What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland side named for game 2

JTB

Juniors
Scott Prince fails to make Origin side

Article from:

Barry Dick
June 03, 2008 01:59pm

QUEENSLAND State of Origin selectors have again overlooked Gold Coast captain Scott Prince for the return match against NSW.
The Maroons have made four changes to the 17 which lost 10-18 to Sydney last month for Game Two at Suncorp Stadium tomorrow week. Into the side come captain Darren Lockyer, veteran prop Steve Price, Titans utility Ashley Harrison and Broncos rookie Darius Boyd.
Out go centre Justin Hodges (suspended), prop Carl Webb and interchange players PJ Marsh and Jacob Lillyman.
Israel Folau goes from the wing to cover for Hodges in the centres while five-eighth Karmichael Hunt goes to the bench to makeway for Brocnos team-mate Lockyer.
The Maroons squad with age and Origin appearances:
Billy Slater (Storm) 24, 6
Darius Boyd (Broncos) 20, 0
Greg Inglis (Storm) 22, 5
Brent Tate (Warriors) 27, 13
Israel Folau (Storm) 19, 1
Darren Lockyer (Broncos) 31, 27
Johnathan Thurston (Cowboys) 10
Steve Price (Warriors) 34, 23
Cameron Smith (Storm) 24, 14
Petero Civoniceva (Panthers) 21
Michael Crocker (Storm) 27, 8
Sam Thaiday (Broncos) 22, 4
Dallas Johnson (Storm) 26, 7

Interchange:
Karmichael Hunt (Broncos) 21, 5
Ben Hannant (Broncos) 23, 1
Nate Myles (Roosters) 22, 7
Ash Harrison (Titans) 27, 1

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/nrl/comments/0,26748,23799745-5003409,00.html

Dazzat

First Grade
Darius Boyd?????

Darius Boyd?????

Darius Boyd?????

No words. Can't speak.

Noa

First Grade
Not much size on the bench, Q want to hope the Blues forwards dont get there roll on.

At least we know this time that Archer will let both teams lie all over the tackled player and jump from marker before the balls played.

I guess Queenslands plan will be to keep things up-tempo, dont find the lines to often with kicks, try to move Blues from side-line to side-line.

Last edited:

jodaci

Juniors
Bloody hell, the QLD selectors are f*cking stupid. Seriously, darious boyd, what the hell? I'm a broncos fan but im not a fan of boyd. He's too soft for origin & he sucks in defence. Also, Hunt should of been named fullback. Billys a great player but for origin i'd be more confident if hunt was at fullback.

thenry

Juniors
I have visions of him getting trapped in goal on a LOT of occasions....hopeI'm wrong

lockyno1

Post Whore
Bloody hell, the QLD selectors are f*cking stupid. Seriously, darious boyd, what the hell? I'm a broncos fan but im not a fan of boyd. He's too soft for origin & he sucks in defence. Also, Hunt should of been named fullback. Billys a great player but for origin i'd be more confident if hunt was at fullback.

One positive is that once Billy farks up you can bring Hunt on. Wouldn't surprise me to see Hunt start at FB and Slater on the bench come Wednesday!

lifesgood

Juniors
you pick boyd in a game you need to win?!?!?! he is terrible

i would put slater to wing and hunt to fullback! i cant believe how dumb the selectors can be

DJShaksta

First Grade
No Scott Prince is a massive + for NSW.
They are putting massive weight on Lockyer for a guy thats struggling to play club games.

Pistol

Coach
Admit you were wrong. Told you he was a chance of selection!

admit i was wrong??

i'll admit it is the most bonehead selections known

nobody only you would have predicted that stupid a selection.

refer to previous post

Latest posts