What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland Side for 2010?

Big Pete

Referee
Is the time yet right to start talking seriously about Scott Bolton's chances?

I for one love his game, he runs great lines and is big and pacy, a real running backrower. This is something that Queensland has lacked (not that it has been to our detriment). But it's hard to see the selectors going this way.

If I was the selector, he'd be starting.

Thaiday, for mine, is one of the most overated players in the game.

andrew057

First Grade
Tuqiri needs to improve if he wants a spot.

He is on the right track.

I dont think so.

If Tuqiri stays at the level hes at now hes a shoe in for the wing position(another superb game today). Offers 5x more than Boyd.

Dazzat

First Grade
I dont think so.

If Tuqiri stays at the level hes at now hes a shoe in for the wing position(another superb game today). Offers 5x more than Boyd.

One word describes Tiquiri: Composure.

The guy looks rock solid. No mistakes, and brings an awesome confidence to any team he's in. And unlike Wendell when he came back, Loti's still got the pace needed for the top level. He'd be in my top team, regardless of who's injured or not.

DACSSDOWN

Juniors
My side (considering current injuries etc) would be:

1. Slater
2. Tuqiri
3. Tonga
4. Inglis
5. Boyd
6. Lockyer (unless retired)/ Thurston
7. Thurston/Cronk if Lockyer retired
8. Petero
9. Smith
10. Hannant (Price if fit)
11. Thaiday
12. Myles
13. Harrison

14. Hannant if not starting
15. Shillington
16. Bolton
17. Stagg

And Brad Myers as a bolter for a bench spot :)

lockyno1

Post Whore
Would have Tate over Tuquiri every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Cooper Cronk or Prince will be on the bench (one starts, the other will play the utility role)

hendrix

Juniors
1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Greg Inglis
4. Brent Tate
5. Israel Folau
6. Johnathan Thurston
7. Scott Prince
8. Ben Hannant
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Ashley Harrison
13. Nate Myles

14. Matt Scott
15. Scott Bolton
16. David Stagg
17. Dave Shillington

Big Pete

Referee
I'd rather have Tonga at left centre and Inglis on the wing before giving Tuqiri a Maroons jersey...

But I doubt we'd see that selection take place.

Dazzat

First Grade
Tonga is a must for Origin imo.

Agree ... back to his best ... when he was the premier centre in the game ... 2005 or 2006? Can't remember.

He's got the big right step working well on the left hand side of the park. And if anything he's twice the defender he was back then.

Unfortunately he'll have to play on the right, but did it well last year.

Big Pete

Referee
How did Tate go on Sunday?

I've been fairly impressed with him based on his first three rounds.

Daz - 2004/05 was Tonga at his best. Unfortunately, suffered an injury just before the 05 Origin series and the rest is history.

Talanexor

Juniors
Here's my team. Lockyer and Price will retire from rep duties, Prince will be benched due to limited game time, even though he's a better halfback than Cronk. Smith will be captain.

1. Slater
2. Tuqiri
3. Tonga
4. Inglis
5. Folau
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Civinoceva
9. Smith (c)
10. Hannant
11. Thaiday
12. Myles
13. Stagg

14. Prince
15. Bolton
16. Scott
17. Shillington

I'd like to fit Tate in somewhere, but there are better centres in front of him and he's nowhere near as good on the wing. Boyd is the weak link in the backline, and hasn't played wing since the last Origin series. Harrison has done sweet FA this season and will lose his spot. Thaiday, despite being in the same boat, will keep his because he has more talent and a better reputation.

Still a good enough side to thump the living daylights out of NSW.

Dazzat

First Grade
How did Tate go on Sunday?

I've been fairly impressed with him based on his first three rounds.

Queensland is in a great position to have Tonga and Tate firing. I was really impressed with Tate against the Broncos (impressed by not happy).

He's obviously done the hard yards in the physio and recovery because he looked confident and fast.

BDR

First Grade
1. Slater
2. Folau
3. Inglis
4. Tonga (he needs to be on the left IMO)
5. Tate
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Taylor
12. Bolton
13. Stagg

14. Cronk
15. Hannant
16. Scott
17. Thiaday

We have great depth in the forwards this year. The starting props for the Cowboys (Scott and Kaufusi) have had a solid start to the year, likewise Hannant and Civoniceva. I believe Bolton and Stagg should be in the team somewhere, and Thiaday, Crocker, Taylor, and Harrison to fight over the remaining run-on and bench 2nd rower spots.

Last edited:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Taylor..just lol. Harrison will be in the 17 somewhere, he was a major reason why we won last year.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
1. Slater
2. Folau
3. Inglis
4. Tonga (he needs to be on the left IMO)
5. Tate
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Taylor
12. Bolton
13. Stagg

14. Cronk
15. Hannant
16. Scott
17. Thiaday

We have great depth in the forwards this year. The starting props for the Cowboys (Scott and Kaufusi) have had a solid start to the year, likewise Hannant and Civoniceva. I believe Bolton and Stagg should be in the team somewhere, and Thiaday, Crocker, Taylor, and Harrison to fight over the remaining run-on and bench 2nd rower spots.

No Nate Myles? I would be stoked if he doesn't make it so he can play for us, and weaken QLD, but it would be a joke if he didn't make the starting team for QLD the way he has started the season.

BDR

First Grade
I definitely have a massive Taylor bias, so ignore that if you want... I followed him all the way through his junior career in the QLD cup and know what he can do. He has shown glimpses of it in NRL, and I really think the Souths pack will be the dominant pack in the NRL when origin rolls around. This is a speculative team.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Agreed, Myles is one of the absolute locks this season.

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Tonga (assuming Hodges is unfit)
5. Folau
6. Lockyer (c)
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith (vc)
10. Civonoceva
11. Harrison
12. Bolton
13. Myles

14. Cronk
15. Thaiday
16. Hannant
17. Shillington

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Can some one explain to me how Folau is such a certainty for this series?

The way I see it, if form and injuries continue as they are, Tuqiri and Boyd deserve the wing spots. Boyd, especially on the right side with Tonga is an exciting prospect. Chiefly because they have the defensive attributes to nullify Brett Morris, who will be NSW best attacking option this year.

Tuqiri, well his power and speed is still there in spades and he could run rampant getting passes from Inglis.

Falou just isn't grabbing me, I think he needs to lift his game and stop worrying about switching to aussie rules for a while, or getting injured.

Latest posts