What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland side named for game 2

Dazzat

First Grade
With Lockyer back in the team the selectors don't pick Hunt at fullback? Madness!!! Showing loyalty to the point of insanity.

The selectors would argument they didn't shift Slater to the wing because he doesn't play there normally. Got news for you selectors ... I don't think Boyd's played wing all year either!!!!!

lockyno1

Post Whore
With Lockyer back in the team the selectors don't pick Hunt at fullback? Madness!!! Showing loyalty to the point of insanity.

The selectors would argument they didn't shift Slater to the wing because he doesn't play there normally. Got news for you selectors ... I don't think Boyd's played wing all year either!!!!!

Boyd has played most of this year on the wing, he has only played centre once Michaels did his ACL. Hunt will probably start at FB anyway.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Prince should have been 7, thurston 6, lockyer origin 3.

Overall, as much as Boyd's selection is dubious, the backs are organised better.

Tate shouldn't be on the wing. Ideally, I wouldn't have him there at all, but at least he's off the wing.

philstorm

Juniors
He will start on Wednesday. Numbers are just that. Hunt will start, then move to lock once Slater comes on

Hunt at Lock? :D

Slater will play 60 minutes at full-back, probably rotating with Inglis when needed.

Hunt will play 10-15 min at most as they ease Lockyer into it.

Good to see Slater start at FB again.

Shorty

Staff member
I'm not confident,what happened to picking Princey on the bench..hmm.

philstorm

Juniors
I'm not confident,what happened to picking Princey on the bench..hmm.

Makes no sense, Shorty.

Why not name Prince to give some spark to the halves if Thurston/Lockyer fail to fire?

At least if Prince was in the team, Slater and Inglis could swap positions now and then.

Instead, Qld have opted for a player on the bench with zero ball skills.

OuTkAsT

Juniors
ffs BOYD!! i would go as far as saying that grothe is better than boyd!! **** NSW 2- 0

lockyno1

Post Whore
Hunt at Lock? :D

Slater will play 60 minutes at full-back, probably rotating with Inglis when needed.

Hunt will play 10-15 min at most as they ease Lockyer into it.

Good to see Slater start at FB again.

Yes Hunt at Locky. He will start the game at FB, move to lock after 30 mins for one of the 2nd rowers (johnson can play 2nd row easily).

lockyno1

Post Whore
I know. We should be focusing on positives..NO WEBB, NO BELL! Lol at Webb..Australian player to Origon discard in 4 weeks!

Shorty

Staff member
Makes no sense, Shorty.

Why not name Prince to give some spark to the halves if Thurston/Lockyer fail to fire?

At least if Prince was in the team, Slater and Inglis could swap positions now and then.

Instead, Qld have opted for a player on the bench with zero ball skills.
2-0 I reckon unfortunately,I hope I'm wrong but NSW are just going to do the same thing that they did in game 1.
And they can,the only difference is Lockyer(as great as he is) is in the side coming back from a knee op with one game in.

Hunt's a great support player but he can't pluck something from nothing.

Slater to be shutdown,Cam Smith to be shut down,Lockyer to be smothered and potentially off early,Thurston to be pressured.
There you go.
Selectors are dumb and so is Mal.

I hope I'm wrong.

hellteam

First Grade
I can't believe Hunt is on the bench and not fullback. The argument for Slater being in the team before the first game was that he should be picked on form. But in the last 3 games hes played (vs Souths, NSW, and Bulldogs) he's been ordinary. And Hunt had a great game on Friday night and has been in good form. And he was the only one that showed any heart in the first Origin. And he has combination with Lockyer AND Thurston for f*cks sake.

Slater better play well.

Latest posts