What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland side named for game 2

Mr Saab

Referee
Sometimes its not alllllllllll about form. Look at Slater...killing it club games, but game one he didnt look all that great.
Hunt is made for origin at fullback...QLD will regret this choice.

jodaci

Juniors
Sometimes its not alllllllllll about form. Look at Slater...killing it club games, but game one he didnt look all that great.

I agree. Yes, slater did try hard in game 1 but for all the good things he does, he still makes those silly decisions when he's put under pressure. He's a top player & I love watching billy play, I just prefer hunt, who'd be solid at the back for us.

Last edited:

nqboy

First Grade
Exactly,the selectors have rocks in their heads.
BS. Prince can only play halves and we can't afford to waste an interchange spot on the halves. If Locky, can't play 80 minutes, leave him out and put Prince in there. Otherwise, Prince gets left out. Unlucky, but correct IMO. Picking Prince at 14 would have been as big a mistake as leaving him out in Game 1.

Misty Bee

First Grade

Slater looked better than Hunt in Game 1. Besides, who DID look great in a pink jumper in Origin 1?

Lokyer will open up the backline, and Slater is the best person to take advantage of that. Hunt's lucky to be on the bench. Shaun Timmins was better attacking pivot than cutie!

Shorty

Staff member
BS. Prince can only play halves and we can't afford to waste an interchange spot on the halves. If Locky, can't play 80 minutes, leave him out and put Prince in there. Otherwise, Prince gets left out. Unlucky, but correct IMO. Picking Prince at 14 would have been as big a mistake as leaving him out in Game 1.
Why?
Clearly every single play maker was shut down in game 1,which is why people want Scott Prince somewhere in the side.
Because he's another option.

We have done little to improve the attack on this list except for adding an injury returning Darren Lockyer,which means if he gets shut down...we're back to the exact same situation we were in for game 1.

Yes I think Steve Price will be a huge boost and for the most part the sh*tfight in the forwards has been cleaned up but NSW dominated us in game 1 and now know how to do it for game 2.
We have not taken any precautions in this department...
Smother Lockyer - Smith's shut down(though perhaps we might get an actual 10 meters this time) - Slater crumbles - Thurston panics.

I hope I'm wrong.

nqboy

First Grade
Why?
Clearly every single play maker was shut down in game 1,which is why people want Scott Prince somewhere in the side.
Because he's another option.

We have done little to improve the attack on this list except for adding an injury returning Darren Lockyer,which means if he gets shut down...we're back to the exact same situation we were in for game 1.

Yes I think Steve Price will be a huge boost and for the most part the sh*tfight in the forwards has been cleaned up but NSW dominated us in game 1 and now know how to do it for game 2.
We have not taken any precautions in this department...
Smother Lockyer - Smith's shut down(though perhaps we might get an actual 10 meters this time) - Slater crumbles - Thurston panics.

I hope I'm wrong.
Yeah, okay Shorty :blahb::blahb::blahb:

Dazzat

First Grade
Great tactic by Meninga this afternoon ... asking Lockyer to wear an ice pack on his knee, just when the media were watching at training. Stroke of genius!

Tomorrow Steve Price is scheduled to feign a hamstring injury, and Thurston's locked down for flu on Monday.

Eelectrica

Referee
Slater looked better than Hunt in Game 1. Besides, who DID look great in a pink jumper in Origin 1?

Lokyer will open up the backline, and Slater is the best person to take advantage of that. Hunt's lucky to be on the bench. Shaun Timmins was better attacking pivot than cutie!
Daniel Wagon was a better pivot than hunt :crazy:
Hell Queensland won a series with wags at 6

the kirwan kid

Juniors
Yes Hunt at Locky. He will start the game at FB, move to lock after 30 mins for one of the 2nd rowers (johnson can play 2nd row easily).

i reckon hunt wiull go OK at lock ... be able to use a few ball skills here and there but the team won't be relying on him to steer the team from there.

Latest posts