What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question About Dragons Supporters

Bath's Babes

Juniors
As many of you know, I'm a big Saints fan and want to go to UoW next year.

One quick question, not to sound racist or anything, are there many Middle Eastern Saints fans? I remember I was wearing my jersey in the city the day after we won the minor premiership, I am of Middle Eastern origin, and everyone seemed suprised I was a Saints supporter. Is there that little number of Middle Eastern Saints supporters?

Firey_Dragon

Coach
As many of you know, I'm a big Saints fan and want to go to UoW next year.

One quick question, not to sound racist or anything, are there many Middle Eastern Saints fans? I remember I was wearing my jersey in the city the day after we won the minor premiership, I am of Middle Eastern origin, and everyone seemed suprised I was a Saints supporter. Is there that little number of Middle Eastern Saints supporters?
Never been to a game at Kogarah have you? hah

There are plenty. If you were a Cronulla fan, then you'd be in a minority :roll:

saintzrule

Juniors
I happen to know whole families of Lebanese and Turkish extraction who are fanatical Dragon fans, and the best part about the Lebanese ones is that they hate the Berries!:lol:

I'm of middle eastern descent and I went to UoW. there are heaps of Mediterranean Descendants down there at the uni.

People might be surprised you're a dragons supporter because they just assume that middle eastern people must be doggies supporters. Gotta love stereotypes huh...

do you live in wollongong? im from iran too so you can make it two persians you took to a game.
I used to, graduated last year and moved to the Gold Coast. Lived at the Uni at Kooloobong, pretty sweet life. The guy I took graduated in Accounting, I think he lives in Fairy Meadow now. He has "Young - 9" on the back of his jumper

Doug2234

First Grade
Never been to a game at Kogarah have you? hah

There are plenty. If you were a Cronulla fan, then you'd be in a minority :roll:

I don't think Baths has ever been to a Dragons game. You must be hanging for next year mate.

Plenty of middle eastern boys. But that doesn't matter anyway. You wearing the Red V doesn't matter where the f**k u are from.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
We're arguably the most widely supported RL club in the world, mate. There's BOUND to be more than few supporters of middle eastern descent amongst our supporter base.

I don't think Baths has ever been to a Dragons game. You must be hanging for next year mate.

Plenty of middle eastern boys. But that doesn't matter anyway. You wearing the Red V doesn't matter where the f**k u are from.

Exactly mate, once you don that red v everyone is part of a big family, I'm as aussie as they come and have champion friends in the army from all different cultures n backgrounds, no ones here to split hairs coz of where your origins lie.

The Major

Bench
We dont have any Mediterranean Descendants in the army. Just fully sick hectik merkins who have been shaving since they were 9 years old!

moes

Bench
What you call an arab between 2 buildings- Alley
What do you call an arab at DCM's- lebanese-on-Eez
What do you call a good looking person in lebanon- Tourist

Bath's Babes

Juniors
Correct, I've never been. It's hard for me though, rents are not sporty background at all, even my bro who goes for parra (which is just next to my house) has only been to one game. Plus this is my HSC year. Season ticket next year if i get into UoW.

We dont have any Mediterranean Descendants in the army. Just fully sick hectik merkins who have been shaving since they were 9 years old!
yeah im just raring for moevember this year

What you call an arab between 2 buildings- Alley
What do you call an arab at DCM's- lebanese-on-Eez
What do you call a good looking person in lebanon- Tourist
all i understood from this guy is that he's an idiot racist and from what you guys told me above i'm assuming he's not a saints supporter.

Thanks a lot guys, i just asked because i wore my jersey the day after the minor premiership win and a white old guy gave me a thumbs up and said "you're a saints supporter???"

Steel Dragon

Bench
To paraphrase a fellow fan - the difference between the lebanese that support the Dragons and the lebanese that support the Dogs is that Muslim lebanese support the Dogs and Christian lebanese support the Dragons!

Not a hard and fast rule by any stretch of the imagination, but kinda on the mark.

But yeah - come to Kogarah! You wont be the only Mediterranean Descendant!

Bath's Babes

Juniors
well im atheist, and btw i act white even though im from iran. this is because my parents are from iran but i am born in japan moved here when i was a kid so ive learned to live the way the rest of the nation does, wherever i go. so i always act australian here so hate it when people treat me like a stereotypical middle eastern person especially when ive had citizenship since i was 7

silverex

Bench
Don't feel left out, BB.

My season ticket seats at Kogarah are in the new stand and in the row in front of us is a big Middle Eastern family who practically take up the whole row. They come to all the Kogarah games and they all wear the Dragons gear.

big pat

Coach
well im atheist, and btw i act white even though im from iran. this is because my parents are from iran but i am born in japan moved here when i was a kid so ive learned to live the way the rest of the nation does, wherever i go. so i always act australian here so hate it when people treat me like a stereotypical middle eastern person especially when ive had citizenship since i was 7

have you heard of the iron shiek, i think he was a dragon supporter.:lol:

Latest posts