What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland Side for 2010?

kruzin

Juniors
Who wants to have a prediction on the team this year?

Will Lockyer play? Will Thurston go to 5/8th and maybe Prince take halfback?

Will Steve Price be back? How about Lote Tuquri?

Will we win 5 in a row (OF COURSE WE WILL)

Discuss :)

Halycon

Juniors
Just a quick guess as it stands:

1. Slater
2. Lote
3. Inglis
4. Tonga
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civo
11. Thaiday
12. Harrison
13. Myles

14. Cronk/Friend
15. Hannant
16. Scott
17. Taylor

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Team will be as follows:

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Tonga
5. Falou
6. Lockyer (c)
7. Thurston

8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Thaiday
12. Harrison
13. Parker

14. Hannant
15. Shillington
16. Myles
17. Cronk

As you can see I think QLD selectors will stick with last years team (they always do unlike NSW idiot selectors). So I think players like Boyd and Tonga will retain their spots over the more experienced duo of Tuquiri and Tate. The exeption to this rule would be:

- Parker to replace Johnson (If Parker is still injured though, I would go with Stagg)
- Cronk to replace Hunt as a back off the bench
- Tuquiri to come into the team in place of Falou if he doesn't recover from his hand injury (although all reports are that he will be back before origin 1)

StinkyPete

Juniors
1. Slater
2. Tuquri
3. Inglis
4. Tonga
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Civ
9. Smith
10. Price
11. Thaiday
12. Harrison
13. Crocker

14. Myles
15. Hannant
16. Scott
17. Stagg

18. Bolton

Last edited:

Dazzat

First Grade
1. Slater
2. Folou
3. Tonga
4. Inglis
5. Tiquiri
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston

8. Civ
9. Smith
10. Price
11. Thaiday
12. Harrison
13. Stagg

14. Hannant
15. Myles
16. Crocker
17. Cronk

18. Taylor

ANTiLAG

First Grade
If Lockyer cannot get the Broncos going leave him out of origin. I know he had a fantastic test match to finish last year but he has been ordinary often of late.

Prince is red hot and deserves the spot.

Form and experience, Prince has both.

Its time Darren.

Big Pete

Referee
Did you watch Prince outside of Round 3? He's been cod ordinary and really wasn't THAT great in R3 either.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Seeing 3 and a half games from Nate Myles, im conviced he should be the 13 for Qld. He would even be in my Australian team ATM.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
There is room for both Nate Myles and David Stagg with no Johnson this year.

You do not want to select Michael Luck - his stats mislead - he is a flopper - rarely makes the first impact in a tackle and is a very average footballer.

Dazzat

First Grade
Two things that happened last night convinced me that Lockyer WON'T play this year for Qld. The continuing bad form of the Broncos, and THAT pass from Cooper Cronk.

The time is right for Darren to step down and gracefully hand the captaincy over to Thurston.

6. Thurston
7. Prince

Benchspot: Cronk.

andrew057

First Grade
01. Slater
02. Folau
03. Tonga
04. Inglis
05. Tuquiri
06. Thurston
07. Cronk
08. Civoneciva
09. Smith (C.)
10. Price
11. Myles
12. Thaiday
13. Parker/Stagg

14. Harrison
15. Crocker
16. Hannant
17. Scott

This is the team.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Is the time yet right to start talking seriously about Scott Bolton's chances?

I for one love his game, he runs great lines and is big and pacy, a real running backrower. This is something that Queensland has lacked (not that it has been to our detriment). But it's hard to see the selectors going this way.

kruzin

Juniors
Two things that happened last night convinced me that Lockyer WON'T play this year for Qld. The continuing bad form of the Broncos, and THAT pass from Cooper Cronk.

The time is right for Darren to step down and gracefully hand the captaincy over to Thurston.

6. Thurston
7. Prince

Benchspot: Cronk.

I agree.

screeder

Juniors
Prince is definitely a lot tougher than he was 2 years ago. ok ok he was outright soft, but Cronk is our man to partner Thurston especially after seeing the way he's started back from injury. Played for Australia last year won premierships, combination with Smith, Slater, Inglis.

Latest posts