What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about F1 cars

WooKiie

Juniors
can an F1 car travel at one constant speed like 30-40kmph for a whole race distant and not heat up and blow up (being the engine)

hrundi99

First Grade
F1 cars are designed to go a lot quicker than 30-40kph so yes they tend to overheat given the lack of cooling via the airducts built into the side pods.

WooKiie

Juniors
yea thats what i thought, but the more i tried to explain the question, the more i get confused and the more the answers contradict each other. haha

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
depends whether the engine is water cooled or air cooled... even @ 30/40kph there would be sufficient air passing over the engine to attend to it's cooling requirements at that RPM.

hrundi99

First Grade
newtownbluebags said:
depends whether the engine is water cooled or air cooled... even @ 30/40kph there would be sufficient air passing over the engine to attend to it's cooling requirements at that RPM.

They aren't water-cooled. It's fairly basic knowledge as it's commented on after every yellow flag...

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
hrundi99 said:
They aren't water-cooled. It's fairly basic knowledge as it's commented on after every yellow flag...
Oh f**k thats right I forgot that along with being an expert on everything else Hyundai99 is a F1 Guru!...........#-o

Jimbo

Immortal
F1 cars have radiators in their sidepods for cooling, but since they don't have fans like normal cars they rely on forward movement to push air through the radiators

There is some cooling from airflow through the bodywork, but this is fairly minimal

Latest posts