrr!" Etc etc but never anything outwardly hostile. Same with the Caxton St hotel too but some of you Qlders act like Blues fans would be risking their lives walking into either place on Origin night.

Some of the biggest myths going round

Knightmare

Coach
^ Word. Wore my Blues jersey around Cairns on the eve of an Origin match once, worst I got was these schoolgirls screeching 'Go Qld!' at me in Cairns Central. Even got a few people calling out 'Go the Blues!' that day...:crazy:

Likewise, been to Origin at Suncorp and got nothing worse than 'Got the wrong jersey on mate'. Hardly akin to wearing a Rangers jersey in the Celtic home end...

Fieldsguy

Juniors
lol no it is not. I've been to 3 Origin games a Suncorp and not once has anyone screamed abuse at me.
Wear a t-shirt with your nic from here on it and when they have stopped laughing at your Muppet face they may sling a jibe or 20 at you. :lol:

Mr Fourex

Bench
lol no it is not. I've been to 3 Origin games a Suncorp and not once has anyone screamed abuse at me. Plenty of "Qldeeerrr!" Etc etc but never anything outwardly hostile. Same with the Caxton St hotel too but some of you Qlders act like Blues fans would be risking their lives walking into either place on Origin night.

^ Word. Wore my Blues jersey around Cairns on the eve of an Origin match once, worst I got was these schoolgirls screeching 'Go Qld!' at me in Cairns Central. Even got a few people calling out 'Go the Blues!' that day...:crazy:

Likewise, been to Origin at Suncorp and got nothing worse than 'Got the wrong jersey on mate'. Hardly akin to wearing a Rangers jersey in the Celtic home end...

Glad you both seem to agree that QLDr's are a friendly bunch and all in all we know it's just a bit of good.clean.fun.

Let's put this nasty QLD fans abuse poor ole Greg "the glasser" Bird's Mum thread to bed and move on with our lives.

Joker's Wild

Coach
my lil stalker said:
Wear a t-shirt with your nic from here on it and when they have stopped laughing at your Muppet face they may sling a jibe or 20 at you.

Oh lookie here, I've got my very own stalker

I'm flattered champ but really not interested. Go rejoin the circle jerk with your Qld mates, I'm sure they'll let you eat the Sao when they're done

Last edited:

Fieldsguy

Juniors
I'm flattered champ but really not interested.
You have no choice fu-wit.

Consider me doing a community service and at the same time educating your dumb ass.

Every time you make a stupid comment or contradict yourself, which appears to be every 2nd or 3rd post, I will correct you and show you the error of your genius ways.

If anything bit%ch, you should be thanking me. :D

Hutty1986

Immortal

Consider me doing a community service and at the same time educating your dumb ass.

Every time you make a stupid comment or contradict yourself, which appears to be every 2nd or 3rd post, I will correct you and show you the error of your genius ways.

zig heil

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach

So, has this derro been banned yet?

Fire

First Grade

^ This, is spot on.

I've been to two Origins up there, wearing a Blues jersey. Nothing too bad, a bit of banter, but nothing more than you'd get at a normal NRL game. Caxton wasn't a problem, at all.

I've also been to three Broncos v Dragons games over the years up there. There is such a large Dragons following in Brisbane that makes the crowd pretty much half/half. Dragons fans actually take over the Caxton before the game, and the hotel staff always put on the '92 and '93 Grand Finals for both sets of fans to watch, creates a really good atmosphere before the game. We all sing "When the Saints go Marching In", and the Broncos fans give it to us, but never in a hostile way, everyone is just having fun. Again, no problem whatsoever at the Caxton or the game.

It's such a media bash-up about Lang Park and the Caxton being a 'dreadful/fearful' place to go to, and of course there are one or two drunks who take it too far (like anywhere). But when I hear QLDers talking the myth up of what a frightful place Lang Park is to attend to NSWelshman who have never been there, I just shake my head and have a chuckle.

adamkungl

Immortal
Easy enough to retaliate, just hold up a sign about Inglis protecting his girlfriend from self harm...not really worth sooking about

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
^ This, is spot on.

I've been to two Origins up there, wearing a Blues jersey. Nothing too bad, a bit of banter, but nothing more than you'd get at a normal NRL game. Caxton wasn't a problem, at all.

I've also been to three Broncos v Dragons games over the years up there. There is such a large Dragons following in Brisbane that makes the crowd pretty much half/half. Dragons fans actually take over the Caxton before the game, and the hotel staff always put on the '92 and '93 Grand Finals for both sets of fans to watch, creates a really good atmosphere before the game. We all sing "When the Saints go Marching In", and the Broncos fans give it to us, but never in a hostile way, everyone is just having fun. Again, no problem whatsoever at the Caxton or the game.

Yep, Dragons fans have always had a massive turn out to Suncorp games. Warriors fans are nearly as big in number. Expect to see a huge number of black jerseys in the crowd tomorrow night.

Springs

First Grade
Bird's mum and sister obviously aren't too bright. Likely bogan scum. If anyone yelled anything towards Bird they should have kept their mouth shut. Since the sister got booted I'm assuming the Bird family were the main problem.

Wow, that's a nice assumption to make.

I agree with Tonearm in that yelling abuse at families and what not is not on.

Abuse at the players seems no worse than the U18s game at my local comp last week. Honestly sitting on the sidelines the last thing you want to hear is drunk dickheads calling the kids, and the ref, the worst possible things you can imagine. It just ruins the spectacle.

Latest posts